Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Football 2019/20

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Fulham had Rodney Marsh, George Best, Bobby Moore & I think Alan Mullery playing that night. Would love to see the full Fulham line up, if anyone can find it.

That would have been some game with some very iconic players even if they were past their obvious prime.

Reading Brian Clough's book he made some interesting comparsions regarding the changing face of football. Well worth a read for anyone who has an interest in the development of the modern game.

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how much as a ballpark figure Premier League footballers and clubs pay in tax per year? Not saying that clubs furloughing is right or wrong but I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere yet, just lots of outrage. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Surely players in the Prem won’t be furloughed 

Badness by these top clubs still paying millions a week to players.   They should hand their heads in shame.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I was flabbergasted when I heard on the radio this morning that the PFA have rejected the premier league request to take a reduction in their members wages. 

And then to hear that one of their reasons for rejection of pay cuts was that it would reduce the amount of tax they are paying to the government when the treasury needs money. A load of bowlarks.

Gordon Taylor's multi million pound PFA business will hopefully have a massive shock when they finally realise what the people who fill the players coffers actually think about them. Time they came out of there narcissistic little world's and saw reality. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, proud panther said:

Fulham had Rodney Marsh, George Best, Bobby Moore & I think Alan Mullery playing that night. Would love to see the full Fulham line up, if anyone can find it.

Remember Swindon beating Fulham 5-0 in a FA cup replay at the County Ground 77. About 24000 there.

Best, Moore, Marsh, plus Peyton, Cutbush, Strong, Slough, Howe, Bullivant, Mitchell, Evanson? Don Rogers sub for the Town. Allen, Dixon, Trollope, Stroud, Aizlewood, Prophett, Moss, McLaughlin, Syrett, McHale, Anderson played for Swindon.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Remember Swindon beating Fulham 5-0 in a FA cup replay at the County Ground 77. About 24000 there.

Best, Moore, Marsh, plus Peyton, Cutbush, Strong, Slough, Howe, Bullivant, Mitchell, Evanson? Don Rogers sub for the Town. Allen, Dixon, Trollope, Stroud, Aizlewood, Prophett, Moss, McLaughlin, Syrett, McHale, Anderson played for Swindon.

Some names to conjour with there!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Remember Swindon beating Fulham 5-0 in a FA cup replay at the County Ground 77. About 24000 there.

Best, Moore, Marsh, plus Peyton, Cutbush, Strong, Slough, Howe, Bullivant, Mitchell, Evanson? Don Rogers sub for the Town. Allen, Dixon, Trollope, Stroud, Aizlewood, Prophett, Moss, McLaughlin, Syrett, McHale, Anderson played for Swindon.

Might be getting Alan Mullery mixed up with Alan Slough.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, proud panther said:

Might be getting Alan Mullery mixed up with Alan Slough.

Can't recall the exact details but wasn't Mullery part to blame for England's defeat against West Germany in 1970 or am I doing him an injustuce?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

Can't recall the exact details but wasn't Mullery part to blame for England's defeat against West Germany in 1970 or am I doing him an injustuce?

 

Maybe one-twelfth part?  :)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Might be getting Alan Mullery mixed up with Alan Slough.

I think he left Fulham the year before. Had 2 spells with them, but was best known at Tottenham.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I think he left Fulham the year before. Had 2 spells with them, but was best known at Tottenham.

...and a tough little character as well!

Edited by steve roberts

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Can't recall the exact details but wasn't Mullery part to blame for England's defeat against West Germany in 1970 or am I doing him an injustuce?

Think he scored, blame Bonetti:D

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, auntie doris said:

Think he scored, blame Bonetti:D

Oh gosh! I did do him a dis-service! Thanks for putting me right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jrs said:

I was flabbergasted when I heard on the radio this morning that the PFA have rejected the premier league request to take a reduction in their members wages. 

And then to hear that one of their reasons for rejection of pay cuts was that it would reduce the amount of tax they are paying to the government when the treasury needs money. A load of bowlarks.

Gordon Taylor's multi million pound PFA business will hopefully have a massive shock when they finally realise what the people who fill the players coffers actually think about them. Time they came out of there narcissistic little world's and saw reality. 

Why are footballers being made scapegoats ? It shocked me a but  I thought Wayne Rooney spoke quite well  on the Subject .Townsend said much the same thing . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy