British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Swindon v Belle Vue Premiership Thursday 25/07/2019

12 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I'm not "picking" on you. I never pick on anyone or insult them. I do pick up on factual inaccuracies, particularly from anyone who is trying to Big Up UK speedway while it slowly fades into an ignominious extinction. So if it was better than normal, Sidney's estimate is perhaps right for a "normal" match?

I wasn't trying to big up anything. I just wandered about and thought to myself that it was a pretty decent crowd compared to other meetings. I guessed at around 2000 - which is what you get at Basingstoke Ice Hockey. It was not stated as fact. Please accept my forgiveness if I over estimated the size of the crowd.

I wasn't being deliberately positive. It was a mistake. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I know how annoying that can be. All I know is that I went to the back straight for a bit of peace and quiet only to find it infested with humans. Disgruntled, I returned back to the home straight, muttering about all those damn interlopers being in a place that is normally kept for quiet contemplation.

The crowd last night was better than normal. Let's just leave it at that.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I wasn't trying to big up anything. I just wandered about and thought to myself that it was a pretty decent crowd compared to other meetings. I guessed at around 2000 - which is what you get at Basingstoke Ice Hockey. It was not stated as fact. Please accept my forgiveness if I over estimated the size of the crowd.

I wasn't being deliberately positive. It was a mistake. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I know how annoying that can be. All I know is that I went to the back straight for a bit of peace and quiet only to find it infested with humans. Disgruntled, I returned back to the home straight, muttering about all those damn interlopers being in a place that is normally kept for quiet contemplation.

I have to say Grachan the crowd levels have been concerning recently,   you did mention this the worrying thing about this is the entertainment level has been very good some great racing.

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

There were 1489 there!the turnstile operator said biggest number this year! Who knows?

You are one of the best at predicting crowds and that is a healthy crowd, great stuff the club deserve it they have worked hard.I go everyweek really looking forward to it i haven't done that for a very long time.Grachan was right it was more lively last night and hopefully it will continue that heat 13 Doyley move unreal will have to buy the Belle Vue DVD to see it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

If it was 1489 it was lower than my estimate - which will obviously delight the Speedway doomsters and the gloomsters - but it was a good crowd last night compared to normal.

Sidney under estimated it at 1100. Go pick on him. :)

389 out not to bad eh!!  i had  to many babysham's i think, you were 511 out !!!!! hardly a hanging crime.

23 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I have to say Grachan the crowd levels have been concerning recently,   you did mention this the worrying thing about this is the entertainment level has been very good some great racing.

I don't think the fixture list helps. Last week we had Wolves. Our next opponents? Wolves again. The same thing happened with King's Lynn.

People don't all go every week. A lot of people probably look at the opponents and make a decision based on that.

Attractive opponents, good weather and school holidays probably boosted the crowd last night.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

389 out not to bad eh!!  i had  to many babysham's i think, you were 511 out !!!!! hardly a hanging crime.

Add 60 odd freeloaders and hangers on and call it middle for diddle! :)

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

You are quite naturally forgiven. Genuine repentance means just that. What is unusual is that you found a location that normally offers peace and quiet to be infested with humans. The Abbey has much to be thankful for last night at least. A better crowd than normal is sadly the best any club can hope for nowadays.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes think he had some bike issues 

A Poole rider having engine problems on a guest appearance, what a surprise.

The back straight bogs are certainly infested.......thankfully not with humans though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

A Poole rider having engine problems on a guest appearance, what a surprise.

Almost as bad as Nicholls - he rode for Poole once too!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grachan said:

Add 60 odd freeloaders and hangers on and call it middle for diddle! :)

Loads of freebies but  i can't be a hypocrite, i have benefitted from that an awful lot over the years maybe they need to change that.

Was that when you used to vault over the wall Sid?

8 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Was that when you used to vault over the wall Sid?

I did that often but often got in free with Malc Holloway more so on away meeting's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I did that often but often got in free with Malc Holloway more so on away meeting's.

Last time I saw Malcolm was ten years ago when he looked a bit like Van Damme in the Coors Light adverts. Unless, of course, that was you, Sidney, with a grey mullet and faded jeans?

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

Last time I saw Malcolm was ten years ago when he looked a bit like Van Damme in the Coors Light adverts. Unless, of course, that was you, Sidney, with a grey mullet and faded jeans?

What the hell are you waffling on about? my point was out of that crowd the other night how many were freebies?.As i have benefited quite alot over the years i would be a hypocrite to say Speedway should reduce the free passes.