Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Somerset, Saturday 20 July 7pm

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/18/2019 at 6:09 PM, crescent girl said:

Listed with the caveat 'if fit' - Aaron has been stood down as Glasgow's guest at Brough on Sunday (replaced by Sam Masters).. 

Hello. Did Aaron Summers ride on Saturday? In Newcastle programme for last night's meeting his name was printed in to guest for Craig Cook. But as programmes at Newcastle generally printed a few days before hand I was not 100% sure he rode at Berwick, then be available to guest for Glasgow? As it happened  when Masters became available Glasgow obviously thought sorry Aaron but we have someone better to replace you...Sam Masters. Well that's the way the Cookie crumbles. And better still the Diamonds won!! Glasgow to me thought ok just turn up and 4 points in the bag!! Unlucky.

11 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello. Did Aaron Summers ride on Saturday? In Newcastle programme for last night's meeting his name was printed in to guest for Craig Cook. But as programmes at Newcastle generally printed a few days before hand I was not 100% sure he rode at Berwick, then be available to guest for Glasgow? As it happened  when Masters became available Glasgow obviously thought sorry Aaron but we have someone better to replace you...Sam Masters. Well that's the way the Cookie crumbles. And better still the Diamonds won!! Glasgow to me thought ok just turn up and 4 points in the bag!! Unlucky.

Yes but he’s injured, that’s why he chose not to take part in the two guest bookings he had, one for Bomber at Edin on Fri and one for Cookie at Newc on Sun, was struggling to turn due to back injury

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

You honestly think that is our mindset turn up expecting 4 points , jeeez :nono:.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Gazc said:

You honestly think that is our mindset turn up expecting 4 points , jeeez :nono:.

I'm sorry, but yes I do. Just this kind of arrogance with Glasgow. Thinking they can just turn up and win especially against a team who were near the bottom of the table until recently! Also was there any need for the finger waving emoji???? I was just stating a fact. IMHO.

15 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

I'm sorry, but yes I do. Just this kind of arrogance with Glasgow. Thinking they can just turn up and win especially against a team who were near the bottom of the table until recently! Also was there any need for the finger waving emoji???? I was just stating a fact. IMHO.

For someone who claims to be a speedway ' fan' you don't seem to know much about your own team never mind the sport itself?

As for " stating a fact, IMHO"???

then its not a fact is it?.... It's an opinion , a silly one at that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

37 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

For someone who claims to be a speedway ' fan' you don't seem to know much about your own team never mind the sport itself?

Before anyone starts pointing the finger, just cos we've got the same surname, it doesn't mean we're related,,, well at least I hope not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Don't know were to start with this crap and as it is a Berwick thread i won't bother my arse ,  how you can tell how arrogant we may or may not be is mind blowing , unless you work for cis and you are very good at profiling 

Somehow i doubt it.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Ok. Maybe the stating a fact bit was not the correct words to use. But it was my opinion.

8 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

That's  a load of rubbish , everyone at Glasgow were of the opinion that the Newcastle meeting would be tough as you had strengthened,  we were aiming for a point and hoping for more , but no one was of the opinion we just needed to turn up and get 4 points. Sorry for taking over the Berwick thread.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

That's  a load of rubbish , everyone at Glasgow were of the opinion that the Newcastle meeting would be tough as you had strengthened,  we were aiming for a point and hoping for more , but no one was of the opinion we just needed to turn up and get 4 points. Sorry for taking over the Berwick thread.

Ok fair enough your opinion. I was hoping actually that we would not get beat at home. So we achieved that goal.

11 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Didn't Schlien say he is retiring at the end of the season anyway? 

Making it even more baffling why we signed him in the first place. We should of had Harris at no.1 and used the extra points for better reserves.

13 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

No,Aaron would have been a great guest,but he is recovering from his spill v Leicester.

Edited by Topcat
Typo