British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

They had the GP's so thought the term 'TV deal' was a general term.

Which was a programme produced and filmed for them(and others) by BSI. Slightly different to a contract to show domestic British Speedway.

49 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU cannot say that BT has no opposition when Eurosport are in the frame...

There has been no official approach by Eurosport as yet. Until that happens BT has no opposition.

Bearing in mind the low fee BT paid , Eurosport , if interested, won't be offering much more and what will there be to televise?

A Buster Chapman sponsored Premier Division???

Well I hope it stays with BT, they’ve done a decent enough job. Can’t see that the cost thing is massively significant, it’s not as though British Speedway did a magnificent job investing the Sky money, would you trust the current committee to do any better?

Anyway, I also watch the GP’s and all of the Moto GPs so quite happy to have them all in one place.

• Like 1

My worry with Eurosport getting UK league racing is that we could be taking a step backwards in coverage. This year the coverage has been very good UHD pictures,strong presentation and well produced. BT have also been very accommodating with showing play offs on alternative dates than planned. Eurosport actually are host broadcaster for very little sport they buy in coverage like the GPs from IMG

With the Olympics in 2020 I can see Speedway getting bumped often and as their core sports of Cycling,Snooker and athletics will always come first. I understand that Eurosport have dangled the carrot of pan Europe coverage but I am not convinced there will be that much interest from other countries and I cannot foresee there being large increases in overseas sponsorship.

If I was asked to give my professional advice to BSPA I would accept at lesser bid from BT as feel they can showcase the sport better and I feel the sport does owe them some loyalty as it was BT that gave it a platform when they made a mess of the Sky deal

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, flagrag said:

My worry with Eurosport getting UK league racing is that we could be taking a step backwards in coverage. This year the coverage has been very good UHD pictures,strong presentation and well produced. BT have also been very accommodating with showing play offs on alternative dates than planned. Eurosport actually are host broadcaster for very little sport they buy in coverage like the GPs from IMG

With the Olympics in 2020 I can see Speedway getting bumped often and as their core sports of Cycling,Snooker and athletics will always come first. I understand that Eurosport have dangled the carrot of pan Europe coverage but I am not convinced there will be that much interest from other countries and I cannot foresee there being large increases in overseas sponsorship.

If I was asked to give my professional advice to BSPA I would accept at lesser bid from BT as feel they can showcase the sport better and I feel the sport does owe them some loyalty as it was BT that gave it a platform when they made a mess of the Sky deal

If i was asked to give my un-professional advice to BT it would be let Eurosport have the British Premiership and in addition to the GP`s and SON meetings do a deal with the Extraleague for 1 Friday/1 Sunday match + play-offs(about 18 matches and then do a deal with the Swedish Elitserien to show 1 Tuesday/ 1 Thursday + play-offs(about 20 matches)

They would end up the whole of top Speedway 

The BSPA have a great capacity for making a right ruddy hames of everything , then blaming someone else

Racers and royals That would be good but honestly do not see that happening especially with Poland unless PZN change their view of having the coverage officially available in the UK.

I do wonder why the viewing figures are so much better for the GPs and Speedway world on BT than when Eurosport had it last, it’s down to commitment with proper modern studio presentation and not knowing whether it would be on TV or whether the Tennis had over run or they had changed to another sport 

Edited by flagrag

49 minutes ago, flagrag said:

BT Sport also have no problem binning Premiership speedway matches that are in their schedule at a moments notice.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

If i was asked to give my un-professional advice to BT it would be let Eurosport have the British Premiership and in addition to the GP`s and SON meetings do a deal with the Extraleague for 1 Friday/1 Sunday match + play-offs(about 18 matches and then do a deal with the Swedish Elitserien to show 1 Tuesday/ 1 Thursday + play-offs(about 20 matches)

They would end up the whole of top Speedway 

What a good idea. Then nobody would need to go the tracks to watch live Speedway

Iwright71- Can you please remind me which match this season that BT have bumped off their channels to show something else ? The only thing I am aware of was a meeting a few weeks ago which was to be televised but then the home promotion asked for it not to be shown

13 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

There has been no official approach by Eurosport as yet. Until that happens BT has no opposition.

Bearing in mind the low fee BT paid , Eurosport , if interested, won't be offering much more and what will there be to televise?

A Buster Chapman sponsored Premier Division???

WRONG...

15 hours ago, racers and royals said:

How can it go "back" to someone when they have never had it in the 1st place ?

I'd love Screensport to bid for it.

• Like 1