British Speedway Forum

Plusnet is also part of the BT/EE group, couple years ago now I took advantage of Plusnet good value for telephone/broadband package and got BT Sport package for £10 per month. Was a monthly contract, so just did the GP season. £10 per month to watch, usually, 2 GP’s was good value. 

However bband in my area then was a max of 1.2 mbps, dreadfully slow, and that was no matter who the provider was (Virgin cable non existent in the area). Then Openreach started putting in, to my shock but delight, fast fibre and to the door. When I enquired how fast, I was asked how fast do you want. Keeping cost reasonable I selected 52mbps, but since then it’s been bumped up to 72mbps, and I do get that figure (I done the bband speed test). I get the BT Sport app, so got access on my iPad and iPhone, but have a BTTv box so I can record the GP’s for winter watching.  Just had a week away in a lovely apartment on Anglesey, 50” tv in the lounge (40” in the kitchen), but just access to Freeview.  No problem, just connected to wi-fi, got BT Sport app on iPad, took my Chrome Cast with me, cast to the TV through HDMI and saw Cardiff GP on the Sat, all of MotoGP, 2, 3 on the Sunday, Poole v Ipswich on the Thursday. Brilliant. 

I just hope BT cart on with the speedway contract, Eurosport don’t seem committed to showing complete speedway marches, which is very annoying.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Plusnet is also part of the BT/EE group, couple years ago now I took advantage of Plusnet good value for telephone/broadband package and got BT Sport package for £10 per month. Was a monthly contract, so just did the GP season. £10 per month to watch, usually, 2 GP’s was good value. 

However bband in my area then was a max of 1.2 mbps, dreadfully slow, and that was no matter who the provider was (Virgin cable non existent in the area). Then Openreach started putting in, to my shock but delight, fast fibre and to the door. When I enquired how fast, I was asked how fast do you want. Keeping cost reasonable I selected 52mbps, but since then it’s been bumped up to 72mbps, and I do get that figure (I done the bband speed test). I get the BT Sport app, so got access on my iPad and iPhone, but have a BTTv box so I can record the GP’s for winter watching.  Just had a week away in a lovely apartment on Anglesey, 50” tv in the lounge (40” in the kitchen), but just access to Freeview.  No problem, just connected to wi-fi, got BT Sport app on iPad, took my Chrome Cast with me, cast to the TV through HDMI and saw Cardiff GP on the Sat, all of MotoGP, 2, 3 on the Sunday, Poole v Ipswich on the Thursday. Brilliant. 

I just hope BT cart on with the speedway contract, Eurosport don’t seem committed to showing complete speedway marches, which is very annoying.

Only at weekends when they have loads of other live sports that are considered more popular.  They must see something in midweek British Premiership speedway to outbid BT for the contract!!

Disappointed really, would prefer BT I have enjoyed their coverage, but more of it would have been good.

20 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Is all this speculation or is there a press release I ve missed?

All unconfirmed speculation but from several credible sources. No announcement until AGM and the BT Sport contract is finished I imagine.

So, does. BT have two different contracts ending at different times.   One with BSI ending end 2021 and one with BSPromotors ending soon.?.

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

So, does. BT have two different contracts ending at different times.   One with BSI ending end 2021 and one with BSPromotors ending soon.?.

Yes- got it in one !!!

Perhaps BT want to get rid of all Speedway as starting in January they will take over WWE Wrestling.So perhaps they need to make changes as the contract is supposed to be costing them £2,5 billion.  that is correct billions not millions and it's not even a sport

• Like 1

I had any interesting catch up with an ex colleague at the weekend who is now at BT and we was discussing Speedway and he advised of a couple of interesting things that BT were very happy with what they got and especially the viewing figures this year.

Also he asked if I knew whether the deal has been signed with Eurosport as BT have just appointed a new head of media rights whom was non too happy that BT were losing Speedway so could be interesting times 

2 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I had any interesting catch up with an ex colleague at the weekend who is now at BT and we was discussing Speedway and he advised of a couple of interesting things that BT were very happy with what they got and especially the viewing figures this year.

Also he asked if I knew whether the deal has been signed with Eurosport as BT have just appointed a new head of media rights whom was non too happy that BT were losing Speedway so could be interesting times 

Does sound very interesting indeed. The word crops up 3 times, so I am interested in the interesting development. Very

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Does sound very interesting indeed. The word crops up 3 times, so I am interested in the interesting development. Very

BT only want to cover speedway as it currently costs them pennies due to the B.S.P.A.'s incompetence in dealing with TV rights. This has to change and it was discussed at the A.G.M. last winter about going to a ' streaming ' channel with a committee set up to look into it.

Pubicly nothing appears to have been progressed. BT will still want the coverage for nothing , or the peanuts they paid this year, certainly no where near the 1.2 million Sky paid.

As speedway has no bargaining power ( i.e. BT has no opposition wanting to televise the sport ) it's anyone's guess where the B.S.P.A. intends to go next.

25 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

BT only want to cover speedway as it currently costs them pennies due to the B.S.P.A.'s incompetence in dealing with TV rights. This has to change and it was discussed at the A.G.M. last winter about going to a ' streaming ' channel with a committee set up to look into it.

Pubicly nothing appears to have been progressed. BT will still want the coverage for nothing , or the peanuts they paid this year, certainly no where near the 1.2 million Sky paid.

As speedway has no bargaining power ( i.e. BT has no opposition wanting to televise the sport ) it's anyone's guess where the B.S.P.A. intends to go next.

YOU cannot say that BT has no opposition when Eurosport are in the frame...

Unsubstantiated rumours  I have heard, suggest TV  will be with Eurosport who are content with 7 teams.  If this is true it may influence the decision as to which league some teams decide to race in.

3 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

I hope it goes back to Eurosport, i can kick BT Sport into touch then and save a few quid. :)

How can it go "back" to someone when they have never had it in the 1st place ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

How can it go "back" to someone when they have never had it in the 1st place ?

Not read any of Crumpets posts before? Par for the course.....