British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Glasgow 21/07/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

Ben Barker guests for Thomas Jorgensen & Sam Masters guests for Craig Cook.

Diamonds: Steve Worrall, Ulrich Ostergaard, Lasse Bjerre, Matty Wethers, Ben Barker, Mac Clegg, Danny Phillips.

Tigers: Sam Masters, James Sarjeant, Claus Vissing, Paul Starke, Rasmus Jensen, Connor Bailey, Kyle Bickley.

Website preview here: http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=101007

Edited by StevePark

Tough one for the Tigers , the Diamonds have strenghtened considerable, hopefully we can get a point but Vissing is on his mid season slump and no Cook is also a big loss. On another note , well done to the Diamonds in knocking out the monarchs in the KO cup, hope it is a Diamonds v Bears final as both teams are due a bit of success. Still want the Tigers to win tomorrow though.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Tough one for the Tigers , the Diamonds have strenghtened considerable, hopefully we can get a point but Vissing is on his mid season slump and no Cook is also a big loss. On another note , well done to the Diamonds in knocking out the monarchs in the KO cup, hope it is a Diamonds v Bears final as both teams are due a bit of success. Still want the Tigers to win tomorrow though.

Vissing had a good meeting last time at Brough, but Jensen was poor. Paul Starke should do ok if he puts a decent shift in, not like his lame effort last week ;) (didn't even win a race)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Ulrich could be the signing of the season, out of form and struggling but def signs of recovery of late , def home win

A couple of things to add.

Under 16's will be admitted FREE throughout the Summer Holidays (when accompanied by a paying adult) starting with this meeting.

You (adults as well!) can get your face painted at tonight's match, which is being sponsored by SPARCS, which you can learn more about here:

https://www.sparcsne.com/

• Like 3

On 7/20/2019 at 12:05 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Vissing had a good meeting last time at Brough, but Jensen was poor. Paul Starke should do ok if he puts a decent shift in, not like his lame effort last week ;) (didn't even win a race)

Disagree with you Ruff. I thought Starkey done a great job. Paid for 10 from 4 rides and that was after a third in his 1st ride. What you expecting?????

On 7/20/2019 at 11:00 AM, StevePark said:

Ben Barker guests for Thomas Jorgensen & Sam Masters guests for Craig Cook.

Diamonds: Steve Worrall, Ulrich Ostergaard, Lasse Bjerre, Matty Wethers, Ben Barker, Mac Clegg, Danny Phillips.

Tigers: Sam Masters, James Sarjeant, Claus Vissing, Paul Starke, Rasmus Jensen, Connor Bailey, Kyle Bickley.

Website preview here: http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=101007

I fully expect a diamonds victory tonight. Masters will do a good job and should reach double figures but he's no cookie around Brough. Starkey will weigh in with a few but Rasmussen & Vissing are a bit hot and cold. Sargent isn't normally the best around Brough. Bickley has struggled badly the times he's been around our track and it will be Bailey's first visit. I think we will have too much for the tigers and i think we could win easier than people think. Fingers crossed.

21 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I fully expect a diamonds victory tonight. Masters will do a good job and should reach double figures but he's no cookie around Brough. Starkey will weigh in with a few but Rasmussen & Vissing are a bit hot and cold. Sargent isn't normally the best around Brough. Bickley has struggled badly the times he's been around our track and it will be Bailey's first visit. I think we will have too much for the tigers and i think we could win easier than people think. Fingers crossed.

Jens is 60 years-old now(he might struggle).

• Like 2

Hope Barker has another good meeting 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Big win for Diamonds I reckon.

Good comeback for Tigers to get Point, fair play to them

Not a good night for Starkey, its small margins like that, that turn a league point into three. However having taken points at every away match so far must'nt grumble. Thanks to Masters for doing a good job replacing Cook. Toughest test so far coming this weekend with Leicester home and away followed by Scunny away. Before that its Eastbourne at home on Tuesday in the KOC with a big lead required.

Decent enough meeting and happy with a point after being 17-6 down at one point , but why wasn't Clegg excluded from heat 2 after touching the tapes ? 

• Like 1