British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

PLYMOUTH V BELLE VUE. 19 JULY

I note that Kyle Bickley and Danny Phillips are missing as they have a Championship match.

I accept that we can have guests but I want to see my team.... just confirms that the National League is a second class citizen within British Speedway.

14 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

I note that Kyle Bickley and Danny Phillips are missing as they have a Championship match.

I accept that we can have guests but I want to see my team.... just confirms that the National League is a second class citizen within British Speedway.

I agree it is frustrating to keep having riders missing from our teams but it is  progress for the them. stoke went to Mildenhall on sunday minus Lawlor and coles and while the guests did a good job it is just not the same. I am afraid that the talented riders will always be picked up by higher leagues so we just have to live with it but to be fair this is why speedway will always have a problem with fans buying into team loyalty.

With so many Friday clubs running it is always a heightened issue but the clash was there from the start of the season, the fixture planners really do the sport no favours. Phillips & Bickley were declared in both leagues at the start of the season which is different than the Coles & Lawlor situation as both had been picked up during the season which happens but is not as avoidable.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With so many Friday clubs running it is always a heightened issue but the clash was there from the start of the season, the fixture planners really do the sport no favours. Phillips & Bickley were declared in both leagues at the start of the season which is different than the Coles & Lawlor situation as both had been picked up during the season which happens but is not as avoidable.

Tbf Bickley wasnt at Glasgow yet when the fixtures were released (remember Lawlor and the hotel room?). So maybe BV thought they could get a result at Plymouth minus Phillips and would rather save Friday’s with a full team to showcase in front of their own fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Any ideas on there team.

Last weekend at Stoke I got told the Colts were considering  Jack Smith and Danny Verge with cover for  Bailey to be sorted . May have changed by now. Who knows.

Meeting OFF. 

BSPA and Belle Vue websites have the meeting postponed but Plymouth website still shows it running. Nothing like keeping supporters well informed! 

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

BSPA and Belle Vue websites have the meeting postponed but Plymouth website still shows it running. Nothing like keeping supporters well informed! 

Funny as it has been showing on  Plymouth's  Facebook for 4 hours. Seems they are keeping the supporters well informed. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Ore said:

Funny as it has been showing on  Plymouth's  Facebook for 4 hours. Seems they are keeping the supporters well informed. 

I don't have Facebook so just checked the website which by now has hopefully been updated. If they are only going to tell those on Facebook why bother having a website which shows incorrect information? 

EDIT at 14:42:- Just checked the website and it still shows the meeting as the next fixture. 

Edited by Chris116

On 7/18/2019 at 10:22 AM, BobC said:

Meeting OFF. 

Looking at the webcams down there it looks like a good call by the Plymouth promotion. 

On 7/17/2019 at 11:25 AM, Gunner85 said:

Have to accept it. At times i cannot keep up with who is guesting for who. It is because there are not enough riders and said riders need more than 1 team to pay the bills. Dont think this meeting as a new date yet. We also have another home meeting tba. I need to watch the Colts more tbh.

I disagree Craig Ace.

Kyle Bickley is our asset... so he should ride for us.

I accept  that riders need two teams ...and therefore there will be times when this happens....but why should the NL have to bow down all the time.

At Least if riders were made to ride for the team which they belong to you could see more sense to it

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 3