British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Glasgow 28.07.19

I have been saying all year that its insane having a slick track with the riders Scunny have.  Ok there was a  possibility of rain but It has been slick all year.

Are the riders requesting these track conditions?

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

We also heard rumours of possible fuel tampering with probable additives used to get off the gate on a slick track. Whether a complaint has been put in with checks made & retrospective action taken later I am unsure but it did seem evident half way through the meeting when the Tigers got on top. Gating almost 3 metres in front by the 1st bend was evident mid meeting in which the track had not changed or been graded.

I have seen some cheap shots before but that just about takes the cake :D

4 hours ago, scunny1 said:

The biggest shocker was the track again. No outside line is a massive hindrance, with our boys searching for dirt that was just not there and going backwards. For a track that had supposedly 1000s of gallons taken off it yesterday, it seemed totally devoid of moisture, with dust flying everywhere from heat 2 onwards. For people saying what a great meeting it was, well perhaps the regular fans have been spoilt and most saying the racing was not so good this week. Josh, Stefan  Jake and Ben battled hard but they like riding the fence and we did not prepare the track for home advantage.  We can only hope lessons are learnt.

Having checked the weather forecasts, I thought Rob Godfrey was brave putting this one on.

If the track wasn't good, at least on this occasion there was reason for it.

• Like 1

Well that meeting wasn't as good as we normally get. Our riders seemed to be struggling with the track conditions.. Comparing the times from previous meetings tonight races were all in the late 59 + secs. Even a some 60 s .Race times were slow in comparison to some other meetings. Had Danny scored his normal points that would have been enough for a win. However don't take offence at that Danny all riders get an off night. Josh sometimes takes some stick for away meetings but at home not being a gater he always comes from behind. Josh looked to struggle tonight even though he was the top scorer. For the first time  we had the force of track dust in our faces on the top row of the stand at the start! Anyway that ones gone. Well done Glasgow on the win. Cooky "Nasty move on Josh....Naughty!

• Like 1

Granted I haven't read this entire thread and I may have missed a comment somewhere on what I'm about to say but as far as Danny is concerned he's preparing for the biggest night of his life in tonight's British final! 

Just maybe his head wasn't quite in the right place last night or his best bike and engine were wrapped in cotton wool ready for said meeting? 

Just a thought as his balls out style and with his attitude towards racing I'm sure he would usually have accrued a lot more than he scored last night! 

• Like 2

Cracker of a thread this.

Remember the days when cook was banging in maximums for us and he was using a 600cc or the rocket fuel etc good laugh.

Don’t understand the why ayres would be saving himself for the British final he’s not going to do anything.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Remember the days when cook was banging in maximums for us and he was using a 600cc or the rocket fuel etc good laugh.

Don’t understand the why ayres would be saving himself for the British final he’s not going to do anything.

No don't remember them , remember our double, double year at Shawfield though, that was comedy gold coming from the Edinburgh camp.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

No don't remember them , remember our double, double year at Shawfield though, that was comedy gold coming from the Edinburgh camp.

They complained that much the ref had at least one Glasgow engine checked and measured after an 0131 meeting and were within 500cc. That clamped them.

An enjoyable meeting last night and Congratulations the the Tigers on a fine win,really good team performance by them from 1 to 7,got the job done

Reading some excuses on here is amusing,Fuel,track etc,never heard such Rubbish, The tigers did what they had to do and Ayres and Lambert were poor,its a simple as that

Id even go as far as saying had the track been grippy we would have got thumped by more than two points

on another note,bit of a naughty move by cook in HEAT 15,least he could have done was go check on Auty,i dont think it was as dirty as it looked really,more a simple mistake coming out  the corner,least he could have done was checked he was ok

Any chance Glasow could leave Jensen at the EWR? 

Well done Glasgow

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, MD said:

They complained that much the ref had at least one Glasgow engine checked and measured after an 0131 meeting and were within 500cc. That clamped them.

I remember a similar incident at Newcastle. Peter Carr absolutely flawless that night got his engine checked as the old diamonds were furious. Peter just stood there with a big smile on his face as they checked his engine knowing fine well there was nothing wrong with it.

15 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I remember a similar incident at Newcastle. Peter Carr absolutely flawless that night got his engine checked as the old diamonds were furious. Peter just stood there with a big smile on his face as they checked his engine knowing fine well there was nothing wrong with it.

So you accept that such incidents are just sour grapes or excuses by the losing team yet you still have a dig. 

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Hopefully he will do ok. I'm sure he will appreciate your good wishes for him.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Have you bought a new calculator yet to see if your proposed team change will work    if you need help just ask 

3 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

So you accept that such incidents are just sour grapes or excuses by the losing team yet you still have a dig. 

Blobby is a lone Wolf now , the days of Sniper on here were hilarious , but the Edinburgh posters these days are more pleasant and not bitter , Blobs aside . 

Anyway after a wonderful away win and a hotel with a 24 hour bar,  we're a bit fragile heading for Manchester . 

Cracking team performance though , just as well the fuel additives arrived after heat 2 , amazing what Red Bull does mixed with the nitro . Didn't work for our glorious leader though as he was 6 points down on his usual score . But cometh the hour , cometh the man , take a bow Rasser , you were immense .

• Like 4

Guest Loose Diamond
21 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes he was always a fast rider. So far ahead it certainly made people wonder where this extra speed came from because to me there is not a great deal that you can do with a speedway engine to make it really much faster than anyone else but some top riders in this league are getting quick engines from somewhere. Better tuners? I have no idea. Riders looking after their engines more careful? No idea.