British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

Loved hearing what Tai had to say.  You can see he cares.   The easiest thing for would now to say sod it i will just concentrate on me, and hang GB Speedway.  

Tai wasn’t on BT Sport to ‘smell the roses’ he just told it like it was. If he can pull together 5/6 lads of differing age/potential then let’s see what he can do.  If it does work, then what have we lost?   

Put yourself in Robert Lamberts shoes.  If Tai told you something you would take it onboard.  If Roscoe/ Whoever  told you something different, then who would you listen to ?

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I was a bit uncomfortable watching Tai say those things after Rosco's interview. It's not good to have one of the riders undermining the manager on TV and I think he could have made his points in a more subtle way without saying he didn't like his manager's interview.

The thing is, though, who do GB need more? Rosco or Tai? This competition proved that without Woffinden around GB just fall apart, and he knows it.

No rider is bigger than the team and it wouldn't  bother me if Woffinden never rode for England again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, semion said:

Loved hearing what Tai had to say.  You can see he cares.   The easiest thing for would now to say sod it i will just concentrate on me, and hang GB Speedway.  

Tai wasn’t on BT Sport to ‘smell the roses’ he just told it like it was. If he can pull together 5/6 lads of differing age/potential then let’s see what he can do.  If it does work, then what have we lost?   

Put yourself in Robert Lamberts shoes.  If Tai told you something you would take it onboard.  If Roscoe/ Whoever  told you something different, then who would you listen to ?

What planet have you been on ? Woffy has preety much concentrated on himself and hanged uk speedway .. He snubs the league the uk final and rides in his own land about twice a year .Woffy has always been  about himself and to take pot shots at Rosco when he was in an impossible spot was as low as you could get .

Woffy is one of greatest riders we have ever had but  that does not mean your going to be  a great team person great manager etc .

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, orion said:

What planet have you been on ? Woffy has preety much concentrated on himself and hanged uk speedway .. He snubs the league the uk final and rides in his own land about twice a year .Woffy has always been  about himself and to take pot shots at Rosco when he was in an impossible spot was as low as you could get .

Woffy is one of greatest riders we have ever had but  that does not mean your going to be  a great team person great manager etc .

LAST year's SON?

• Like 1

Listening to Tai it would seem that the reason he doesn’t ride in the UK is because it p155 poor and does nothing to enhance a riders cutting edge ( not to mention sub standard tracks and the financial side).

I agree Tai jacked in the National set-up as he didn’t like the way it was going and 2nd rate treatment of the riders.  Now he seems to fully onboard with the current set-up ( if not the personnel).  

To me, he came across as passionate about what was wrong and what needs to be done.  If that means Rosco being shown the door, then so be it.

There is only one Tai but loads of Rossiters.

• Like 4

I have never always agreed with Alun over the years but he has done alot more RIGHT over a long period than wrong.We have overchieved in recent years as a nation  and with the riders available to him what more can he do.Alun's CV stands up for everyone  to see and the criticism he has received  is brutal and unfair in my view.We have seen it all before Middlo a man i respect greatly took loads of unwarranted stick in his reign so we should give Alun a break.He is passionate he does care and as far as i am concerned he can stay on at Swindon as long as he wants we wont get anyone better.

I would suggest the ‘success’ in recent years has more to do with Tai dragging the other riders along while he was riding as a World no 1, rather that Rosco’s magical words to each rider before they went out for each race. 

It could be suggested that Tai is the inspiration to the riders to up their game while he is riding out of his skin for the cause.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I have never always agreed with Alun over the years but he has done alot more RIGHT over a long period than wrong.We have overchieved in recent years as a nation  and with the riders available to him what more can he do.Alun's CV stands up for everyone  to see and the criticism he has received  is brutal and unfair in my view.We have seen it all before Middlo a man i respect greatly took loads of unwarranted stick in his reign so we should give Alun a break.He is passionate he does care and as far as i am concerned he can stay on at Swindon as long as he wants we wont get anyone better.

