British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

'Cheetahs' at the Isle of Wight

Apparently Gordon Kennett will be Team Manager of an Oxford representative side due to race on the Island. Good luck and well done the Promoters for organising such a meeting!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Apparently Gordon Kennett will be Team Manager of an Oxford representative side due to race on the Island. Good luck and well done the Promoters for organising such a meeting!

Get yourself over there!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Get yourself over there!

A long distance from York I'm afraid.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, Triple.H. said:

i'm going. Haven't been to the IOW in years and never to the speedway

Nor me, last time was the Warners holiday camp, Puckpool! Now, long gone, but was used in the film 'Tommy' and 'That'll Be The Day'. I had the pleasure/misfortune to come into contact with Oliver Reid when there! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

Nor me, last time was the Warners holiday camp, Puckpool! Now, long gone, but was used in the film 'Tommy' and 'That'll Be The Day'. I had the pleasure/misfortune to come into contact with Oliver Reid when there! 

Blimey that was a while ago. Went there and next door to St Clare in 70s..now derelict. Well it was 7 years ago when I went to speedway

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

OK everyone here is your fun packed holiday adventure line up.....

Gates open at 5.30

Pits are open for full access 5.45 - 6.15

Mascots on track 6.15 - 6.45

Rider parade 6.45

First race 7.00

Halftime we have the kids on track race too plus all your other fun and games....

We have two places to get food... on bend one and in the premier lounge situation on bend 2... full range of, very well priced, food and drink.

We also have a track shop on bend 1, seated stands with TVs in, tattoos for kids, sweet stalls, kids will get a whistle and sweet voucher on entry, there is a stadium map on the the back page of the programme.

Any questions please let me know...

• Like 5

Good luck with the meeting tomorrow (?) night. Looking forward in reading a report from Robert Peasley who I'm sure will be attending?