British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesHarris

Whats the latest on the "new" Swindon stadium?

Whats the latest update on the all singing and dancing brand spanking new Swindon stadium folks? I've noticed it's all gone very quiet again and nothing recently as such on their website.

Do the stadium owners still think its viable? With all those new housing developments creeping up around it maybe they are waiting to be made an offer for the land they can't refuse. And one other question - Will Mr Russell be staging another Farewell to Blunsden haha. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kelvinlapworth said:

Whats the latest update on the all singing and dancing brand spanking new Swindon stadium folks? I've noticed it's all gone very quiet again and nothing recently as such on their website.

Do the stadium owners still think its viable? With all those new housing developments creeping up around it maybe they are waiting to be made an offer for the land they can't refuse. And one other question - Will Mr Russell be staging another Farewell to Blunsden haha. 

I suppose one might have to say, 'Be careful what you suggest'!

• Like 1

As we know it is all "pending", completed but waiting to be assembled on-site when the final permissions are granted. Unless of course, they do sell the stadium space and the houses don't just creep nearer and near, but take over totally. All we can hope for if it finally happens is that some of the new roads / closes will get speedway appropriate names.