British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Swindon v Belle Vue Premiership Thursday 25/07/2019

Surely people aren’t judging Aarnio on injuries? If he had ridden every meeting since being signed and carded lots of lasts then fair enough but he can’t be criticised if he’s not actually on track? 

In any event Berge should be doing much, much better than that. 

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

I reckon it was around that, yes, although guessing crowd numbers isn't easy. It certainly wasn't a poor crowd.  I thought it was a good crowd for these times - and nice to see lots of kids and younger adults there. Good weather, school holidays and opposition that haven't just been there in the last 2 weeks, and the crowd was decent. I took a wander round, and there were a lot of people on the bank towards the third bend.

I only had two babycham's last night as well !!!!maybe you are right the crowd is spaced out more pretty misleading which is great the racing also is getting better by the minute chuffed to bits with the track.Heat 13 was unreal i thought Doyley was heading for the burger van really went wide headed for the fence  then ripped by Fricke on the straight.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Surely people aren’t judging Aarnio on injuries? If he had ridden every meeting since being signed and carded lots of lasts then fair enough but he can’t be criticised if he’s not actually on track? 

In any event Berge should be doing much, much better than that. 

And to be fair it was only a month ago that Aarnio and Berge would have been the dream team at reserve for many Swindon fans!

Pleased to see Vissing get among the points with the ever combatitive Perks.

• Like 1

Not a chance bv will do anything over 2 legs in a play off.

Need to make some changes. Worrall to go, he’s been dreadful this season. Aarnio a disaster although he’s constantly getting hurt, so make a change there as well.

Bellego is available? Need to be all over it, him for Steve and possibly Garrity for Tero of those fit 

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

There was more than 1100 there last night. I reckon it was more like 2,000 - a pretty decent crowd for a speedway meeting these days.

I don't know if you took a wander down the back straight, but it was pretty packed from the end of the stand down to bend 3. The home straight was pretty busy too.

It's difficult to judge properly, though. Nobody really stands on bends 1/2 any more because the track is so far away, and the straights are also more  compact.

But it seemed pretty busy to me last night.

The home straight was packed ? I thought  it was same as the last few weeks what by all accounts Russell and co think is poor ..Not in a million years was it 2000 .

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

2000???? no chance you usually get that for Poole or play/offs  the starting gate side is nowhere near as packed as it used to be.Where i was after heat three on the old cheap side yes the numbers have gone up alot there but 2000 really?? hope you are right though.

Back straight was packed last night. I have no idea about crowds tho!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, orion said:

The home straight was packed ? I thought  it was same as the last few weeks what by all accounts Russell and co think is poor ..Not in a million years was it 2000 .

Where did I say that?

17 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Back straight was packed last night. I have no idea about crowds tho!!

Thank God for that. I was beginning to think it was all a dream.

• Haha 1

There were 1489 there!the turnstile operator said biggest number this year! Who knows?

23 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

There were 1489 there!the turnstile operator said biggest number this year! Who knows?

Was it the same turnstile operator that used to work at the County Ground in the 70’s and 80’s? ;)

It was definitely very busy on the back street, however, I can’t remember the opening match v Poole to contradict the turnstile operator’s assertion.

The match itself was pretty straightforward for the Robins and apart from Bewley’s magical pass on Doyle and Polar looking interested for 3 heats it was pretty poor from the Aces. Fricke was disappointing and Worrall has regressed, probably due to the number of injuries he has sustained, which is a shame given how well he rode here when reserve and continued on an upward curve thereafter.

If Perks continues in his combative nature at reserve with Vissing picking up vital third places Swindon should get in to the PO and then it gets interesting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

There was more than 1100 there last night. I reckon it was more like 2,000 - a pretty decent crowd for a speedway meeting these days.

You said it here. Your reckoning was 500 out.

Just now, waytogo28 said:

You said it here. Your reckoning was 500 out.

You're quoting on the wrong thing. It was about the home straight being packed, not the 2000 assessment.

Sadly I could not see the size of the crowd on the home straight. The Live feed was not working. I was commenting on your "reckoning" which was 30% out.

Just now, waytogo28 said:

Sadly I could not see the size of the crowd on the home straight. The Live feed was not working. I was commenting on your "reckoning" which was 30% out.

If it was 1489 it was lower than my estimate - which will obviously delight the Speedway doomsters and the gloomsters - but it was a good crowd last night compared to normal.

Sidney under estimated it at 1100. Go pick on him. :)

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

If it was 1489 it was lower than my estimate - which will obviously delight the Speedway doomsters and the gloomsters - but it was a good crowd last night compared to normal.

Sidney under estimated it at 1100. Go pick on him. :)

I'm not "picking" on you. I never pick on anyone or insult them. I do pick up on factual inaccuracies, particularly from anyone who is trying to Big Up UK speedway while it slowly fades into an ignominious extinction. So if it was better than normal, Sidney's estimate is perhaps right for a "normal" match?

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made