British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

The same reason Chinese companies sponsor PL Football

They do don't they... Mr Terry Russell :rofl:

TERRY hasn't been involved for a while. And how do you know they don't?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOUBT that, most aren't even doing Sweden next year. Some riders in Poland rumoured to be on over two grand a point plus six figure signing on fees.

Wasn't it rumoured a couple of years ago that a club got over £20k to let 'their rider' miss a meeting on a Sunday to ride in Poland?

If true, that suggests serious, serious money is coming in to Polish Speedway which will inevitably get reflected in salaries..

When TV and Radio Companies out do each other for rights to broadcast your product, then that suggests you have got a very solid operational and marketable model that is very much in demand..

14 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Fogo and Cash broker(Gorzow main sponsor) are both British companies.

Fogo is a Polish generator manufacturer from near Leszno.    Cash Broker is a Polish currency broker from Poznan  :blink:

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

TERRY hasn't been involved for a while. And how do you know they don't?

Surely it shouldn't be a state secret to let the public know? If they are I suggest they change them. 

8 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

Fogo is a Polish generator manufacturer from near Leszno.    Cash Broker is a Polish currency broker from Poznan  :blink:

Thank you. I'm sure they'll both be fascinated by UK opportunities being opened up. 

Of course they would be looking for any sponsorship to be seen by their Polish audience but I fear that an inferior version of league speedway is unlikely to see them rushing in, cheque books in hand.

No it's not a matter of being unfairly cynical but if Polish sponsorship IS being considered as a key aspect of a deal with Eurosport then someone is advising the BSPA very poorly. 

Still, we will see what we see and as usual in speedway you have to stand back and let them diug their corporate grave - and try not to become totally taken over by morbid fascination. 

It's about four guys having a race and two teams having a match. Shame about the rest - oh and the monumental egos.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Thank you.

<irrelevant content snipped>

Not sure what all that's got to do with the price of fish.

I was simply pointing out that Fogo and Cash Broker were Polish companies,since a poster mistakenly thought they were British companies.

4 hours ago, CottonOn said:

Not sure what all that's got to do with the price of fish.

I was simply pointing out that Fogo and Cash Broker were Polish companies,since a poster mistakenly thought they were British companies.

Try reading it properly rather than rudely rejecting it. Sorry if I didn't make it simple enough for you. 

I tried to point out that they are unlikely to be interested in the UK market. Will that do?
I still thank you for clarifying their status. Pity about your follow-up but this is the BSF and you sadly do have to expect such behaviour....

Edited by RobMcCaffery

10 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Try reading it properly rather than rudely rejecting it. Sorry if I didn't make it simple enough for you. 

I tried to point out that they are unlikely to be interested in the UK market. Will that do?
I still thank you for clarifying their status. Pity about your follow-up but this is the BSF and you sadly do have to expect such behaviour....

The point was that they are POLISH companies not UK companies as the previous poster mistakenly thought.    He thought they might be interested in the UK if they were UK companies. (which they're not). 

No one is suggesting Polish companies are interested in the UK market.

Doubt anyone knows what a company will sponsor. Fogo are a 'rapidly expanding company'....all sorts of strange things happen. Weren't Gorzow sponsored by an Austrian company, Strabag ? Don't think they have been involved in speedway in Austria. Same as german company Vailant having been involved in Danish speedway, but haven't noticed them involved in speedway in Germany... 

5 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Thank you. I'm sure they'll both be fascinated by UK opportunities being opened up. 

Of course they would be looking for any sponsorship to be seen by their Polish audience but I fear that an inferior version of league speedway is unlikely to see them rushing in, cheque books in hand.

No it's not a matter of being unfairly cynical but if Polish sponsorship IS being considered as a key aspect of a deal with Eurosport then someone is advising the BSPA very poorly. 

Still, we will see what we see and as usual in speedway you have to stand back and let them diug their corporate grave - and try not to become totally taken over by morbid fascination. 

It's about four guys having a race and two teams having a match. Shame about the rest - oh and the monumental egos.....

I do lurve an ironic post!!:D

• Like 3

No disrespect but Poles are highly unlikely to tune in to Eurosports possible UK coverage in great numbers given the amount of top level Speedway they get bombarded with each week, so I don't see how Polish companies will see a positive brand message for themselves by attaching their businesses to UK Speedway..

Bomber Harris v Charles Wright (for example) might mean something to us British fans but won't I would suggest inspire too many Poles to look in on match night..

I would think that Eurosports coverage in Poland would get a similar following like the saturated football coverage does over here for non league football..

eg Torquay v Chorley will get watched as you flick through for a while if nothing else is on, but not many other than the fans of those two teams will watch the whole match with any degree of interest as non league football is dwarfed by the Premiership and Champions League saturation..

And, as quoted often, the scheduling and production of Eurosport is often a shambles at times..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

No disrespect but Poles are highly unlikely to tune in to Eurosports possible UK coverage in great numbers given the amount of top level Speedway they get bombarded with each week, so I don't see how Polish companies will see a positive brand message for themselves by attaching their businesses to UK Speedway..

Bomber Harris v Charles Wright (for example) might mean something to us British fans but won't I would suggest inspire too many Poles to look in on match night..

I would think that Eurosports coverage in Poland would get a similar following like the saturated football coverage does over here for non league football..

eg Torquay v Chorley will get watched as you flick through for a while if nothing else is on, but not many other than the fans of those two teams will watch the whole match with any degree of interest as non league football is dwarfed by the Premiership and Champions League saturation..

And, as quoted often, the scheduling and production of Eurosport is often a shambles at times..

Sportowe Fakty regularly run a fan poll to choose which Swedish Elitserien match should be shown on their website. Dackarna are usually the choice, where available. 

Dackarna track Maciej Janowski, Patryk Dudek, Piotr Pawlicki and Kacper Gomolski plus three Swedes. I think that supports Mike's view on what attracts Polish neutral viewers.......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iris123 said:

Doubt anyone knows what a company will sponsor. Fogo are a 'rapidly expanding company'....all sorts of strange things happen. Weren't Gorzow sponsored by an Austrian company, Strabag ? Don't think they have been involved in speedway in Austria. Same as german company Vailant having been involved in Danish speedway, but haven't noticed them involved in speedway in Germany... 

Agree Fogo are rapidly expanding but not really interested in the UK, as it’s predominantly a ‘stand by’ market. They have a UK Distributor but it’s very low volume. The real business is prime power and Aftermarket / Service territory . The majority of UK Genset manufacturers also focus on export. 

• Like 2

I just hope that who ever shows speedway in 2020 gets rid of Pearson  

• Like 3