British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Football 2019/20

30 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Fulham had Rodney Marsh, George Best, Bobby Moore & I think Alan Mullery playing that night. Would love to see the full Fulham line up, if anyone can find it.

That would have been some game with some very iconic players even if they were past their obvious prime.

Reading Brian Clough's book he made some interesting comparsions regarding the changing face of football. Well worth a read for anyone who has an interest in the development of the modern game.

I wonder how much as a ballpark figure Premier League footballers and clubs pay in tax per year? Not saying that clubs furloughing is right or wrong but I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere yet, just lots of outrage. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Surely players in the Prem won’t be furloughed 

Badness by these top clubs still paying millions a week to players.   They should hand their heads in shame.

I was flabbergasted when I heard on the radio this morning that the PFA have rejected the premier league request to take a reduction in their members wages. 

And then to hear that one of their reasons for rejection of pay cuts was that it would reduce the amount of tax they are paying to the government when the treasury needs money. A load of bowlarks.

Gordon Taylor's multi million pound PFA business will hopefully have a massive shock when they finally realise what the people who fill the players coffers actually think about them. Time they came out of there narcissistic little world's and saw reality. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, proud panther said:

Fulham had Rodney Marsh, George Best, Bobby Moore & I think Alan Mullery playing that night. Would love to see the full Fulham line up, if anyone can find it.

Remember Swindon beating Fulham 5-0 in a FA cup replay at the County Ground 77. About 24000 there.

Best, Moore, Marsh, plus Peyton, Cutbush, Strong, Slough, Howe, Bullivant, Mitchell, Evanson? Don Rogers sub for the Town. Allen, Dixon, Trollope, Stroud, Aizlewood, Prophett, Moss, McLaughlin, Syrett, McHale, Anderson played for Swindon.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Remember Swindon beating Fulham 5-0 in a FA cup replay at the County Ground 77. About 24000 there.

Best, Moore, Marsh, plus Peyton, Cutbush, Strong, Slough, Howe, Bullivant, Mitchell, Evanson? Don Rogers sub for the Town. Allen, Dixon, Trollope, Stroud, Aizlewood, Prophett, Moss, McLaughlin, Syrett, McHale, Anderson played for Swindon.

Some names to conjour with there!

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Might be getting Alan Mullery mixed up with Alan Slough.

1 minute ago, proud panther said:

Can't recall the exact details but wasn't Mullery part to blame for England's defeat against West Germany in 1970 or am I doing him an injustuce?

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

Can't recall the exact details but wasn't Mullery part to blame for England's defeat against West Germany in 1970 or am I doing him an injustuce?

Maybe one-twelfth part?  :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, proud panther said:

I think he left Fulham the year before. Had 2 spells with them, but was best known at Tottenham.

2 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I think he left Fulham the year before. Had 2 spells with them, but was best known at Tottenham.

...and a tough little character as well!

Edited by steve roberts

15 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Think he scored, blame Bonetti:D

Just now, auntie doris said:

Think he scored, blame Bonetti:D

Oh gosh! I did do him a dis-service! Thanks for putting me right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jrs said:

I was flabbergasted when I heard on the radio this morning that the PFA have rejected the premier league request to take a reduction in their members wages. 

And then to hear that one of their reasons for rejection of pay cuts was that it would reduce the amount of tax they are paying to the government when the treasury needs money. A load of bowlarks.

Gordon Taylor's multi million pound PFA business will hopefully have a massive shock when they finally realise what the people who fill the players coffers actually think about them. Time they came out of there narcissistic little world's and saw reality. 

Why are footballers being made scapegoats ? It shocked me a but  I thought Wayne Rooney spoke quite well  on the Subject .Townsend said much the same thing . 

• Like 2