British Speedway Forum
porkypotter

speedway bikes in ledbury auction

has anyone else seen the large number of classic speedway and grass track bikes for sale in the h j pugh auction in ledbury on august 17th I think. also loads of speedway related items. check it out online. some fantastic bikes there.

11 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

has anyone else seen the large number of classic speedway and grass track bikes for sale in the h j pugh auction in ledbury on august 17th I think. also loads of speedway related items. check it out online. some fantastic bikes there.

A beautiful collection and most likely a lifetimes work. Hard that its being broken up but fingers crossed it all gets good new homes, if anyone want want to buy me the Wiggy bike i would be very grateful.  

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

A beautiful collection and most likely a lifetimes work. Hard that its being broken up but fingers crossed it all gets good new homes, if anyone want want to buy me the Wiggy bike i would be very grateful.  

absolutely sings. I believe they are the collection of a guy called noel Clarke. as you say there are some crackers. should be a good sale but I dare not go as I know I would come home with a truck load. I live around 3 miles from where the ivan mauger collection went under the hammer but I knew if I went there would be a divorce because they were fabulous but big bucks. so good luck to all those that attend and happy bidding.

• Like 1

What a collection !  . . .and such a range of stuff. Enough parts alone to build a dozen or more bikes.
Then there's the race jackets, the photos, posters, and books. And the unique bike collection, - old ('20s), '50s,  and newer, (of the last few decades.)

There's a full day's reading/viewing and more, just to get thru the auction item lists, if you've the spare day or 2. Worth it !

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing and I’m itching to do a bike restoration!

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Another link to the auction is the auctioneers are the pugh family as in Derek Pugh the Cradley promoter.

The same Pugh that sold the stadium to Barrat Homes! (off subject I know, just wanted to put the boot in!).

• Like 6

Wow !! what a collection- took me 30 minutes going through it. If there was an estimate  does anyone know what the World final programmes(  some signed by Freddie Williams) 

lots 23 to 33 would be listed for ? I wonder if there are any reserves for the lots ?

Just left there ish.... My chum has got Malmo 61 proggy.  Completes his world final collection. Celebrating in hereford now.. great to see Ken Eyre, Ronnie Correy and Dean Felton there... genuine riders for Wolves etc ... not bloody double ups. Raising more glasses to follow ...

On 8/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, racers and royals said:

I estimate(very approximately) the sale realised £400000. One 1929 bike went for £37000

Thats a quite fantastic figure. A fitting value to a lifetimes dedication and i hope all the new owners have items they can now treasure for an equally long time.

Stunning collection of items . loved the old fuel pumps and signs . sorry , but speedway came 2nd to the pumps etc .  truly , truly amazing items ..

28 minutes ago, jenga said:

Stunning collection of items . loved the old fuel pumps and signs . sorry , but speedway came 2nd to the pumps etc .  truly , truly amazing items ..

I have just scrolled through the 13 pages of the sale again- some of the prices the items made are amazing- i reckon i could have under estimated the £400000- anyone want to get a calculator out ??