British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

On 7/26/2019 at 12:23 PM, BWitcher said:

It just shows the pure unselfishness of Tai.

Giving others the opportunity to win. You don't get that with many sportsmen. :)

Tai,would not of done this with Lee,Carter, Jessup, Collins Louis, ( etc) he would of been picking up the scraps,

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Tai,would not of done this with Lee,Carter, Jessup, Collins Louis, ( etc) he would of been picking up the scraps,

He'd have wiped the floor with that collection of perennial bottlers and loose cannons :) 

He doesn't compete against part timers with a bike strapped to the back of their car. :)

The sport of speedway has never been more professional at the highest level.

The rest of the world has moved on massively, GB hasn't... Tai excepted.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

He doesn't compete against part timers with a bike strapped to the back of their car. :)

They were lucky to 'ave a car! I used to carry t' bike on back o' t' bicycle! 

Straps? I had t' use stale chewing gum to keep it in t' place...

But we were 'appy in those days...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If ther British Final had riders of that standard in it then it would be more worth Tai riding in it.

The meeting is an event filled with second division riders and is a qualifier for a wild card in a world championship meeting for which Tai has already qualified.  Surely it is better to have a meeting where the winner qualifies, rather than whoever is second.

The meeting itself was better for not having a world champion wiping the floor with everyone.

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Spot on. 

14 hours ago, orion said:

Crazy statement .. Rosco record is outstanding at club and as team Gb manager the stats don't lie he might have got it wrong about Harris  but hardly anyone better at the time  to be honest .

The last bit it's a contradiction  .. You say it's pointless then point out that it's not pointless as you can get into the biggest speedway meeting of the year 

You're right, the stats don't lie, every time Woffy is in the side performances improve dramatically. That has sweet FA to do with Rosco. He doesn't even have to call to exclude Woffy if he wanted to. 

Thanks to Rob Painter and Vicky Blackwell, Rosco is nothing more than a puppet and only has the task of picking 2 riders for the SON & each heat (Woffy picks himself & Rosco still ball's up). The training sessions etc are zero to do with Puppet Rosco. 

12 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're right, the stats don't lie, every time Woffy is in the side performances improve dramatically. That has sweet FA to do with Rosco. He doesn't even have to call to exclude Woffy if he wanted to. 

Thanks to Rob Painter and Vicky Blackwell, Rosco is nothing more than a puppet and only has the task of picking 2 riders for the SON & each heat (Woffy picks himself & Rosco still ball's up). The training sessions etc are zero to do with Puppet Rosco. 

As been said before we came last in the run off with Woffy in the team   before Rosco took over . can't remember getting  2nd or 3rd or getting in  the final then ..it's quite funny when we get beat it's all his fault when we do well it's nothing to do with him .

Of course any sports team who have the best player in the world will  improved it's hardly the stuff of sherlock holmes . The bottom line is even if you don't like him Rosco record is outstanding at club and with team with Gb who coming last in runs off with Woffy in the team before he took over

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

He'd have wiped the floor with that collection of perennial bottlers and loose cannons :) 

The sport of speedway has never been more professional at the highest level.

He never conquered Britain he never was a  top dog in the once toughest league in the world.He rides for himself, Craven,Lee,Collins all above Woffinden in my estimation.A peak Lee beats Woffinden all day long no doubt in my mind that is not taking away anything from what Tai has achieved in the sport.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He never conquered Britain he never was a  top dog in the once toughest league in the world.He rides for himself, Craven,Lee,Collins all above Woffinden in my estimation.A peak Lee beats Woffinden all day long no doubt in my mind that is not taking away anything from what Tai has achieved in the sport.

Nah, he's been a top dog in a much much tougher one. Both the Polish and Swedish leagues have been stronger.. a LOT stronger than the old BL ever was.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Nah, he's been a top dog in a much much tougher one. Both the Polish and Swedish leagues have been stronger.. a LOT stronger than the old BL ever was.

Lee would wipe the floor with him the Lee who beat Carter 4.0 in the helmet would gate and go finished in the first lap.Woffinden is the boy now but Craven, Lee, Collins are better riders end of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Lee would wipe the floor with him the Lee who beat Carter 4.0 in the helmet would gate and go finished in the first lap.Woffinden is the boy now but Craven, Lee, Collins are better riders end of.

Yawn...

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Yawn...

Yawn with you,   you send me to sleep chunky, also are you saying Lee was that inferior to your mate  woffinden ??  cannot wait to hear make it quick  and CLEAR.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yawn with you,   you send me to sleep chunky, also are you saying Lee was that inferior to your mate  woffinden ??  cannot wait to hear make it quick  and CLEAR.

You have an opinion, end of.  Please stop acting like you are the only one qualified to classify every rider in history.

Let me explain this to you.  Lee MAY have been more talented and possessed more potential than any other rider in history,  The fact is that he wasted it.  Temperament, reliability, consistency, achievement, and longevity are all factors in the way people are judged.  Woffinden has Lee well beaten in every department.  THAT is why he is better.

Just saying, "He was better.  End of" means nothing...

• Like 1

Just now, chunky said:

You have an opinion, end of.  Please stop acting like you are the only one qualified to classify every rider in history.

Let me explain this to you.  Lee MAY have been more talented and possessed more potential than any other rider in history,  The fact is that he wasted it.  Temperament, reliability, consistency, achievement, and longevity are all factors in the way people are judged.  Woffinden has Lee well beaten in every department.  THAT is why he is better.

Just saying, "He was better.  End of" means nothing...

Woh don't lose your rattle mate don't cry Chunky, only an OPINION Chunky you are no more Qualified than me yet you believe you are take a chill pill.!!! 

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Woh don't lose your rattle mate don't cry Chunky, only an OPINION Chunky you are no more Qualified than me yet you believe you are take a chill pill.!!! 

I am giving you a detailed explanation as to why I feel Woffinden is better.  You just state that Lee is with nothing to back it up...