British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitar_art

Eastbourne. Speedway Tavern

The following is a reaction to last week's show.

From Ian Jordan Director of Speedway at Eastbourne

"Hi Guys - despite being born and bred in Stourbridge (Matthews dad will know me from OLdbury Cycle Speedway days) - I have found myself as Director of Eastbourne Speedway (long story). I occasionally catch your show and heard last night about complaints re some who have booked hotels before match v Brummies on 3 August was cancelled last week. To be perfectly honest it ended up being outside of our control as we could not find a date in July that Glasgow would accept and asked BSPA to give us an extension - BSPA then gave us no option but to ride v Glasgow on 3 August - we can't refund hotel fees but if anyone would like to contact me I'd be happy to arrange FREE ENTRY to anyone affected at rearranged match whenever that is - least we can do...ianjordan@eastbourne-speedway.com (PS Laurence was 100% accurate in what he said re call off by the way no issues there) Best Wishes..Ian"

The Speedway Tavern have had permission to publish this.
Thanks

• Like 1

Fair play to this guy, he seems forthcoming and honest , a rarity 

i don’t get this with people moaning

“we booked hotels”

surely everone books with free cancellation, usually it’s up to midday on the day.

1 hour ago, brewer said:

Fair play to this guy, he seems forthcoming and honest , a rarity 

i don’t get this with people moaning

“we booked hotels”

surely everone books with free cancellation, usually it’s up to midday on the day.

I have said before, that any speedway fan who books an hotel in relation to attending a speedway match shows not an ounce of common sense if they do not book with a cancellation clause. No excuses. I think all this "I booked an hotel" is a load of poppycock from so-called fans trying to stir up trouble.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

I have said before, that any speedway fan who books an hotel in relation to attending a speedway match shows not an ounce of common sense if they do not book with a cancellation clause. No excuses. I think all this "I booked an hotel" is a load of poppycock from so-called fans trying to stir up trouble.

I followed the advice of your excellent Eastbourne website and booked with the local Premier Inn. As it advised I chose the "pay on the day option" that allows you to cancel free of charge before 1pm. It's ideal for any Speedway fan (if rain offs are early) and I don't know why more Speedway Teams don't offer such a comprehensive service for Away Fans. Top marks.

• Like 3