British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

15/7/19 Kent v Cradley

Do the averages fit for either rider,,,?     don't ask me not up on averages at Kent

How one earth can they fit 9 point riders in?? They had the chance to replace Kemp with Bowen or bowtell who would never drop their starting average by 2 points and they’ve missed that chance now the averages have all inflated (mainly ledwith). As it is apparent Kemp a great talent his average was mainly attained from spending so long at reserve last year at Mildenhall) 

Edited by TurnTwo
  • Like 1

Looks like a dead duck then,,,,

There aren’t many riders on 6.53 or less averages to go in place of ledwith so Kent will just have to run rr for spooner (not terrible as Ablitt and Gilkes can take rides) and use guest like Edwards for ledwith 

40 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Many tracks are quite capable of running 15 heats within 2 hrs including a brief interval.

Kent cannot on a consistent basis.

one wonders why. Why are there so many crashes that cause long delays.

Blue groove, a 2nd bend that does not pull riders in but seems to do the opposite appeAr to be factors.

Football is time limited and there are rules to prevent time wasting. However, players know how to run down the clock - speedway is no different.

Worth noting Len ignored curfew when it suited last yeAr

Steady now,you will upset some people with those opinions! :D

39 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

There aren’t many riders on 6.53 or less averages to go in place of ledwith so Kent will just have to run rr for spooner (not terrible as Ablitt and Gilkes can take rides) and use guest like Edwards for ledwith 

The problem is you are now relying on a team of kids and Rowe and Kemp to score the bulk of points.

There’s a need for an older head and Bowen would be ideal. As I said it would need wholesale changes though.

4 hours ago, Bryce said:

Last night was my first ever visit to Kent speedway. I've seen better meetings, but also many worse ones. There were indeed some excellent races. In my opinion none of the crashes were caused by track conditions, and I echo the praise for the efforts of the track staff in repairing the fences. Like others, I'm astonished (and happy) that the heat 7 crash didn't result in some major injuries. The curfew time is a real problem and an extra 30 minutes would make a world of difference. As for heat 14, I doubt that Cradley could have been any more blatant in making sure they ran the clock out to guarantee a league point.  

As a first timer and therefore I assume a neutral, as a Kent fan I value thos comments greatly.

Bryce may not believe track conditions caused the crashes but there does seem to be a worrying pattern.

Kent have had an awful lot of injuries this year.

28 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Bryce may not believe track conditions caused the crashes but there does seem to be a worrying pattern.

Kent have had an awful lot of injuries this year.

It is certainly a worrying time for Kent with a shoulder injury to Alex Spooner at Kent due to a shed chain, back injury to Jordan Jenkins at Mildenhall on Sunday whilst guesting for Stoke, collar bone injury to Rob Ledwith sustained at Stoke in the NL Fours and a wrist injury to Anders Rowe in the same meeting at Stoke.

11 minutes ago, Vic Meldrew said:

It is certainly a worrying time for Kent with a shoulder injury to Alex Spooner at Kent due to a shed chain, back injury to Jordan Jenkins at Mildenhall on Sunday whilst guesting for Stoke, collar bone injury to Rob Ledwith sustained at Stoke in the NL Fours and a wrist injury to Anders Rowe in the same meeting at Stoke.

Got you - the common denominator is Stoke.

10 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Got you - the common denominator is Stoke.

Straws clutching . If at first you can't find a solution, blame stoke!!

19 minutes ago, Vic Meldrew said:

You forgot the injury to Gilkes, out for 9 weeks with a broken pelvis sustained at Stoke & for what its worth Ablitt out for 23 days with concussion sustained at Swindon. Yes there is a pattern & that is that just about every injury sustained by Kent riders happened away from Central Park.

• Thanks 1

Wasn’t there a review in the speedway star at the start of the year saying there would be potential injuries at Kent due to the nature of the riders I can’t  remember if it was a fan like previous years or club one by the press officers of the clubs but I believe I read it somewhere? 

7 hours ago, waco said:

Hi blue herb77,,as you probably know I  did the track at Rye back in the early 80,s with Hughie Saunders ,and have been staff on the Kent track when Ben was there ,l also did the track with Chick Woodruff many years ago at Rayleigh so I think I know what I'm talking about on tracks,,The track at Kent is one of the hardest to ride for young inexperienced riders..So take no notice of those knocking your opinions...For an example did you ever see Nathan Ablitt crashing at Lakeside ?.

I don't remember Ablitt crashing at Lakeside,  but then i don't ever remember him racing there. When did he race at Lakeside? 

• Confused 1