British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

15/7/19 Kent v Cradley

Oh here we b****y well go ... like a load of sheep everyone jumps on the health and safety bandwagon. East End Fan  in particular suggesting I leave injured riders " lie where they fall and continue with the meeting"  I will treat that comment with the contempt it deserves.

How about stopping all the fannying about at the starts digging holes, hanging back form the start until the start marshall has to drag the riders to the tapes before the green light goes on ..... only for some silly s*d to jump he start and we start all over again with a team of hangers on leaping out of the pits to refill with fuel , adjust the rear wheel , clean the wheel rims , cool he clutch and all sorts of unecessary c**p before another 2 minutes goes on and we start all over again.  If I was a ref I would throw o nthe green light let the tapes up riders ready or not. I bet I ould only hve to do it once and the riders would be ready to start pronto in heat 2. WE are paying to watch speedway racing not fannying around at the start. It's out of control. 

How about having the gumption to kick a*s and get the riders to appear on the track in good time wihtout having to wait for the 2 minute warning.

I have often wondered whether ANY meeting would actually start at all nowadays if the referee did not sound the 2 minute warnign for heat one ? We wold be waing for hours ith riders having a chat having an energy drink  tiddling with their bikes and no one would bother to go to the start.

The bottom line would be to compel promoters to refund spectators for races not raced due to a curfew. They save on points money paid so why should the spectators not recieve a refund ??? That would would keep the meetings moving :-) :-)

2 hours ago, waco said:

Things are not like they used to be,,nowdays every thing revolves round costs that are far more expensive than they used to be,,,,,hence longer delays with injuries

And, to be fair, prices at the turnstiles have gone up.

25 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Oh here we b****y well go ... like a load of sheep everyone jumps on the health and safety bandwagon. East End Fan  in particular suggesting I leave injured riders " lie where they fall and continue with the meeting"  I will treat that comment with the contempt it deserves.

How about stopping all the fannying about at the starts digging holes, hanging back form the start until the start marshall has to drag the riders to the tapes before the green light goes on ..... only for some silly s*d to jump he start and we start all over again with a team of hangers on leaping out of the pits to refill with fuel , adjust the rear wheel , clean the wheel rims , cool he clutch and all sorts of unecessary c**p before another 2 minutes goes on and we start all over again.  If I was a ref I would throw o nthe green light let the tapes up riders ready or not. I bet I ould only hve to do it once and the riders would be ready to start pronto in heat 2. WE are paying to watch speedway racing not fannying around at the start. It's out of control. 

How about having the gumption to kick a*s and get the riders to appear on the track in good time wihtout having to wait for the 2 minute warning.

I have often wondered whether ANY meeting would actually start at all nowadays if the referee did not sound the 2 minute warnign for heat one ? We wold be waing for hours ith riders having a chat having an energy drink  tiddling with their bikes and no one would bother to go to the start.

The bottom line would be to compel promoters to refund spectators for races not raced due to a curfew. They save on points money paid so why should the spectators not recieve a refund ??? That would would keep the meetings moving :-) :-)

It does seem the norm now for the referee to have to sound the 2 mins warning before any race comes to tapes; particularly ht 1.

I also agree, once on track - no more attention from mechanics etc. If tapes break and race re-run - no touching the bikes.

If a rider wants mechanical assistance at this point - go back to the pits and risk 2 mins coming on and they go off 15m anyway.

Refereees also have powers to control riders who delay starts - and that should include (if it doesn't) coming up to tapes when ordered by start marshal.

Refs should just apply the rules.

End of.

They certainly have Richard ,,and so have riders demands,,largely to keep their bikes in competitive order,......

Edited by waco

Just now, waco said:

They certainly have and so have riders demands,,largely to keep their bikes in competitive order,......

Absolutely -- mine and your money at the turnstiles is just funnelled to tuners etc via the riders.