British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
boz

Redcar v Birmingham - 19/07

Quite enjoyed that meeting. Track was a bit slick due to the expected rain that never came but still a fairly decent night. 

Felt the Bears were fairly comfortable throughout the night, but Birmingham still put up a decent fight. Good solid effort for the Bears, and Stewart and Andersen thoroughly deserved heat 15. Sgood to see Woolley in the mix, brought the house down with his point! 

Birmingham battled hard, and thought Castagna in particular was excellent value. From what I had read on here, expected a white line hugger but he was anything but tonight - very entertaining! 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, boz said:

Quite enjoyed that meeting. Track was a bit slick due to the expected rain that never came but still a fairly decent night. 

Felt the Bears were fairly comfortable throughout the night, but Birmingham still put up a decent fight. Good solid effort for the Bears, and Stewart and Andersen thoroughly deserved heat 15. Sgood to see Woolley in the mix, brought the house down with his point! 

Birmingham battled hard, and thought Castagna in particular was excellent value. From what I had read on here, expected a white line hugger but he was anything but tonight - very entertaining! 

I think the slickness of the track helped him, (it did exactly the opposite for Nathan Greaves, spinning up in the corners). He started out, riding the inside, but as the meeting progressed he moved out. He gave a good account of himself on the night. Have to say, Greavsey was not happy with the slickness of the track.

1 hour ago, boz said:

Castagna was hugging the white line, hardly ever moved of it.

34 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Never does at Perry Barr except when he has no choice due to gate position, yet when he is forced to use the outside he goes far quicker.

Steady, professional job by the Bears. Birmingham much better than I expected, which I was glad of, some very good racing last night.

There is no reason why the Bears can't make the top 4 , and win the KO Cup too.

After so many lean years, what a treat that would be.   UTB !!

7 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

I agree with Boz on that one. Had he hugged the white line, Wright would have beaten him. At that stage of the meeting, the major riding line was on the outside or at least mid track.

9 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I think the slickness of the track helped him, (it did exactly the opposite for Nathan Greaves, spinning up in the corners). He started out, riding the inside, but as the meeting progressed he moved out. He gave a good account of himself on the night. Have to say, Greavsey was not happy with the slickness of the track.

he was last Wednesday at PB ! LoL

11 hours ago, boz said:

I love Paco, its been great to see him doing well this season and proving people wrong who wrote him off before he rode for us. His passion and enthusiasm really makes him a popular rider with brummies fans and tbh there shouldnt even be a vote for rider of the year. He wins hands down. 

All in all a good effort from the brummies with such a patched up side, (again:() thanks to Ty and Ulrich for their performances. Good Luck to Redcar,  they have a good side with the changes they made. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Once again, Bellers, goes to a different meeting to the rest of us. Sure, he started the meeting, riding the inside line, but he must have been watching, because the penny soon dropped, as to where he needed to ride. As HT has said he rode a great race, to block out a charging, Charles Wright. It was a good performance from him. The match, was also more entertaining, than I expected. Nathan Greaves, was spitting feathers. He is in good form at the minute and was making starts last night. It was frustrating for him, because his motor is fast and he was spinning up in the corners.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Once again, Bellers, goes to a different meeting to the rest of us. Sure, he started the meeting, riding the inside line, but he must have been watching, because the penny soon dropped, as to where he needed to ride. As HT has said he rode a great race, to block out a charging, Charles Wright. It was a good performance from him. The match, was also more entertaining, than I expected. Nathan Greaves, was spitting feathers. He is in good form at the minute and was making starts last night. It was frustrating for him, because his motor is fast and he was spinning up in the corners.

The word HARDLY is key to my post. I didn't say NEVER. 

CHEERS. 

6 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

The word HARDLY is key to my post. I didn't say NEVER. 

CHEERS. 

Sorry, when I saw the words " hardly ever" , I thought you were referring, to correct statements, made by you.

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

Sorry, when I saw the words " hardly ever" , I thought you were referring, to correct statements, made by you.

Yeah, whatever cheers.