British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Lambert averages far more than 3.5 at Lynn. 

4.76 at home

29 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

4.76 at home

But he's away tonight:rolleyes::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

And up against Kerr and Porsing who should not drop points to the likes of Lambo

3 hours ago, semion said:

Yet Webbo you still go.  Must be like going to the Cinema to watch the same film time and time again, knowing you didn’t enjoy it the first time.;)  I don’t blame Buster, more the fans who pay £20 knowing full well they ain’t gonna enjoy it.

Send me ya £20. I’ll flush it down the loo for you.  Least it will save you a few quid on fuel. 

That’s sums up the exact reason we stopped going for the two of us with travel cost it was £45 - £50 a meeting we used to walk to the car after the meeting and most meetings we asked why did we attend neither of us enjoyed most meetings so we stopped going that was 2 years ago and to be honest we’ve not missed it in the slightest- Now we get home from work have a meal watch tv and relax rather than rushing home from work chasing to Kings Lynn to pay out on something we for most part we wasn’t enjoying . 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Haza said:

That’s sums up the exact reason we stopped going for the two of us with travel cost it was £45 - £50 a meeting we used to walk to the car after the meeting and most meetings we asked why did we attend neither of us enjoyed most meetings so we stopped going that was 2 years ago and to be honest we’ve not missed it in the slightest- Now we get home from work have a meal watch tv and relax rather than rushing home from work chasing to Kings Lynn to pay out on something we for most part we wasn’t enjoying . 

That is a shame but understandable, I would not go to Swindon Speedway if he was the owner.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

4 hours ago, semion said:

And up against Kerr and Porsing who should not drop points to the likes of Lambo

If Simon gates well tonight he’ll get a hatful and beat most of the Lynn riders. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Very much the same for me although I go from time to time ( once so far this season ). So little VFM, so few races worthy of the name. Long drawn-out process with too much paint drying time. Was going tonight but my friend from Peterborough decided that the heat would not make the journey nor the racing worthwhile ( in fact from near Kettering ). So sunned off! He is coming for a playoff match - if of course.......like so many I do not miss it much when I do not attend. Thursday usually means Swedish speedway and with them not having a heatwave, it might be worth watching. When you think I retired to KL in 2002 mostly because I would be near a speedway track, the lustre has definitely worn off.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Haza said:

Same here. Now I'm retired we have to watch costs, and living south of Norwich the total cost for myself and my wife, with fuel, admission and a couple of programmes is £60 per meeting. I can't say the racing was very entertaining on our last few visits, so we stopped going, as we felt it was poor value for that amount of money for us.  I still class myself as a fan, and follow everything that goes on, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to motivate myself to do that 100 mile round trip. I don't know if its just us, or if other fans feel the same way?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Same here. Now I'm retired we have to watch costs, and living south of Norwich the total cost for myself and my wife, with fuel, admission and a couple of programmes is £60 per meeting. I can't say the racing was very entertaining on our last few visits, so we stopped going, as we felt it was poor value for that amount of money for us.  I still class myself as a fan, and follow everything that goes on, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to motivate myself to do that 100 mile round trip. I don't know if its just us, or if other fans feel the same way?

There's a real link running through several of the most recent posts isn't there..?

The Sport really doesn't need to (forlornly as it works out) chase new fans.

It just needs to get back those who gradually became completely disillusioned with it, and disengaged by it..

I would suggest if would more than double it's current weekly average such are the amount of people who have stopped attending in the past ten years or so but still keep 'in touch' with it..

A strange business decision isn't it to completly ignore those who still feel a connection to you, and decide not to make the changes to your operation that they highlight as being inherently flawed..?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bunce said:

I can understand exactly what you are saying. I have been to one meeting in the last two years, having been a regular attender (including a number of away visits), for many years. I first started going to speedway in the early sixties at the Firs, but that's another story. There are a lot of reasons why i no longer go with the value for money aspect being one of them. I was finding it increasingly difficult to continue an empathy with the team and the riders with things like doubling up, guests, ever increasing rider replacement being so prevalent. British speedway seems to be at the bottom of the importance list for most riders,. i.e. the fourth division. I find it very difficult to get excited about it although I do still monitor what goes on. Also, what other sport would allow one person to own three of the seven clubs in the top league? Absolutely ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Same for me, moved out to The Broads and now can’t really be assed to take the 3 hour round trip to watch the ‘entertainment’ on offer.  There was a time I would have gone watched every week without fail.

Times and attitudes change.

• Like 1

Can't for the life of me work out why ' fans '(?) who haven't been to a meeting in two years are actually on this forum?

It appears Kings Lynn have more of them than anybody.

whilst I fully understand the lack of interest if you are unfortunate enough to live near a track that doesn't provide value for money or even decent racing but why constantly go on this forum? Especially after two years???

I no longer have a local track so travel to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick , Belle Vue and Redcar to get my fix and whilst one or two of these tracks do not provide great racing week in , week out, I still have the desire so pick and choose which fixtures to attend and therefore get my ' value for money ' fix.

If you don't go to meetings, there'll be no meetings !

Ask Workington fans!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bunce said:

No definitely no just you our round trip is 40 miles  - I no several fans  that have stopped going for various reason cost being one long drawn out meetings being another when working the next day poor value for money is another gate and go racing , we watch on tv and from what I’ve seen it certainly doesn’t make us want to return apart from the Belle Vue meetings on tv the rest have been a bore fest . 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Can't for the life of me work out why ' fans '(?) who haven't been to a meeting in two years are actually on this forum?

It appears Kings Lynn have more of them than anybody.

whilst I fully understand the lack of interest if you are unfortunate enough to live near a track that doesn't provide value for money or even decent racing but why constantly go on this forum? Especially after two years???

I no longer have a local track so travel to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick , Belle Vue and Redcar to get my fix and whilst one or two of these tracks do not provide great racing week in , week out, I still have the desire so pick and choose which fixtures to attend and therefore get my ' value for money ' fix.

If you don't go to meetings, there'll be no meetings !

Ask Workington fans!!!

I follow what goes on at the club and in speedway in general what is wrong with that ? I’m not saying I will never go again it’s just not for me at the moment .