Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Somerset, Saturday 20 July 7pm

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Forgot to say very impressed with the speed they got through the meeting all done n dusted in one and a quarter hours can we have more of that please? 

Yes they didn’t make us suffer anymore then we had to

As others have said it wasnt exactly a classic last night mostly down to the track conditions which were difficult to say the least but giving the rain we had yesterday we were lucky to see any speedway at all so well done to the Berwick track staff. Somerset made a shrewd choice of guest in Ben Barker as he was the most entertaining rider on show and while his team mates did the best they could it was never going to be good enough to stop Berwick, all his team mates that is apart from Rory Schlein who was a disgrace, totaly unprofessional and an embarrassment to Somerset Speedway, IMO the quicker they are rid of him the better, especially those Somerset fans on the back straight who made the times money and effort to come all this way to support their team, theyvdeserve better. Hopefully the BSPA will get Schlein as far away as possible from our younger riders.

Finally I'm Not sure if anyone from the club reads these pages but please can we put an immediate stop to announcing results from meetings that are live at tv on a Saturday night. Yes I know yesterday's SoN meetingsvwss in the afternoon and yes the club put the Berwick meeting back to accommodate those wanting to watch the SoN but there stil some who were recording the tv meeting and didn't want to know the results, sadly out centre green announcer couldnt waitv to announce the Australia win.

• Like 2

Yip,Garry blames track conditions for Rory pulling up in 3 races as there was minimal opportunity to pass.Even said when he made the gate he won easily.The sport is in a bad way with these attitudes.Imo

• Like 3

Scheiln is pathetic , if he is too scared to ride on a wet track then he should hang the kevlars up and retire . Its like me in my trade saying im not working 30 levels up as i dont like heights, id be sacked .

he has whinged for longer than i can remember so the Bspa should say thank you and goodbye and revoke his license. Not what you want in your side . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Yip,Garry blames track conditions for Rory pulling up in 3 races as there was minimal opportunity to pass.Even said when he made the gate he won easily.The sport is in a bad way with these attitudes.Imo

Isn't Schlein British now ???,,, maybe he has just went over the top with the moaning and whinging bit ;)

21 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Isn't Schlein British now ???,,, maybe he has just went over the top with the moaning and whinging bit ;)

Does that mean he's a Whinging Pom now ? 

• Haha 1

I was going to this meeting but the weather/ Schlein combination put me of, which proved justified.Riders with his attitude are harming the sport.

Schlein really let his team mates down and the fans bet they wish he had the attitude of Barker can't praise him enough. 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Surely even Gary May is running out of excuses for his rider, track was the same for everyone and even the two young Somerset reserves put in some kind of effort, ok they did struggle but lack of experiencecwas a factor there, something that Schlein shouldve had to his advantage.

Rory was exactly the same at Sheffield a few weeks ago.

Did not like the amount of dirt down on the track and spat the dummy out.

What he does not realise is he sending out a clear message to opposing clubs, put the dirt down and water the track well and Rory will not race

Maybe over the years those nasty injuries have taken their toll on him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, screm said:

Surely even Gary May is running out of excuses for his rider, track was the same for everyone and even the two young Somerset reserves put in some kind of effort, ok they did struggle but lack of experiencecwas a factor there, something that Schlein shouldve had to his advantage.

Wonder if it had of been the 2 reserves who packed up in 3 races without making an effort Garry May’s response would of been the same 

May and Schlein as bad as each other, pair of softcocks. The PL being primarily northern is sorting the men from the boys isn't it?

8 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Wonder if it had of been the 2 reserves who packed up in 3 races without making an effort Garry May’s response would of been the same 

Think you are right there

Blocked by Schlein on Twitter this morning. Wasn’t even following him. Sensitive little bitch ain’t he :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Blocked by Schlein on Twitter this morning. Wasn’t even following him. Sensitive little bitch ain’t he :lol:

What kept you, that happened with me months ago. Funny thing was I had only been following him for a few days.