Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

43 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

They don't have leagues.  It is a highly relevant question and is about supporting British Speedway - Nicki P has always ridden in the Danish league (I think but don't know for certain, hence the question) but the tracks there are no better than the UK 

Bit unfair imo. I think the level of Danish speedway is fairly good, mainly because they do have some strength in depth, and then add in a few decent foreign riders. I’d say, although I preferred the previous 6 man teams and it is hard to compare 5 man teams to 7, but it is probably a better level than the British level

• Like 1

15 hours ago, orion said:

it's a relevant question and the answer is Tai ..He puts little back into uk speedway when he could have  done so much . it's pretty easy to see  why people have a dig at him 

Woffinden has done a lot for UK speedway.   You choose not to see this.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

How many GP riders ride in the UK bar Doyle who lives in the UK ?

How is that relevant?  When NP was World Champ he lived in the UK but still rode in Denmark.

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Bit unfair imo. I think the level of Danish speedway is fairly good, mainly because they do have some strength in depth, and then add in a few decent foreign riders. I’d say, although I preferred the previous 6 man teams and it is hard to compare 5 man teams to 7, but it is probably a better level than the British level

All a bit subjective I know and I haven't seen enough, only results, to be the best judge but the Danish riders do support it!

3 hours ago, James Carter said:

I'm purely looking at he GB set up for the major meetings.

Tai doesn't need to pull world class riders out if thin air. He needs to motivate and assist what is already there namely Lambert & Beweley. 

Peter Ljung was the highest scoring number 2 rider over 2 days of racing. He's hardly world class. If Lambert could target 7-8-9 points in the SON each day and Woffinden do the rest then GB could easily be making the tapes in heat 22 & 23 

So  you are  looking short  term???? myself i  am looking to the next generation's where do they come from.??? Last year we did well with just Woffinden/Lambert  was Rossiter crap then? This year without Woffinden were you really expecting much we need to get real.Even when Woffinden is fit he also is not unbeatable he needs more than just Lambert for support but who is next in line can you name them.?

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

How is that relevant?  When NP was World Champ he lived in the UK but still rode in Denmark.

How many GP riders ride in the UK

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

How many GP riders ride in the UK

Whoosh! 

26 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Whoosh! 

wet yourself ?  :D

Going by Cookie’s comments on film after last night’s match at Glasgow. He has no intention of giving up second division in GB. Financially a sound idea but not in best interest if if wants to get into and be competitive in foreign tracks at GP level. That’s difference between Fricke and Cookie.

8 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Going by Cookie’s comments on film after last night’s match at Glasgow. He has no intention of giving up second division in GB. Financially a sound idea but not in best interest if if wants to get into and be competitive in foreign tracks at GP level. That’s difference between Fricke and Cookie.

There is also Skill and Technical Ability gap.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

wet yourself ?  :D

Yes laughing too hard. The point I made was about the world champion riding in their own domestic league - naff all to do with GP riders in the UK but you don't appear to understand. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

36 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yes laughing too hard. The point I made was about the world champion riding in their own domestic league - naff all to do with GP riders in the UK but you don't appear to understand. 

I do understand.  That your holding Tai's non show in GB speedway against him but ignore that none of the GP riders want to ride here bar Jason Doyle.  Its 14-1 which must be for a reason. They cant all be wrong.

11 hours ago, TheReturn said:

At least he is honest unlike Hancock who took time off the SWC a couple of years ago with the lame excuse he wanted to give the kids a chance. 

I can not believe people think Rosco should stay.  Nice guy I am sure, but he makes dubious tactical choices, questionable rider selections and his motivational skills are not immediately obvious... not to mention the utter negativity/paranoia of those interviews at the weekend.

No matter what you think of Rosco his record is outstanding at uk level  and as the uk team manager ,, so not why you can't believe people think he should stay it's  pretty clear .

Edited by orion

9 hours ago, Mark said:

Woffinden has done a lot for UK speedway.   You choose not to see this.

Bar the winning the world title for himself and turning up when he feels like for the World cup I can't think of everything ...what are  these others things ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, orion said:

Bar the winning the world title for himself and turning up when he feels like for the World cup I can't think of everything ...what are  these others things ?

He, (along with Rory Schlien and other riders)  has spent many (unpaid) hours in training schools with the youngsters. And has also spent a lot of time on individual coaching with the Thompson twins at Leicester.

• Like 1