Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Swindon v Belle Vue Premiership Thursday 25/07/2019

35 minutes ago, lastword said:

Who on earth decided that Aarnio was the answer to the number 7 position?

Back from injury (again!) and doesn't manage to complete one race without checking out injured again!

He was never going to be the answer a strange signing, a signing for signing sake methinks, meeting going as expected Swindon far too good, we really are shocking away from home and tonight sees the reason I wouldn't have kept Worrall either, gone as far as hes going to. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

He was never going to be the answer a strange signing, a signing for signing sake methinks, meeting going as expected Swindon far too good, we really are shocking away from home and tonight sees the reason I wouldn't have kept Worrall either, gone as far as hes going to. 

We always seem to sign the wrong Worrall don't we? :D

In all seriousness I think you are right and being 'local' has given both lads a certain amount of leeway with the fans that maybe someone from further afield domestically or abroad wouldn't have been granted..

Injuries have taken their toll on both sadly..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, craigACE said:

With the heat like this I hope the track is reasonable. I think it will be a narrow away win but anything can happen. Watching the Swedish meeting then following my lot on twitter. COME ON ACES.

The track was absolutely fine.....Belle Vue were not so! 

Shocking. I know nothing about the meeting so i cannot comment any further. Now to Ipswich away.

24 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

In my opinion S Worrall can go further. Serious crashes must have a major impact on confidence and finance. I think he can / will come good again. 

Well done Swindon, the only real positive for us is that Dan appears to be getting back to form, Rossiter must have forgotten to tell him he was injured ;)

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

In my opinion S Worrall can go further. Serious crashes must have a major impact on confidence and finance. I think he can / will come good again. 

If that's to be the case I think a change would do him the world of good.

2 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Well done Swindon, the only real positive for us what Dan appears to be getting back to form, Rossiter must have forgotten to tell him he was injured ;)

I’ll go in the middle and say he’s ‘fragile’. Togy Tele not an easy ride. We had no chance so agree best protected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lastword said:

Who on earth decided that Aarnio was the answer to the number 7 position?

Back from injury (again!) and doesn't manage to complete one race without checking out injured again!

Said so at the time, a completely backward step. Sign a rider that will struggle to score anything for a rider that at least gets 2 or 3. Crazy decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

If that's to be the case I think a change would do him the world of good.

Possibly, I’d risk him at Peterborough. Nothing to lose now. 

Are Belle Vue trying to take the worst travellers this year from Wolves. Shocking.

11 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

I’ll go in the middle and say he’s ‘fragile’. Togy Tele not an easy ride. We had no chance so agree best protected. 

I would go along with that but there are signs hes finding his way back.

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Are Belle Vue trying to take the worst travellers this year from Wolves. Shocking.

I think we have taken it mate.