British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

I along with the majority of others on this thread have a passion for UK speedway but it doesn't mean anyone has to become more or less involved. I do know that there are obviously selfish motives and why not. Tai wants to win the WC / SON or whatever it is as a rider and have individual & team titls to look back on when he hangs up his kevlars, who can blame him for that. At present there simply isn't a good enough second rider that will guarantee that, Lambert on his day but thats all. Its not a sport where you can come back and have another crack and certainly nobody remembers second place. 

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

So?? ask Scott Nichols if the British title is worth winning.?

I love Scott and his individual British titles are a huge achievement but would he swap them all for one world title?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hey, I'm with you. The British Championship should mean something and I was pleased when they started sending the winner to Cardiff. We could help by introducing the winner on TV and elsewhere as the British Champion. As to why Tai doesn't make the trip and Scott wants to win another one, I think we know that their sights are set on different targets. 

My point about those Wednesdays at Brandon that you refer to, is that riders back then were there to progress in the WC first and to be British Champion second. 

Question related to this thread. But out of interest does Jason Doyle have bikes in UK, Sweden & Poland or is he shipping bikes around Europe as he needs them?

3 minutes ago, James Carter said:

Question related to this thread. But out of interest does Jason Doyle have bikes in UK, Sweden & Poland or is he shipping bikes around Europe as he needs them?

Doyle uses his Polish kit(and mechanics) in Sweden- the same as all the other riders who ride Sweden and Poland. Those who ride UK have kit over here with UK mechanics

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Doyle uses his Polish kit(and mechanics) in Sweden- the same as all the other riders who ride Sweden and Poland. Those who ride UK have kit over here with UK mechanics

I thought that might be the case but it's still a proper trek from Poland to Sweden!!

12 minutes ago, James Carter said:

I thought that might be the case but it's still a proper trek from Poland to Sweden!!

Several ferry lines- some short crossings - other longer.

Stena Line operates 1 route, Gdynia to Karlskrona which runs 3 times daily. TT Line operates 1 route, Swinoujscie to Trelleborg which runs 9 times weekly. Polferries operates 2 routes, Swinoujscie to Ystad runs 19 times per week & Gdansk to Nynashamn about 7 times weekly.

Some of the riders also will do Denmark on Wednesday before returning to Poland.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It just shows the pure unselfishness of Tai.

Giving others the opportunity to win. You don't get that with many sportsmen. :)

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

Hey, I'm with you. The British Championship should mean something and I was pleased when they started sending the winner to Cardiff. We could help by introducing the winner on TV and elsewhere as the British Champion. As to why Tai doesn't make the trip and Scott wants to win another one, I think we know that their sights are set on different targets. 

My point about those Wednesdays at Brandon that you refer to, is that riders back then were there to progress in the WC first and to be British Champion second. 

Good point i loved the old British final, but just think Tai riding would really boost our event and i am not a Tai basher i love to see him ride.

Gotta :rofl:  once again at all those on here having yet another pop at Tai for not riding in the British Final.  This 'opinion' is irrelevant (this year) as he's currently crocked so no point in banging on about it!

What's even more laughable is that the same folk are gutted he couldn't have ridden for Team GB in the SON as he had the very same injury.

Make your minds up people...

Edited by chris4gillian

On 7/29/2019 at 7:47 AM, chris4gillian said:

Gotta :rofl:  once again at all those on here having yet another pop at Tai for not riding in the British Final.  This 'opinion' is irrelevant (this year) as he's currently crocked so no point in banging on about it!

What's even more laughable is that the same folk are gutted he couldn't have ridden for Team GB in the SON as he had the very same injury.

Make your minds up people...

Shut up you girl

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, ArthurRudge said:

Shut up you girl

A perfectly valid point...which you cannot counter argue.  You girl.

Rosco picked Chris Harris.. everything you need to know about how useless he is and how much he shouldn't be GB manager is summed up there.. 

on the British Champion front its a completely pointless meeting these days that very few care about. Its only purpose now is as a qualifier for Cardiff 

37 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Rosco picked Chris Harris.. everything you need to know about how useless he is and how much he shouldn't be GB manager is summed up there.. 

on the British Champion front its a completely pointless meeting these days that very few care about. Its only purpose now is as a qualifier for Cardiff 

Or maybe... Other riders turned down the chance to ride in Russia, having to lose the use of their best equipment for a couple of weeks?

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, phillipsr said:

Crazy statement .. Rosco record is outstanding at club and as team Gb manager the stats don't lie he might have got it wrong about Harris  but hardly anyone better at the time  to be honest .

The last bit it's a contradiction  .. You say it's pointless then point out that it's not pointless as you can get into the biggest speedway meeting of the year