Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Newcastle CL 19/7/19@19-30

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Only in speedway explain this to any new fans ride for glasgow but against 4 days later .

Happened for years , that is why it will never be taken seriously.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Only in speedway explain this to any new fans ride for glasgow but against 4 days later .

Whats the answer to this Geoff we have the choice of a guest from Berwick,Eastbourne or Sheffield that's it and my opinion is Richard is the one rider from these teams we can trust plus Aaron who is injured

My point is " only in speedway "  what other sport would u have someone being used for and against a team in a 4 day period, not a fan of lawson but imagine he has a stinker on friday but then has a blinder on tue winning a last heat decider would u still be happy him being a guest on fri 

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

My point is " only in speedway "  what other sport would u have someone being used for and against a team in a 4 day period, not a fan of lawson but imagine he has a stinker on friday but then has a blinder on tue winning a last heat decider would u still be happy him being a guest on fri 

Whats your solution  Geoff to our problem to replace Craig tonight

18 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Whats the answer to this Geoff we have the choice of a guest from Berwick,Eastbourne or Sheffield that's it and my opinion is Richard is the one rider from these teams we can trust plus Aaron who is injured

Actually, you had the choice of just about anyone in the top league too.  Cookie has an average of 11.01 (so 11.56 with the 5% added).  You had Hans Andersen lined up, but he got injured and one or two other riders are rumoured to have turned the offer down.

Anyway hope the weather forecast is wrong as it doesn't look good (Met Office site) as I will be making my way up for this one.

Edited by StevePark

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

Actually, you had the choice of just about anyone in the top league too.  Cookie has an average of 11.01 (so 11.56 with the 5% added).  You had Hans Andersen lined up, but he got injured and one or two other riders are rumoured to have turned the offer down.

Are they wanting a cookie replacement buy not on his wages !

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

All that being said , round Ashfield Richard is probably about the best available 

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

All that being said , round Ashfield Richard is probably about the best available 

Probably quite correct, but I was just pointing out that Glasgow had more choice than MANSE is saying.

Just now, geoff100 said:

Are they wanting a cookie replacement buy not on his wages !

Only a matter of time before money came into the conversation I suppose . Listen carefully Geoff , we know you are anti Glasgow , we get that it's fine . But having 7 riders in one's team is a better option than r/r . And for this meeting Richard Lawson is the best option available . The fact he is riding for the opposition on Tuesday is irrelevant,  he's done enough laps round Glasgow to know he's going to be a force to be reckoned with whether he rides tonight or not . 

• Like 1

I am not anti glasgow have been twice this season and am going on tuesday as well  , i still say it shows my fav sport to be a complete nonsense over the next four days in glasgow, explain it to anyone not a fan reading a local paper seeing any rider in one team then another in the next meeting then wonder why people except us diehards dont turn up.

Meeting OFF

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Probably quite correct, but I was just pointing out that Glasgow had more choice than MANSE is saying.

Had looked at the Prem  and saw nobody with a average less than 7.7 who would be better than Richard only possibility would be K Bjerre

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

I am not anti glasgow have been twice this season and am going on tuesday as well  , i still say it shows my fav sport to be a complete nonsense over the next four days in glasgow, explain it to anyone not a fan reading a local paper seeing any rider in one team then another in the next meeting then wonder why people except us diehards dont turn up.

The guest question has been mulled over by people more knowledgeable than us ever since league speedway came into being . 

How do you replace an unavailable rider who has lost only one heat on home shale all season . You cant , it would be like Belle Vue trying to replace Ivan Mauger in 1969 . 

The mere nature of our sport means the guest facility in this sort of instance is better than any other answer . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Meeting OFF

We'll that solves that then