British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Football 2019/20

Null and void the season. Bolton stay up. Bury should then be allowed back in. At least Bolton would get some justice. They got kicked where it hurts. Bury were given no chance. So unfair.

7 minutes ago, craigACE said:

Null and void the season. Bolton stay up. Bury should then be allowed back in. At least Bolton would get some justice. They got kicked where it hurts. Bury were given no chance. So unfair.

What a surprise.. someone from Manchester says null and void.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

What a surprise.. someone from Manchester says null and void.

From Wigan me. Liverpool deserve the PL title.

13 minutes ago, craigACE said:

And who deserves the League One title ?

13 minutes ago, craigACE said:

Why null and void? Gains nothing.

If season was less than halfway through I'd agree, it's not, nearly over.

When the time is right, resume and finish it off. Then plan sensibly the next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrs said:

And who deserves the League One title ?

Not Ipswich, that's for sure :cry:

• Haha 1

Can't wait for it to start again. I'm heartily sick of reading and hearing the opinions of housebound pundits pointing out how they feel the season should recommence. Almost as bad as hearing which is the latest player Man United are going to spend gazillions on for next year as they look to "exploit" (OGS words) other teams financial problems.

I like watching the Big Match Revisited on BT sport every morning though.

Edited by salty
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, craigACE said:

F*** Bury, I feel for the fans but the club got exactly what it deserved.

5 hours ago, salty said:

Can't wait for it to start again. I'm heartily sick of reading and hearing the opinions of housebound pundits pointing out how they feel the season should recommence. Almost as bad as hearing which is the latest player Man United are going to spend gazillions on for next year as they look to "exploit" (OGS words) other teams financial problems.

I like watching the Big Match Revisited on BT sport every morning though.

I don't understand why so many want to null and void the season.. especially Wolves fans! Why strip the club and players of what has been a fantastic season? It just makes no sense.. without going into the financial side of it.

It's almost as if they think that rendering the season null and void somehow makes a difference to Covid-19... it's irrelevant.

I hate behind closed doors matches, but I'd rather that than nothing.

Let the "Pools Panel" forecast remaining match results! :)

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

I hate behind closed doors matches, but I'd rather that than nothing.

Do you think behind closed doors would work?

I can't imagine supporters of clubs with something to play for not turning up on mass at the games, unless BT & Sky show the games free to air on terrestrial telly. Even then I believe numpties will still try to go.

10 minutes ago, bendover said:

Do you think behind closed doors would work?

I can't imagine supporters of clubs with something to play for not turning up on mass at the games, unless BT & Sky show the games free to air on terrestrial telly. Even then I believe numpties will still try to go.

It could be good business for the TV companies.

I can see Sky and BT getting 500,000 new subscriptions from people who can’t go to the matches or watch them on TV in pubs, just like the increased alcohol sales to people now drinking at home.

Edited by DC2

Worry about closed doors and TV coverage is that you then get fans congregating in Pubs to watch, which sort of defeats the object. My cousin was in Athens for the Wolves match there and watched in a bar that was rammed full of supporters.

6 minutes ago, salty said:

Worry about closed doors and TV coverage is that you then get fans congregating in Pubs to watch, which sort of defeats the object. My cousin was in Athens for the Wolves match there and watched in a bar that was rammed full of supporters.

Not if they’re closed.

• Like 2

Ok, I misunderstood your comment "watch them in pubs" , I see what you mean now. Think there would be a clamour to provide the coverage for free? Or at least a reduced rate.