Lots of people are passionate and care but its getting major decisions right and that didn't happen.  Not a dig at Bomber but his selection was strange and we had no cover in case of injury or sickness.  That is the important part. Not passion.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Lots of people are passionate and care but its getting major decisions right and that didn't happen.  Not a dig at Bomber but his selection was strange and we had no cover in case of injury or sickness.  That is the important part. Not passion.

Is there anyone better than Chris?? i dont know Lawson is the only other rider i can think of mainly because of his gating.Bewley ok he maybe should not of been in the squad as he had a awkward fall at Peterborough and has just comeback from serious injury but Alun was only thinking of Dan's welfare.

Take the no 1’s out of Aus, Denmark, Sweden, Russia and is there much else to replace them with of that level ?   So losing Tai was the end of it.  Not just what his scoring gave you but what he gets out of the other 2 riders.

Yesterday showed how of a role the Manager has when in the final Poland ( riders) picked 2&4.  Just goes to show it’s the guys on the bike calling the tune not the guy filling in the Programme

Team manager is a totally overrated job in Speedway, the riders dictate on most things.As for International Duty it is probably picking the Team and arranging accommodation.

18 hours ago, TheReturn said:

Just listening to those comments by Tai in the studio, am I right in thinking he doesn't have a lot of time for Rosco as Team GB manager?   

To be fair, everything Tai said made sense to me, and everything Rosco says just sounds utter ridiculous. in fact Rosco seems to have a chip on his shoulders about people (assume he means us fans) moaning.   The reason he gave for not taking Bewley made no sense at all.  

Moving forward for next year, Rosco is not the main to drive Team GB forward, that's clear for us all to see. Tai had a lot of good ideas for the future and we would be stupid to ignore him. So is there any reason why even if he is riding Tai could not have a big say on rider selection with Peter Adams there to manage on the day (they seem to get on well and work together well).

Another example of a promoter being stuck in the bubble and any fans view is instantly played down as rubbish no matter what, what would we know? We are just fans.

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Did he get a wild card or not???? did he qualify on merit or not??  we all get it that he does not like Rossiter but wouldn't it be better if that was kept in house.

I think it probably has been kept in house up to this point.

However there comes a point where you have to speak out if you are not being heard.

Tai needs to be listened to and if that means it upsets the status quo then it’s tough luck.

British Speedway needs one almighty shake up and we have the perfect candidate sitting there willing to lead it. 

So let him do it.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is there anyone better than Chris?? i dont know Lawson is the only other rider i can think of mainly because of his gating.Bewley ok he maybe should not of been in the squad as he had a awkward fall at Peterborough and has just comeback from serious injury but Alun was only thinking of Dan's welfare.

If he was thinking of his welfare he wouldn’t have been in the squad.

Dan ridden in Sweden on the Tuesday after his Peterborough crash and scored a respectable paid 7. 

He is clearly fit and alluded to as much on his twitter timeline and by all accounts, reading between the lines of that tweet, he is not at all happy with Rossiter and his comments.

It was a terrible interview and represented everything that is currently wrong with British Speedway.

His thought train is old fashioned and it’s people like him that need putting out to pasture at this point. He is not fit for the role.

17 minutes ago, acef said:

If he was thinking of his welfare he wouldn’t have been in the squad.

Dan ridden in Sweden on the Tuesday after his Peterborough crash and scored a respectable paid 7. 

He is clearly fit and alluded to as much on his twitter timeline and by all accounts, reading between the lines of that tweet, he is not at all happy with Rossiter and his comments.

It was a terrible interview and represented everything that is currently wrong with British Speedway.

His thought train is old fashioned and it’s people like him that need putting out to pasture at this point. He is not fit for the role.

Riders calling the tune though is not the way to go we know there are mega problems in British speedway that need solving.Is this problem really that important?? in the scheme of thing's  i think not.Also is everyone convinced that Woffinden really cares???  or does he care when it suits him his record in the past suggests there is a doubt in that regard.

• Like 1