British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

I think Josh Auty is better than Woffy and Lee .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

opinion
/əˈpɪnjən/
noun

a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Midland Red has an OPINION that is as worthy as you and Witcher that is fact.

Not really .if someone has better knowledge then it would not be as worthy ..so it's not a fact

Am I missing something here?

MR has seen both and given his opinion that Lee was better than Tai and hes been ripped to shreds because of that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orion said:

Not really .if someone has better knowledge then it would not be as worthy ..so it's not a fact

If you dont respond before the Ipswich home meeting the whole forum will know the truth i will await with interest.As Pinny said MR has seen both riders and is entitled to his opinion and he does not push forward that he is right i imagine it is not really an issue to him.You though should put up or shut up Ipswich at home a pint awaits if you have the guts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orion said:

I think Josh Auty is better than Woffy and Lee .

You are a child pathetic really, you have  shown the forum what you  all about a coward who sits behind his laptop  the forum will remember come the home Ipswich meeting.

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

winning a Gp series is a different disipline than a one off world final that is fact

It is also a fact that a GP series drastically reduces the luck factor. A series requires consistent performances throughout a whole season.

Jerzy Szczakiel became World Champion after completing just six races. I have never claimed that was "luck", because he rode well on the night, but it was a lot easier to win a World Championship by having one good meeting.

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Why dont you lick his b....    while you are at it !!!!! you dont get it also what an arrogant and patronizing remark aimed at Midland Red.

That wasn't just aimed at Midland Red. You're still not getting it!

Everybody has an opinion, that's fine. However, if you want your opinion to stand up against opinions to the contrary, then it is a good idea to use facts to support that opinion. Three World Championships, a silver, a bronze, plus a scintillating near-perfect display in the 2018 SoN Final are what some of us use to support the case for Tai.  Saying, "I saw them both ride" does nothing.

For years, I considered Simmo a better rider than Chris Morton. I saw them both ride many times, and from what I recall, Simmo had achieved more at the highest level. Last year, we were discussing the merits of both, and it was brought to my attention that Mort's achievements were actually superior - by quite a long way. It appears that I was using just the one season - 1976 - to cloud my judgment.

I am grateful that somebody used FACT to support their claims, and PROVE to me that I was, in fact, WRONG. Yes, opinions CAN be wrong, as they cannot trump FACT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are a child pathetic really, you have  shown the forum what you  all about a coward who sits behind his laptop  the forum will remember come the home Ipswich meeting.

I used my  mobile standing up :D

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It was your opinion that I considered Michael Lee an "also-ran". That was clearly an opinion that was WRONG, as there is no fact behind that claim whatsoever.

1 minute ago, orion said:

I used my  mobile standing up :D

That's YOUR opinion!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

It was your opinion that I considered Michael Lee an "also-ran". That was clearly an opinion that was WRONG, as there is no fact behind that claim whatsoever.

Carry on talking to yourself Chunky.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Carry on talking to yourself Chunky.

I might just as well, because we can't get any sense out of you...

You STATED that.  Am I wrong?

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Only those unable to form a coherent argument use this line.

An opinion is as worthy as the reasoning behind it.. Midland Red has given none.