British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

Ok Chunky,  must confess to not reading every post or indeed every thread;)

7 minutes ago, semion said:

Ok Chunky,  must confess to not reading every post or indeed every thread;)

Trust me, there are enough of those comments that you don't have to read every post or thread!

Plus, did you not see the emoji I used? I don't always like emojis, but I use them if I think anyone may misunderstand my intent...

Steve

Ok Chunks,  I hope you can find it in ya heart to forgive my total lack of care. :rofl:

K R

Steve

Edited by semion

11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

No rider is bigger than the team and it wouldn't  bother me if Woffinden never rode for England again.

Well in my opinion that is an appalling and pathetic comment to make

2 hours ago, semion said:

How many times does GB produce a World Champion, let alone a guy who has won 3 ?   Now you have a guy who wants to take his national Team to a new level.  Do you not all think he should be listened to ?  I would suggest he knows more about reaching the top Speedway  than anyone else. Anyone else care to throw any names into the ring to rival that knowledge ?

How about a Mark Loram to work alongside him ?  Got to be more beneficial to Team GB than a part time lorry Driver who was a very average rider 20 plus years ago

Yet again just because they  are good speedway does not  mean they would any good as a Tm . Chris Morton  was a great rider but one of the worst Team Managers of all time . Hans Nielsen one of the best Riders of all  time has been hopeless with the Danes .

As I said before Tai can bring his knowledge to the team as Captain but  leave the rest to others who have done the job for years .,Unless we get it right at grass root level then no one Tai or Rosco will be bringing anyone to a new level .thou of course we were second last year a fact that has  already been forgotten .

Edited by orion

3 minutes ago, orion said:

.,Unless we get it right at grass root level then no one Tai or Rosco will be bringing anyone to a new level .thou of course we were second last year a fact that already been forgotten .

Can you get any pills to help you?

4 minutes ago, semion said:

Where did I suggest Loram as Team Manager ?

When did I suggest you did ? 

16 hours ago, Paddi said:

Well in my opinion that is an appalling and pathetic comment to make

Why is it appalling, it would not bother me, if he does all good and well and good luck to him  but he is not doing us any favours.Also when was  the last time he rode in a Benevolent fund meeting to showcase his talent.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

12 hours ago, orion said:

.thou of course we were second last year a fact that has  already been forgotten .

THANKS to Tai...

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Why is it appalling, it would not bother me if he does all good and well and good luck to him  but he is not doing us any favours.Also when is the last time he rode in a Benevolent fund meeting to show case his talent.?

YOU could make that argument against several riders

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU could make that argument against several riders

Good point my point is he could of done alot more to help British speedway.

• Like 1

so Cook rode basically both meetings with a broken wrist/arm.

doesn't look so good for Harris does it when Cook was still beating him when we were getting five one'd for fun by the opposition.

19 hours ago, RPNY said:

For all his Passion etc Rosco clearly is not the man for the job. Anyone saying he's done great and over achieved as GB manager are simply lying to themselves. Tai scored over 60% of our points when we came 2nd in 2016 and only dropped a point in 2 days last year. Zero to do with anything Rosco did.  And its not a dig at Rosco it just is what it is.

Bomber being selected this week was clearly a bad choice and really quite sad. He's a 2nd tier heat leader now, that's it. To see a rider so loved by British speedway fans trailing half a lap behind was really sad to see. Again for all his passion and being a good servant to British Speedway and all the usual caveats that come with these situations, he simply isnt good enough for this level and hasn't been for the best part of 5 years now. Cookie going after his performance at the same track in the GP Challenge is understandable, but even tho Im a big fan of his, it seems he just can't cut the mustard at this level. Watching the Danish U21 lad leave us for dead was just about the final straw yesterday. How can we never find the right set up?

So in short, they do need to listen to what Tai (and Lambert) have to say and move on. No team win since 1989 and the only individual success coming from a lad who learnt it all in Aus and any future success resting with a lad who had a big part of his learning curve in Germany is very indicative of just how bad the GB set up is these days

From the outside, Rosco comes across as little more than a tourist on these trips, and the twitter selfies at the venue, on the plane etc., only underline that perception. I understand Woffinden's frustration, he demands the best from himself and those around him. Ivan Mauger was no different. 

Rosco-Woffinden will never, ever work. It is like Ian Holloway managing Cristiano Ronaldo. There are thin pickings around, but if I was to choose someone, it would be Peter Adams - if he had the appetite. He's ticking on, but he's the only one who has the gravitas, experience and record to do the type of job we would all like to be done by the GB team manager.