British Speedway Forum
justathought

Leicester V Edinburgh 18/7/19 Championship.

17 hours ago, Big Al said:

Anyone know what the layoff time is for a concussion that follows soon after a previous layoff?

Josh has had to have surgery to repair a bone in his neck/back which apparently took two hours to complete. This would suggest recovery will be longer than that expected for concussion. 

Great result for the boys. Having a number 1 that you know is going to go out and win races really helps.

Rickys performance costing us a win imo getting beat of Lawlor summed his night up.

26 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Great result for the boys. Having a number 1 that you know is going to go out and win races really helps.

Rickys performance costing us a win imo getting beat of Lawlor summed his night up.

Wells cost you the win last night.

Maybe we have tapped him up and he has asked Wolbert the best way to manipulate his average :D.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Wells cost you the win last night.

Maybe we have tapped him up and he has asked Wolbert the best way to manipulate his average :D.

Or maybe it’s part of our master plan.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Well what a difference having a proper number 1 makes.

Welcome back Smiler!!

but your tail just got even longer and with oor willie in the main body of the team looks pretty poor . maybe when you get the next change (august ?) it will be better and the season will be over . so why do it in the first place ?

9 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Or maybe it’s part of our master plan.

Maybe but time is against you but agree about Masters class act.

25 minutes ago, jenga said:

but your tail just got even longer and with oor willie in the main body of the team looks pretty poor . maybe when you get the next change (august ?) it will be better and the season will be over . so why do it in the first place ?

Quite  simple  really, we have  been  pants  so  far this  season and  struggling  everywhere, barely  able  to  win heats  13 and  15, even at  home  , so  getting  sam  back is a no brainer. Vic and  Joel can`t score  15  between them on the  road, sam on his  own  gives  us a big hitter. We  have  a  long  tail granted, but  the  previous  line  up  could  not  win races away. The  point at  the  league  leaders  suggests  a  good  move, albeit a  little  late, at  least a  week in my  book  , but  the  red  tape  might  explain that. 

At  least  we  are  competitive  and  capable  of getting  40  away, before  hand  we  were  not. 

• Like 1

Definate improvement having Sam in the team but the form of Ricky is a worry.   Pleasantly surprised at Lawson scoring points and seems to be chipping in more now.  Picko and Cammy also doing well and happy with the reserves contributions. 

Be good to see how we perform at home but I think the rain will put stop to that on Friday.  

14 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Definate improvement having Sam in the team but the form of Ricky is a worry.   Pleasantly surprised at Lawson scoring points and seems to be chipping in more now.  Picko and Cammy also doing well and happy with the reserves contributions. 

Be good to see how we perform at home but I think the rain will put stop to that on Friday.  

Overall Edinburgh were very good value for your point. I don't think many teams will lead the Lions by 6 points at home during the meeting. Masters was electric away from the tapes in 4 rides. Lawson was the surprise for me. He gated for his points; Pickering I would have as a guest at Leicester. So exciting with his big sweeps around the air fence. 

• Like 1

You need to cut Wells a bit of slack here, that injury he's trying to ride with makes it extra difficult on tighter cornering tracks and I'd guess it's why he was put at 2. I've seen many other riders have the same problem and it improves ok in most cases, but in others it has to be dealt with by surgery. 

7 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Josh has had to have surgery to repair a bone in his neck/back which apparently took two hours to complete. This would suggest recovery will be longer than that expected for concussion. 

If the Lions need to replace both Worrall and Bates, would they be limited to making like-for-like changes where each new rider has to have an average below the one being replaced, or can they combine the averages of Worrall and Bates and bring in two replacements whose combined averages are less than that total?

17 minutes ago, Big Al said:

If the Lions need to replace both Worrall and Bates, would they be limited to making like-for-like changes where each new rider has to have an average below the one being replaced, or can they combine the averages of Worrall and Bates and bring in two replacements whose combined averages are less than that total?

If the changes are made individually, they can be like-for-like. If declared at the same time the 1-7 total must not exceed the 40 point team limit.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
23 hours ago, Fromafar said:

C’mon,he appears to be out of control of the bike  at some stage in most races.There is grip on most tracks you have be aware of where it is.There was nobody near him when he crashed.

Just as a random comment about riders "Out of control" One I noticed at Edinburgh last Friday....Josh Pickering. Also Conner Coles.

Guest Loose Diamond
Just now, Loose Diamond said:

Just as a random comment about riders "Out of control" One I noticed at Edinburgh last Friday....Josh Pickering. Also Conner Coles.

All over the place.

12 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

All over the place.

There's a difference from ' being out of control' and struggling to keep the bike where you want it. 

Perhaps before making such comments you might want to try riding a Speedway bike around Armadale's current bumpy surface.