British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Football 2019/20

2 minutes ago, salty said:

Ok, I misunderstood your comment "watch them in pubs" , I see what you mean now. Think there would be a clamour to provide the coverage for free? Or at least a reduced rate.

I’m sure there would be a special end of season deal or sign up for next season too at a discount!

But it could well be good business.

My main concern is the knock on effect to next season, there is going to come a point eventually where it will be impossible to fit in the rest of this season and the next one before the Euros next summer so depending on what time is left they will probably have to bin one of them off. The hard bit is how they declare the 2019/20 season if it can’t be finished, you are never going to please everyone unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

My main concern is the knock on effect to next season, there is going to come a point eventually where it will be impossible to fit in the rest of this season and the next one before the Euros next summer so depending on what time is left they will probably have to bin one of them off. The hard bit is how they declare the 2019/20 season if it can’t be finished, you are never going to please everyone unfortunately. 

Cut out the minor cups and focus on the league and European competitions.

All likely to be behind closed doors until we have a vaccine though.

It’s almost certainly only the Premier Leagues across Europe that could afford to function (based on TV money and merchandise).

Edited by DC2

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Let the "Pools Panel" forecast remaining match results! :)

Klopp v Pep, Nuno v Rogers, Potter v Howe on FIFA 20, televised live would work:D

• Like 1

Newcastle United takeover: BeIN Sports & Amnesty warn Premier League https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52375947 

looking like the take over at Newcastle United has taken another twist 

Does anyone ever fail the Proper persons test?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, salty said:

Does anyone ever fail the Proper persons test?

Depends how much is in the large brown envelope ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

Klopp v Pep, Nuno v Rogers, Potter v Howe on FIFA 20, televised live would work:D

That sort of stuff already taking place, but with players. Diogo Jota representing Wolves...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Cut out the minor cups and focus on the league and European competitions.

All likely to be behind closed doors until we have a vaccine though.

It’s almost certainly only the Premier Leagues across Europe that could afford to function (based on TV money and merchandise).

No doubt that will be the plan... and we're truly screwed if it's the case.

The virus will naturally evolve (already is) and become less deadly.. as Spanish Flu did. 

The chances of them developing an effective vaccine for an ever mutating virus are diddly squat... as seasonal flu/pneumonia already shows.

Anyway, debate for another thread!

Just now, BWitcher said:

No doubt that will be the plan... and we're truly screwed if it's the case.

The virus will naturally evolve (already is) and become less deadly.. as Spanish Flu did. 

The chances of them developing an effective vaccine for an ever mutating virus are diddly squat... as seasonal flu/pneumonia already shows.

Anyway, debate for another thread!

Can I have a link?  :)

• Haha 2

Just now, DC2 said:

Can I have a link?  :)

I can't locate it, only posted a couple of times early on. :)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Weasel said:

F*** Bury, I feel for the fans but the club got exactly what it deserved.

Agree.. effectively cheated their way to promotion from League 2 last year. Just as Macclesfield did to stay up.

Going to cost League 1 & 2 clubs a fortune if they're made to play behind closed doors, also the added problem of so many contracts ending in June which clearly creates a huge issue if the season continues into July/August.

I think we'll end up with the PL and Championship finishing but League 1 and 2 ending using points per game to sort out promotion/relegation.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Newcastle United takeover: BeIN Sports & Amnesty warn Premier League https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52375947 

looking like the take over at Newcastle United has taken another twist 

Did they write to the Premier League and all clubs with the same concerns when the guy took over full control at Sheffield Utd? Laughable everyone getting their knickers in a twist because they’re buying Newcastle and worried the sleeping giant is about to be woken!

Edited by screm
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, The Weasel said:

F*** Bury, I feel for the fans but the club got exactly what it deserved.

Got what they deserved ?. If Day and Dale had been allowed nowhere near things would be ok now. So who gets the blame for that then ?. Your comment is one that i have hardly heard from fans around the Country, Well apart from Rochdale idiots.

Edited by craigACE

According to Teletext (Yep, I still use it!), Spurs are targeting West Ham's Issa Diop and Wolves Raul Jiminez in a £96.9m pound move.

So that's £900k for Diop then:rofl:

• Haha 1