British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Nothing too much wrong with Tatum and Person IMO. Natalie Q is ok too. I would like to see another in the studio alongside Scotty, but naturally that puts the cost up.

Agreed.  And Scotty is great too as he's grown into doing studio comms with Nat, not sure they would get a 3rd in the studio but another rider would be interesting.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU would get very long odds on it not being KT and NP. As previously stated, very highly rated within the industry.

I hope it is

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If tv companies are not prepared to put their hands in their pocket and pay a fair price, then the BSPA should say no thanks and get a streaming service up and running during this winter.

Wasn’t an away meeting streamed for the Somerset fans in the last few days? I recall a Debbie Hancock saying it went very well. The fans were charged £10 a head and it went flawlessly. Think it was streamed to the Oak Tree Arena clubhouse. Perhaps Somerset fans can comment on it.

If the stream goes to only one place for fans to attend it would very very limiting. Fans would want to watch from the comfort of their own sofa. Pay a tenner, open a beer and watch your team away from home. Not difficult to achieve and revenues could be large. 1000 fans is £10,000 which wouldn’t have been there. A 30 mile ban around the home track to not affect home attendance. IP monitoring (very easy) so that a stream is not shared. Block international customers to make sure one doesn’t live stream it on Youtube.

Far better than giving it to Eurosport IMO.

Agree with this, me and mrs are season ticket holders at Sheffield Steelers but cant get to many away games but like tonight we are away at Coventry and have just bought the stream for £12, it is just brilliant and Speedway bosses really need to look at doing this sort of thing. If I could buy a stream to watch Sheffield away from home then I would do it as travelling hours on a week night is just not possible with work etc

Time for the whole sport to wake up and create revenue steams instead of begging BT, Sky, Eurosport to give them very little money to show not many meetings.

• Thanks 1

BT are good with their coverage when it is actually on. My problem is with this every other week lark. And even more so when they ditched a meeting that had already been advertised. Nigel, Kelvin, Brando and Nat are really good. The woman on the GP is awful. My wife says she has seen her on something else. But better than them is Dave Goddard. You can tell he is a real fan. Get him on whoever gets the new deal.

• Like 1

Best hurry up while there are some track still open lol

• Like 2

I believe Sudden Sam tried to say “very much so” tonight in the under 21 meeting, but it came out as “very so” :rofl:

Actually, overall tonight he wasn’t bad, and Dave Rowe was excellent 

35 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

I believe Sudden Sam tried to say “very much so” tonight in the under 21 meeting, but it came out as “very so” :rofl:

Actually, overall tonight he wasn’t bad, and Dave Rowe was excellent 

Revy chum so...

• Haha 1

Can clubs really do a proper live stream with all its complexities? Need a lot of £10 to make it pay.

22 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Can clubs really do a proper live stream with all its complexities? Need a lot of £10 to make it pay.

If that is the way it goes i would just pay to see BV meetings. Could not afford anymore.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, craigACE said:

If that is the way it goes i would just pay to see BV meetings. Could not afford anymore.

Probably the only ones worth watching anyway.

The English Football League have a system called ifollow. https://www.efl.com/iFollow

Choose your team, choose the match, then pay £2.50 for a audio stream or £10 for a video stream. 

Speedway could easily follow this format and make far more money that BT pay for the privilege. It’s clear being on TV doesn’t increase attendances, whether the cameras are there or not.

Streaming with local geoblocking is the way to go. A 2 camera setup needs three people at a meeting. Very easy to do.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The English Football League have a system called ifollow. https://www.efl.com/iFollow

Choose your team, choose the match, then pay £2.50 for a audio stream or £10 for a video stream. 

Speedway could easily follow this format and make far more money that BT pay for the privilege. It’s clear being on TV doesn’t increase attendances, whether the cameras are there or not.

Streaming with local geoblocking is the way to go. A 2 camera setup needs three people at a meeting. Very easy to do.

Give it a go Steve !!!!

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

Give it a go Steve !!!!

I think Poole's new co-promoters are very much on the case!!!  No doubt there are at least one or two others also.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, craigACE said:

BT are good with their coverage when it is actually on. My problem is with this every other week lark. And even more so when they ditched a meeting that had already been advertised. Nigel, Kelvin, Brando and Nat are really good. The woman on the GP is awful. My wife says she has seen her on something else. But better than them is Dave Goddard. You can tell he is a real fan. Get him on whoever gets the new deal.

natalie is good,so was suzy perry, the girl at the gp,s is awful

• Like 1

Clean-Cut Sports have been looking to do this for years but understand that the BSPA were not to keen. Away support is non existent in the sport for the most part so I doubt that this would effect attendance figures too greatly. If clubs did monthly subscriptions - featuring interviews , features and meetings can only see it being neneficial to the sport. Would be interesting to see how UK Ice Hockey attendances are - as a number of matches are streamed.