British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Tatum is far better than Pearson, Quirke is awful

The bloke on Freesport is even worse.

Get the guy who will be the Announcer at Cardiff, don't know his name or someone like Alex Raby - vast improvement on what they have now

Totally agree, except I think Tatum is past his sell-by date.

Need someone new -- an ex-rider who has recent experience of what it is like to ride a bike on today's tracks.

Speedway has changed so much since Tatum was in his pomp.

54 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Totally agree, except I think Tatum is past his sell-by date.

Need someone new -- an ex-rider who has recent experience of what it is like to ride a bike on today's tracks.

Speedway has changed so much since Tatum was in his pomp.

Kelvin would probably improve if divorced from Sir Shoutalot 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Kelvin would probably improve if divorced from Sir Shoutalot 

Very much so!!

• Haha 1

Either Nigel Pearson is now too busy on other sports and his media work in general, or he is merely growing old ( or perhaps is imbibing beyond his safe working limit ) but his professional edge and speedway memory are definitely slipping this season. It could be, of course, that like so many of us he is falling out of love with speedway.

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Either Nigel Pearson is now too busy on other sports and his media work in general, or he is merely growing old ( or perhaps is imbibing beyond his safe working limit ) but his professional edge and speedway memory are definitely slipping this season. It could be, of course, that like so many of us he is falling out of love with speedway.

No need to say more IMO waytogo23!!!

With lot of grumbles about the copy and pasting between all the programmes he does, and his speedway vocabulary very much limited compared to a few years ago, and his seeming fading interest in the Heathens would suggest the fire in the belly for the sport has gone and it's become more of a job with a few european trips thrown in as a perk. That's not criticising him, everyone has to earn a living.

I feel with Tatum he is a speedway man, and still involved behind the scenes and knows what goes on, and does a good job. I think sat next to a passionate speedway fan who is also an accomplished commentator (and doing the job with no wing man, or studio to cut back too) like Dave Goddard would make an ideal pairing worthy of the World Feed and domestic coverage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

23 minutes ago, gustix said:

No need to say more IMO waytogo23!!!

would like to be more specific. It IS NOT with speedway racing as such that  I am falling out of love. An actual race can be and often is extremely thrilling. What I am falling out with is the structure and organisation of British speedway nowadays.

10 minutes ago, gustix said:

would like to be more specific. It IS NOT with speedway racing as such that  I am falling out of love. An actual race can be and often is extremely thrilling. What I am falling out with is the structure and organisation of British speedway nowadays.

Out of interest how many meetings have you been to this year compared to last year, or compared to 2017?

What bit of the structure and organisation of the meetings you've seen this year did you have a problem with?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gustix said:

An actual race can be and often is extremely thrilling.

I agree with that except for the addition of "often". In my experience 1 in 8 to 10 is not often.

5 hours ago, gustix said:

An actual race can be and often is extremely thrilling. 

37 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I agree with that except for the addition of "often". In my experience 1 in 8 to 10 is not often.

Fair comment waytogo28.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:05 AM, HGould said:

Tatum is far better than Pearson, Quirke is awful

The bloke on Freesport is even worse.

Get the guy who will be the Announcer at Cardiff, don't know his name or someone like Alex Raby - vast improvement on what they have now

Everyone entitled to an opinion I suppose but I think your comments are very harsh.

Natalie was writing programme notes for the Aces when she was still at school!  Probably knows more about the sport from the inside than most posters on this site.

Dave Goddard (Swedish match commentary) does a sterling job, especially when you consider he is commentating from a studio in Dublin!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lastword said:

Everyone entitled to an opinion Isuppose but I think your comments are very harsh.

Natalie was writing programme notes for the Aces when she was still at school!  Probably knows more about the sport from the inside than most posters on this site.

Dave Goddard (Swedish match commentary) does a sterling job, especially when you consider he is commentating from a studio in Dublin!  

I agree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I mean, football fans could say speedway supporters are daft for not liking a better sport.

Edited by moxey63