British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Glasgow 28.07.19

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cracker of a thread this.

Remember the days when cook was banging in maximums for us and he was using a 600cc or the rocket fuel etc good laugh.

Don’t understand the why ayres would be saving himself for the British final he’s not going to do anything.

Maybe not but on his day he is certainly capable of finishing above some of the competition! 

11 hours ago, Paulco said:

It's wrong not to spread the dodgy fuel round the whole team,  must do better guys 

Never mind spreading it around the whole team,its just plain wrong they dont sell it to the other team mid meeting,that simply greedy of the Glasgow riders Paulco:nono:

hope you had a safe drunken trip home!

4 minutes ago, montie said:

Never mind spreading it around the whole team,its just plain wrong they dont sell it to the other team mid meeting,that simply greedy of the Glasgow riders Paulco:nono:

hope you had a safe drunken trip home!

You have a point . Not heading home for a while , got Manchester and Somerset to do first 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

So you accept that such incidents are just sour grapes or excuses by the losing team yet you still have a dig. 

Who’s having a dig?

I was agreeing with paulco and co that this stuff in the fuel etc is all nonsense and was using when Craig got accused of it before he decided to ride for the dark side.

For once I’m not having a go and still I’m having a pop. 

Cheats cheats cheats. Money bags have payed off all the officials, using over sizes engines and nitro. There you go that better. :D

Edited by Mr Blobby

Guest Loose Diamond
9 hours ago, eric i said:

I have been saying all year that its insane having a slick track with the riders Scunny have.  Ok there was a  possibility of rain but It has been slick all year.

Are the riders requesting these track conditions?

Never slick when Newcastle go there!!! Must have changed their track preparation now!? Usually very heavy and quite deep.

28 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Maybe not but on his day he is certainly capable of finishing above some of the competition! 

Not enough to not ride your normal engine or save himself as some were saying.

Guest Loose Diamond
33 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Have you bought a new calculator yet to see if your proposed team change will work    if you need help just ask 

Is it not Mr.Campbell who does this??

34 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Have you bought a new calculator yet to see if your proposed team change will work    if you need help just ask 

Go on then tell us what you’ve heard now, can’t wait as usual.

calm down blobby . take your main jet out of your carb and everything will run nice and calm and not do yer ticker any harm . 

Go on then tell us what you’ve heard now, can’t wait as usual.

What I heard was Lawson out Andersson in but you are  0 - 06  out    :party:

Edited by MANSE

Who’s having a dig?

I was agreeing with paulco and co that this stuff in the fuel etc is all nonsense and was using when Craig got accused of it before he decided to ride for the dark side.

Cheats cheats cheats. Money bags have payed off all the officials, using over sizes engines and nitro. There you go that better. :D

DEEP BREATH and  Relax and——————————-Breath:D

Josh Auty now in British final replacing Robert Lambert. Good luck to Simon and Danny too for tonight's big event

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I remember a similar incident at Newcastle. Peter Carr absolutely flawless that night got his engine checked as the old diamonds were furious. Peter just stood there with a big smile on his face as they checked his engine knowing fine well there was nothing wrong with it.

I remember that night well. Carr who was performing rather well all season, was picked independently by the late Will Hunter, along with Dickie Juul who was not happy. All smiles in the Monarchs camp as if they knew Carr was going to be picked, and therefore was clean on the night. I was a promoter at the time and therefore very close to the happenings. Juul was unhappy to being picked as he got only £50 for the inconvenience but he stated it was going to cost him £400 to get it back to how it was before the checks. Not sure if the engines were taken away and returned to them later. 

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Who’s having a dig?

See I knew you wanted to have a dig and in the end you couldn't resist :D

Edited by SharpenRake

18 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

It might have been a corker of a meeting to what you normally see at Sheffield but for me, irrespective of the result, we threw it away, gifting points to the Glasgow lads in the way we rode the track. The track prep was not normal because of the weather we had & what was predicted pre meeting but it caught us out. What was up with Danny? Thoughts on tomorrow? That was a mare for him but being in the spotlight, giving interviews to put in to print has, maybe, got to him a bit. We needed to stop their lower order getting points but, for some reason, they were getting them. The inside line had the grip, possibly due to the amount of standing water that got in to the track before the water was removed yesterday.

We also heard rumours of possible fuel tampering with probable additives used to get off the gate on a slick track. Whether a complaint has been put in with checks made & retrospective action taken later I am unsure but it did seem evident half way through the meeting when the Tigers got on top. Gating almost 3 metres in front by the 1st bend was evident mid meeting in which the track had not changed or been graded.

track was same for both sides just that glasgow maybe attacked it a bit better.as for the rest of your post, least said the better!