British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

Rosco has left after doing one of the best jobs in recent memory

Who next?

I can see someone like Steady having a go 

Not sure their is any managers with the calibre to take it on

I suppose Pete Adams could job share it and still do Wolves like Rosco has done

Who else is there? Middlo? Please god no not after last time...........Hawkins? ...that would be even more of a problem then having Middlo lol

Struggling to think of anyone else........Garry May?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If i am such a clown why do you reply? you do so because it gives you a element of power it says alot  about you pretty sad really.You sound like a real juvenile a wet behind the ears type, but my reading of you is that you are an imbecile of the highest order.

Judging by your reading of everything Speedway I feel pretty ok with that as you have proved time and time again you have no clue about anything.. Just a sad bitter old man who likes to threaten people from behind a screen, when in reality you would cower behind people, Its quite funny really 

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Rosco has left after doing one of the best jobs in recent memory

Who next?

I can see someone like Steady having a go 

Not sure their is any managers with the calibre to take it on

I suppose Pete Adams could job share it and still do Wolves like Rosco has done

Who else is there? Middlo? Please god no not after last time...........Hawkins? ...that would be even more of a problem then having Middlo lol

Struggling to think of anyone else........Garry May?

Nicholls 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Judging by your reading of everything Speedway I feel pretty ok with that as you have proved time and time again you have no clue about anything.. Just a sad bitter old man who likes to threaten people from behind a screen, when in reality you would cower behind people, Its quite funny really 

Sorry to butt in but I can certainly vouch for Sidneys speedway knowledge even if he perhaps struggles to get his opinion over on here quite how he intends....as for cowering behind people that's as far of the mark as is humanly possible something else i can vouch for but I think it is typical of this often poisonous forum for people to come across quite different to there true being in reality although there are some exceptions that are just as big a c*** in real life as on a screen! 

:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

You've riled up Sidney junior now as well :rofl:

• Haha 1

Okay... Does anyone REALLY know what the role of "Team Manager" entails these days? I know it includes a generic, "be there for the riders, support them, and fight for them" ideal, but what else?

Back in the day, it was the team manager's job to select riders for the World Team Cup, World Pairs, and numerous test matches. Now, we have just one event with three riders, and a couple of subs.

Woffinden is a given. A fit Lambert is a given. Even though I am not a Cook fan, he is pretty much a given. So, we only have to worry about a couple of others, none of whom really stand out above the competition.

Of course, there are the tactical decisions to be made during the meetings, but even then, these are minimal as the riders have their input.

I'm not knocking anyone or anything, but it does seem that a manager's role is far removed from what it used to be. Sad...

Steve

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

as for cowering behind people that's as far of the mark as is humanly possible

You mean he's a crazy, psycho, axe-wielding homicidal maniac??? :t:

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

1 hour ago, JCookie said:

I am quite happy just like Mr Hagonshocker who could hold his own with you shower of s...    Cookie, you are certainly in the weirdo bracket.!!!!!

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

This is coming from the plank that said Auty was only a third leader when last year he was in the top 12 Championship averages.  As far as i am aware he is not third in Scunthorpe's averages this year is he? i feel pretty ok debating with a w....r  like you.!!!!!

• Haha 1

Its been fun I have to be honest and helped what was turning into a pretty boring day... Ill have to be careful though or he will hit me with his frame 

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Its been fun I have to be honest and helped what was turning into a pretty boring day... Ill have to be careful though or he will hit me with his frame 

Says it all about what sort of life you have, probably there now snorting your daily coke !!! W..k.r .

• Haha 2

Whether he would want to do it is a different matter, but I'd like to throw Mark Loram's name out there.

I think looking at the fact that for at least another 5 years Tai will be top dog, so with that in mind Pete Adams does seem the logical choice.

While the GB team is owned by an outside organisation I would think they will be doing the choosing ( or should be ). As someone has already posted the job is hardly an onerous one with speedway as it is. Is a new appointment really necessary? Between those top three riders, they are able to make the tactical decisions themselves.