British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Glasgow 21/07/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

It seems Danny can do no right, he doubles what is expected from him average wise in a league he really shouldn't be in, and he still gets slagged off... Yes, I may do some of that from time to time, but when he deserves some praise I'm gonna give it to him... Can only beat what's in front of him and to be fair he did a very good job holding Kyle Bickley off for the 2/3 laps before he fell... Well done Danny :t: A good second pace in heat 2 too

Reserves throughout this season have gotten weaker imo... Matt Marson, Jason Edwards, Connor Coles, Joe Lawlor, Connor Bailey, Kyle Bickley, Tom Woolley, Henry Atkins, Danny Phillips with all due respect are riders who should NOT be expected to be in this league, but all are capable of beating eachother, yes it makes the races far too processional when they are in them, BUT it gives them opportunity to score points at Championship level...

hey dandy .. its not fair to class young kyle bickley saying the reserv es are weaker . kyle is in the championship on merit and he is doing a good job @ away tracks and with glasgow (small g )

here are kyles scores AWAY frae yam .(home)

4 / 3+1 / 3+1 / 5+1 / 10+1 / 2+1 / 0 (newcastle !) / 6+ / 6+1 .

@ glasgow .8+1/7+1/8+1/ 8 / 8+1/ 10+1 / 7+1 / 4+1 . 

only 3 races where kyle has been gifted points . he has also beaten howarth,kennedy @ sheffiel and kurtz (where ever he races @ ) ohh and danyon hulme. 

so it looks like your assumption of kyle is really , really incorrect ! . home or away . live n learn please .... 

look , i posted something nice about Glasgow . stand by for smiley faces ...

Edited by jenga
Do I need a reason ?
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

How were they gifted? Two of his opponents fell off. He stayed on. I know in the past he has had the tendancy to come off when in scoring positions but this time he did not.

You really are showing yourself up now.

I am not slagging Kyle off at all, the lad has done very well this season, I have been following the likes of him, Drew and Leon... The future looks bright, All I am saying, at this point in his career, he shouldn't have to feel pressured into scoring big in the Championship because of rules such as the points limit forcing him to be the senior reserve and possibly a second string!! It's pretty ridiculous an it's how young Brits such as Zach Wajtknecht, Matt Williamson, Lewis Rose, Jack Thomas, Josh Bailey and many more over the years have 'taken a break from the sport' there's just too much pressure on them... They should be allowed to ride at number 7 whilst they build their confidence up... That is all I'm saying, maybe a rule such as the number 7 can be a u-21 Brit should come into the equation... Even if it is a Dan Bewley or Robert Lambert type... Yes it makes some teams ridiculously strong, but the Poles do it with the likes of Maksym Drabik and Bartosz Smektala at reserve... And they're doing well are they not

Kyle HAS done well this year, even when expected to be the senior reserve, and I applaud him for that

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I am not slagging Kyle off at all, the lad has done very well this season, I have been following the likes of him, Drew and Leon... The future looks bright, All I am saying, at this point in his career, he shouldn't have to feel pressured into scoring big in the Championship because of rules such as the points limit forcing him to be the senior reserve and possibly a second string!! It's pretty ridiculous an it's how young Brits such as Zach Wajtknecht, Matt Williamson, Lewis Rose, Jack Thomas, Josh Bailey and many more over the years have 'taken a break from the sport' there's just too much pressure on them... They should be allowed to ride at number 7 whilst they build their confidence up... That is all I'm saying, maybe a rule such as the number 7 can be a u-21 Brit should come into the equation... Even if it is a Dan Bewley or Robert Lambert type... Yes it makes some teams ridiculously strong, but the Poles do it with the likes of Maksym Drabik and Bartosz Smektala at reserve... And they're doing well are they not

Kyle HAS done well this year, even when expected to be the senior reserve, and I applaud him for that

Kyle isn't under any pressure to score big points though.  The Glasgow top 5 should be good enough to score the points required and therefore he and Connor Bailey pick up points they can as a bonus to the top 5 scores.

Also most number 7's in the Championship are 2.00 pointers (originally) and are under-21.  The Polish U-21 riders are miles ahead of most of our U-21's and, probably, will be for quite some time yet.

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Kyle isn't under any pressure to score big points though.  The Glasgow top 5 should be good enough to score the points required and therefore he and Connor Bailey pick up points they can as a bonus to the top 5 scores.

Also most number 7's in the Championship are 2.00 pointers (originally) and are under-21.  The Polish U-21 riders are miles ahead of most of our U-21's and, probably, will be for quite some time yet.

I don't think in a team that BOTH reserves should be in the 'not under any pressure' boat... Carrying one rider is ok, but not 2 (No, I am not saying Glasgow is carrying Kyle, just that it's unfair, at his age and stage of his career, to expect him to be otherwise) I don't think James Sarjeant is up to much most meetings either and yes, they have a VERY strong top 3 in Cook, Vissing and Rasmus, and Stakre is pretty good most days too... but I feel that they are still a pretty top heavy team and sometimes it's a bit unfair on the likes of Kyle to say he is too poor away and it's costing points etc... He's only a kid really!!

I don't have anything against Glasgow, in fact I quite like what has gone on up there, it's a real bright spot for British speedway and I applaud the owners... Just clearing that up before people think I'm just hating on Glasgow out of jealousy... I just see their top heaviness and long tail might in the end be the undoing of them, that is all :)

Edited by Dandelion

28 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I don't think in a team that BOTH reserves should be in the 'not under any pressure' boat... Carrying one rider is ok, but not 2 (No, I am not saying Glasgow is carrying Kyle, just that it's unfair, at his age and stage of his career, to expect him to be otherwise) I don't think James Sarjeant is up to much most meetings either and yes, they have a VERY strong top 3 in Cook, Vissing and Rasmus, and Stakre is pretty good most days too... but I feel that they are still a pretty top heavy team and sometimes it's a bit unfair on the likes of Kyle to say he is too poor away and it's costing points etc... He's only a kid really!!

I don't have anything against Glasgow, in fact I quite like what has gone on up there, it's a real bright spot for British speedway and I applaud the owners... Just clearing that up before people think I'm just hating on Glasgow out of jealousy... I just see their top heaviness and long tail might in the end be the undoing of them, that is all :)

Glasgow were unbeaten in the league home and away (until last Sunday), which,  I think, kind of proves my point.  They still got a "bonus point" despite the defeat, so your point (in my opinion) isn't totally valid.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Glasgow were unbeaten in the league home and away (until last Sunday), which,  I think, kind of proves my point.  They still got a "bonus point" despite the defeat, so your point (in my opinion) isn't totally valid.

I still see their weaknesses being outshone by the strength in depth of a team like Leicester come play off time... Just my opinion, and you have yours :D