British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

59 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Some guests I will stick up for. Chris Harris on Monday must have been fatigued after the trip to Russia so he gets a pass. Josh Grajczonek was probably the only rider we could have booked to guest tonight with 6 teams racing. However the bookings of Erik Riss, Lewis Kerr & Simon Lambert is an utter p155 take. 

Could of booked Ricky Wells or Rasmus Jensen on Monday amongst others. Nico Covatti could've been booked tonight. I know i'm going to get reply's saying how do you know Buster didn't try and get those riders but please just be honest look at the pattern emerging it's no coincidence that every time we need a guest it just so happens to be a King's Lynn rider from this season.

I don't see people moaning about a terrible showing from a good guest in Josh, who wasn't cheap . But slagging Buster for Simon.

31 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

Dedicated supporters who have been going for years suddenly stop going! Ever asked yourself why?

I can answer that. I was told on here by an ex promoter when I stopped going after following the sport world-wide for forty years, that I was never a speedway fan in the first place.

1 minute ago, PE7Panther said:

If it is 'peanuts' why were Bluster & Co so desperate to get the contractual minimum 7 teams into the top league, no matter what it took? 

Anyway, I'd be surprised if BT Sport are as keen next time around.  

Trying desperately to promote the sport. Rumorus say £3k to home meetings. Hardley covers gate loses.

• Like 1

That may be , but if the product poor as it  seems, slow, poor quality racing no wonder going down, he needs to get the presentation & product better & then he might have a chance

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Icicle said:

That may be , but if the product poor as it  seems, slow, poor quality racing no wonder going down, he needs to get the presentation & product better & then he might have a chance

The other 4 are doing a top job then ?

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't see people moaning about a terrible showing from a good guest in Josh, who wasn't cheap . But slagging Buster for Simon.

Apparently took no money for his efforts tonight .......

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mrss said:

Another poor meeting tonight. Two overtakes on a quick track. Too many restarts caused by referee holding the tapes down too long. Too much whinging by Panthers riders about track conditions. The only positive is the Stars got all the league points.

There were no positives,      Points are of no importance if the perception of the whole night was poor.   All it will have done is question the sanity of us  fans who turned up and paid to watch .

I was there last night .Very poor crowd for a local derby which turned out to be boring . if I hadn't met up with the usual friends I would most probably have left at the interval.No atmosphere , crap track, terrible racing. Good to see Ty back on form though.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

At least we now know what a "hat full" of points means = as scored by Simon Lambert. 

As you well know I said if he gates, as few (no?) Lynn riders would have passed him. He obviously didn’t so no points. 

7 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

It's the race times that count and not the racing. That's the way Buster looks at it anyway. 

It’s stock cars that count and not speedway, not sure the race times are of any relevance. Cars completely dictate the surface nowadays. 

Edited by Bagpuss
Cars not cats!

43 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As you well know I said if he gates, as few (no?) Lynn riders would have passed him. He obviously didn’t so no points. 

It’s stock cars that count and not speedway, not sure the race times are of any relevance. Cars completely dictate the surface nowadays. 

Absolutely right - AFA is now a stock car stadium first and foremost- speedway is secondary and id guess sometimes an inconvenience- Some can kid themselves that isn’t the case but sadly they are wrong . 

46 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

I was there last night .Very poor crowd for a local derby which turned out to be boring . if I hadn't met up with the usual friends I would most probably have left at the interval.No atmosphere , crap track, terrible racing. Good to see Ty back on form though.

49 minutes ago, g13webb said:

There were no positives,      Points are of no importance if the perception of the whole night was poor.   All it will have done is question the sanity of us  fans who turned up and paid to watch .

12 races FTG is the main reason I choose carefully when I go. Usually to meet up with a good friend of 40 years standing with whom the banter ( about the world as much as speedway overall ) allows the boring processional racing not to intrude too much into our pleasure from the evening. For the last three years, it has increasingly been like that, with very, very little motivation to go to matches. This is not just slagging off but is a reflection of how a lifelong fervent supporter of 65 years standing at Norwich and KL ( plus a huge number of away tracks and matches supporting The Stars ) has come to be hardly bothered. I assure you that it is not "just age" ( as I remain lively in other areas of life! ).

It truly is how Buster chooses to run KL ( and his other teams ) and how his lack of interest or priority in existing fans and their concerns about what is on offer. With a very poor crowd, again and for a local derby, it seems that nothing will bring Buster to see the situation objectively and start with the $64,000 Question ( nowadays £100 million Euromillions win ). Why do the fans continually drift away? Am I do doing something wrong? What do they need, to be encouraged to return?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

12 races FTG is the main reason I choose carefully when I go. Usually to meet up with a good friend of 40 years standing with whom the banter ( about the world as much as speedway overall ) allows the boring processional racing not to intrude too much into our pleasure from the evening. For the last three years, it has increasingly been like that, with very, very little motivation to go to matches. This is not just slagging off but is a reflection of how a lifelong fervent supporter of 65 years standing at Norwich and KL ( plus a huge number of away tracks and matches supporting The Stars ) has come to be hardly bothered. I assure you that it is not "just age" ( as I remain lively in other areas of life! ).

It truly is how Buster chooses to run KL ( and his other teams ) and how his lack of interest or priority in existing fans and their concerns about what is on offer. With a very poor crowd, again and for a local derby, it seems that nothing will bring Buster to see the situation objectively and start with the $64,000 Question ( nowadays £100 million Euromillions win ). Why do the fans continually drift away? Am I do doing something wrong? What do they need, to be encouraged to return?

I honestly believe they don’t care if long term fans walk away if they did care they’d at least try to sort the problem out speedway in general make 0% effort in this. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

At Swindon it seems to be the opposite Waytogo28 the promotion are trying everything to get new blood to go, and the racing has been very good the best for years.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Haza said:

Absolutely right - AFA is now a stock car stadium first and foremost- speedway is secondary and id guess sometimes an inconvenience- Some can kid themselves that isn’t the case but sadly they are wrong . 

Could be attendances for 'stock cars' aka short circuit car racing in relation to those turning up for bike races determines where promotional preferences should rest? 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

There must be a basic reason - most likely stock cars aka short circuit car racing is of more benefit financially to the promotion? Consequently track conditions need to be in their favour as I see it. Obviously to provide the best possible surface for the cars is essential.

Edited by Guest