British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Swindon v Belle Vue Premiership Thursday 25/07/2019

Aarnio looks to be a bit of a disaster. Still tonight cannot be just down to him. Away meetings are not what we want right now.

9 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I would go along with that but there are signs hes finding his way back.

Appears so, which is great to see. Just saying, he’s a young one that took a big one. Easy does it.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 6:40 PM, foreverblue said:

Josh will be fine, he won't be the low scorer

You were saying about Josh & not getting a low score.

• Haha 3

Good weather, good crowd, good racing. Swindon top 5 very powerful, and reserves chipped in.

• Like 1

Well done Swindon. 

Great crowd

Great racing

Shambolic performance from us, nothing more to be said 

From a neutral, good to see Dan going well away from home. Hope he's getting it back together :t:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Good weather, good crowd, good racing. Swindon top 5 very powerful, and reserves chipped in.

Top 5 ? Good crowd ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

You were saying about Josh & not getting a low score.

Yes think he had some bike issues 

49 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I think we have taken it mate.

I didn’t think it was possible but it’s looking that way.

Good meeting, especially heat 13 with Jason riding wide on bend 2 and passing on most bends.  The whole team rode well and it was pleasing to see the reserves get 11+4 between them.  

• Like 2

A good solid Swindon performance and some good racing again Bewley's pass of Doyle in heat 10 was terrific and heat 13 was out of the top drawer.Musielak really does look classy and if we make the play offs we will scare alot of teams the double could be a possibility.???Maybe i am wrong there are more people watching over bends 2/3 but i thought the crowd was not the best i recon about 1100.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

A good solid Swindon performance and some good racing again Bewley's pass of Doyle in heat 10 was terrific and heat 13 was out of the top drawer.Musielak really does look classy and if we make the play offs we will scare alot of teams the double could be a possibility.???Maybe i am wrong there are more people watching over bends 2/3 but i thought the crowd was not the best i recon about 1100.

There was more than 1100 there last night. I reckon it was more like 2,000 - a pretty decent crowd for a speedway meeting these days.

I don't know if you took a wander down the back straight, but it was pretty packed from the end of the stand down to bend 3. The home straight was pretty busy too.

It's difficult to judge properly, though. Nobody really stands on bends 1/2 any more because the track is so far away, and the straights are also more  compact.

But it seemed pretty busy to me last night.

• Like 1

2000???? no chance you usually get that for Poole or play/offs  the starting gate side is nowhere near as packed as it used to be.Where i was after heat three on the old cheap side yes the numbers have gone up alot there but 2000 really?? hope you are right though.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

2000???? no chance you usually get that for Poole or play/offs  the starting gate side is nowhere near as packed as it used to be.Where i was after heat three on the old cheap side yes the numbers have gone up alot there but 2000 really?? hope you are right though.

I reckon it was around that, yes, although guessing crowd numbers isn't easy. It certainly wasn't a poor crowd.  I thought it was a good crowd for these times - and nice to see lots of kids and younger adults there. Good weather, school holidays and opposition that haven't just been there in the last 2 weeks, and the crowd was decent. I took a wander round, and there were a lot of people on the bank towards the third bend.