British Speedway Forum

I would prefer the more raw type of footage you get with premiere sports showing of the Elitesiren, minimal hype just show the action and have the basic commentary, if there was an option for switching off the comms on sky and by sport I would, not that I always hate that, just that I prefer to listen to the raw sounds of the bikes and atmospherics.

14 hours ago, Buttons said:

Well lets hope not

THAT'S  unfair given that the company that handled the production this year did so on a fraction of the budget Sky would have employed.

I really cannot understand why so many experts on broadcasting and running a Speedway are all in the same place at the same time surely you should be running your businesses not pratting about on a forum!!!!!

Unless you understand broadcasting rights, licensing and the differences between: a production company, a primary, secondary and tertiary rights holder, news rights or a broadcaster then all of this has no validity in my opinion. Philip Rising has tried to give some informed pointers but deaf ears and stoney ground spring to mind !

So frustrating.

• Like 3

So the news is now official.

A 5 year deal with Eurosports.

I would assume Pearson, Tatum, Quirk, Brandon etc will move with it, and the programme won't be much different?    Eurosports have already got a fair bit of other motorsports, so I guess we'll fit in OK with their regular fare.

I think the bg plus is that they're also opening up highlights to a free-to-air audience via Quest.    Presume the highlights will just be the live footage rebroadcast with the gaps in between races chopped out, but I'd like to think the possibility exists for Quest to actually turn it into a real highlights programme within the 5 years.      I've always thought a compact highlights programme would be a better way to present the sport to newbies.

No idea on the money (but then I had no idea on the money from Sky's latter years or BT's contract).  Hope there is money, or the chance to renegotiate, otherwise 2025 is a long time to wait for the next chance to do a deal.

Overall though I think this is positive news.  The BSPA now need to get their act together and not mess it up again.

• Haha 1

18 rounds in the Premiership? Will there be 10 sides?

Otherwise, I'm interested to see what impact speedway being on free to air TV will have, even if just highlights.

Edited by JCookie

I am sure a lot of Championship clubs will be keen to see the smallprint on:

'Full digital rights across all platforms' 

Will they be handcuffed as has happened with previous deals. 

Edited by Fingersfin

Really hoped they would also take the GP’s, so I could cancel BT Sport. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, iainb said:

I have watched Eurosport recently, I watched the highlights of a SEC that I missed live... and their idea of highlights were to just show the last hour again as live, so from heat 17 or something. Eurosport always have been and still are a joke of a channel

Don’t agree.

If they do for speedway what they’ve done for cycling they will be brilliant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Don’t agree.

If they do for speedway what they’ve done for cycling they will be brilliant.

And Eurosport Player for your iPad is only £39.99 for the year.

Edited by DC2

I hope Dave Rowe keeps the commentating Gig for Eurosport.  However, Sudden Sam is not the answer as a co presenter.

• Like 3