British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Glasgow 28.07.19

Good quick meeting.. Fair play to Glasgow, their big guns got them through in the end... Jensen particularly impressive.

well, that was a corker of a meeting, passing in almost every race,track immaculate considering the amount of water that has fallen over the last couple of days.pie,chips and peas excellent as always as was the missisus curry sauce.my first speedway meeting of the season, glad in a way sheff was off.fine evening all round.well done scunthorpe.

Totally different meeting to what we get at the EWR it was a bit gate  and go . At 9-3 up I thought it’s a Scorpions win but a top class effort from Glasgow and there fans were different class  well done well deserved  no complaints 

29 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Danny Ayres a bit off form? Or injured? He has been scoring well recently. The difference between the two teams? 

Or he's in the British final tomorrow and decided to ride a lawn mower instead tonight

Good to see Kyle scoring 5, good on his bike only 17 and getting better, big cheer for Rasmus, he provided great entertainment last seaon, good luck Cookie tomorrow. Been once, good track.

18 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

well, that was a corker of a meeting, passing in almost every race,track immaculate considering the amount of water that has fallen over the last couple of days.pie,chips and peas excellent as always as was the missisus curry sauce.my first speedway meeting of the season, glad in a way sheff was off.fine evening all round.well done scunthorpe.

It might have been a corker of a meeting to what you normally see at Sheffield but for me, irrespective of the result, we threw it away, gifting points to the Glasgow lads in the way we rode the track. The track prep was not normal because of the weather we had & what was predicted pre meeting but it caught us out. What was up with Danny? Thoughts on tomorrow? That was a mare for him but being in the spotlight, giving interviews to put in to print has, maybe, got to him a bit. We needed to stop their lower order getting points but, for some reason, they were getting them. The inside line had the grip, possibly due to the amount of standing water that got in to the track before the water was removed yesterday.

We also heard rumours of possible fuel tampering with probable additives used to get off the gate on a slick track. Whether a complaint has been put in with checks made & retrospective action taken later I am unsure but it did seem evident half way through the meeting when the Tigers got on top. Gating almost 3 metres in front by the 1st bend was evident mid meeting in which the track had not changed or been graded.

• Haha 3

Guest Loose Diamond
26 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Or he's in the British final tomorrow and decided to ride a lawn mower instead tonight

Ok fair enough. His normal points would have turned this in favour of Scunthorpe. 

Guest Loose Diamond
3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It might have been a corker of a meeting to what you normally see at Sheffield but for me, irrespective of the result, we threw it away, gifting points to the Glasgow lads in the way we rode the track. The track prep was not normal because of the weather we had & what was predicted pre meeting but it caught us out. What was up with Danny? Thoughts on tomorrow? That was a mare for him but being in the spotlight, giving interviews to put in to print has, maybe, got to him a bit. We needed to stop their lower order getting points but, for some reason, they were getting them. The inside line had the grip, possibly due to the amount of standing water that got in to the track before the water was removed yesterday.

We also heard rumours of possible fuel tampering with probable additives used to get off the gate on a slick track. Whether a complaint has been put in with checks made & retrospective action taken later I am unsure but it did seem evident half way through the meeting when the Tigers got on top. Gating almost 3 metres in front by the 1st bend was evident mid meeting in which the track had not changed or been graded.

You never know. Some teams will try anything for success.

1 hour ago, jenga said:

what  a shame there is no DVD for the Glasgow fans .  then again , 1 DVD sold of todays meeting @ scunny and 2,000 copies going around up Glasgow way !. well done Glasgow. .. shame for godders crew . not :icon_smile_clown:

MKJ were filming and there will be a way for Glasgow fans to buy the DVD

Think the Glasgow riders got the set up right as the meeting went on and choice of gates made a big difference first time I have been there and there wasn’t a blue groove after 10 hts 

That was probably his worst result, points wise, this season, not just for us but for Mildenhall & when guesting. Just one of those days but not just blaming Danny, as he has been awesome for us but the track was a  one & a half liner where, when trying the outside line, Josh, Jake, Ben, Danny, Cookie were going backwards making no ground what so ever.  

Sounds like a good meeting. Everybody there must have done a great job. Hope them rumours are not true.

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Think the Glasgow riders got the set up right as the meeting went on and choice of gates made a big difference first time I have been there and there wasn’t a blue groove after 10 hts 

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

That was probably his worst result, points wise, this season, not just for us but for Mildenhall & when guesting. Just one of those days but not just blaming Danny, as he has been awesome for us but the track was a  one & a half liner where, when trying the outside line, Josh, Jake, Ben, Danny, Cookie were going backwards making no ground what so ever.  

5 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

You never know. Some teams will try anything for success.

No offence but Palovaara being blocked from riding for a top team rather than a mid to bottom table team.:rolleyes: