British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Football 2019/20

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Does the average top cricketer get £5 million a year?

Top sportman earn top money ..  ..as I said before what others have come forward to take a pay cut .. For some reason its always football players who get the stick . its supply and demand on why earn they the   top money .

Just now, orion said:

Top sportman earn top money ..  ..as I said before what others have come forward to take a pay cut .. For some reason its always football players who get the stick . its supply and demand on why earn they the   top money .

I read that Joe Root might earn £1.5 million. I’m guessing he’s in our top five cricket earners.

Whereas 100 footballers must earn more, some more than £10 million.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I read that Joe Root might earn £1.5 million. I’m guessing he’s in our top five cricket earners.

And ?  its the  top sport in the world . supply and demand 

Just now, orion said:

And ?  its the  top sport in the world . supply and demand 

Good point.

We demand 30%.  :)

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Good point.

We demand 30%.  :)

Who is we ? I don't 

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

some are staggering...

https://www.givemesport.com/1545094-the-worlds-highest-paid-footballers-and-managers-in-2020-have-been-named

Just now, orion said:

Who is we ? I don't 

Hmmm ... you seem a little too comfortable with this. We best have 30% from you too.  :)

Just to re-iterate I'm re-reading Brian Clough's book and he made some very interesting observations about the game (including salaries)...well worth a read for anyone interested in the game.

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hmmm ... you seem a little too comfortable with this. We best have 30% from you too.  :)

30 % of £27 ..your ruthless DC 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, orion said:

30 % of £27 ..your ruthless DC 

Yeah, but I’ve seen you play football. You’re worth much more!  :)

• Haha 1

Why are some so intent on denying the government funds at a time when it desperately needs them?

Slash footballers wages by 30%.. that's a hell of a chunk of lost tax revenue. So your average Joe will pay more to compensate. Doesn't seem very wise to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Why are some so intent on denying the government funds at a time when it desperately needs them?

Slash footballers wages by 30%.. that's a hell of a chunk of lost tax revenue. So your average Joe will pay more to compensate. Doesn't seem very wise to me.

30% to the government/NHS.

And we still tax the 70%.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

30% to the government/NHS.

And we still tax the 70%.

Completely illegal.. and why pick on the employees? It's the owners they should be going after.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Completely illegal.. and why pick on the employees? It's the owners they should be going after.

Illegal v immoral