Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Interesting you say there was a poor crowd and yet there was a delay to let people in the stadium,  maybe due to just the usual last minute arrivals not the size of paying customers 

I thought it was a good crowd, the Supporters Club sold a record amount of 50/50 tickets, the kids got their goodie bags including whistles bought by the Supporters Club, the mascot was out on the terraces having pics with the kids etc.  It's not all negative. The team who were not all 100% did the business on a boiling hot night, there wasn't a wisp of dust, funny how you can see the positives if you're looking for them ....

7 minutes ago, Trees said:

I thought it was a good crowd, the Supporters Club sold a record amount of 50/50 tickets, the kids got their goodie bags including whistles bought by the Supporters Club, the mascot was out on the terraces having pics with the kids etc.  It's not all negative. The team who were not all 100% did the business on a boiling hot night, there wasn't a wisp of dust, funny how you can see the positives if you're looking for them ....

Funny how you never see the negatives even if they are right under your nose they just wear the cloak of invisibility lol  - you keep wearing those blinkers and don’t forget your rose tinted glasses - 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Funny how you never see the negatives even if they are right under your nose they just wear the cloak of invisibility lol  - you keep wearing those blinkers and don’t forget your rose tinted glasses - 

And "worship" of all things Buster. Funny how Trees never notices or accepts any of the negative facts like low crowds, very poor racing ( even after Buster works on the track from 5 a.m, ) and more people being unhappy with VFM at Saddlenow Road nowadays ( those who have just walked away because offering constructive feedback is pointless ). Where are the hordes of lost fans? They have not all died ( as some posters hope the fate of those offering feedback might be ). They are doing other things that offer better VFM.

In some ways I admire Trees for her unwavering support for Lynn, but I think her views would be taken more seriously if she did occasionally notice some of the negatives.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Having handed out questionnaires at meetings, stood in town centres giving tickets away and gone around schools promoting the sport I think I've asked the right questions.

'

You might think that you've "asked the right questions" , but , judging by your recent posts you don't appear to have arrived at the right conclusions.

Writing off posters who no longer attend (and there are plenty of them from all tracks) is hardly the correct way forward IMO . The fact that they still read the forum suggests to me that they still have enough interest in speedway and would love to see something positive happening. I know I would.

i think everyone knows someone who "used to go to speedway" but are now lost to the sport, those who still read and post on here are still reachable if ever the sport can rebuild .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

But did you ( and your associates ) Read, Mark, Learn and Inwardly Digest the feedback given to you? And was any of it worth implementing? Would you care to post on here the things which fans and prospective fans want from speedway racing and hope to get ( as contained in the feedback you collected ).

Do you think we just threw it all way and ignored it?

Without going into every avenue of our findings here's a few tasters.

New fans found their first time experience very enjoyable but expensive in reality. 

A suggested acceptable adult price was £12-14.

They wanted more entertainment between races such as modern music ( not 70's hits) interaction with the crowd ( centre green chats with riders/ fans/ management ) Mascots were often mentioned.

They wanted more races, more explanation of the basic rules and better viewing platforms with more interaction with the riders.

They appear to enjoy ' 2nd half ' type races , when they took place, when kids were involved as the younger ones could connect with children their own age having a go.

None of them could get their head around ' guests ' or R/R or ' excluding a rider but putting him back in off 15m.

Car parking was an issue.

The ' used to go years ago ' feedback was always harping about bikes on the back of cars, riders in the bar after meetings, ' characters ' starting fights on the track ( riders and team managers) old format 13 heats and ' junior scurry's' and match races between two top stars visiting the track.

74% of fans who completed the surveys had attended speedway for more than 20 years and 65% of those thought that the standard of race meetings now was better than the past.

I still have all the feedback sheets and have shared the information with 3 different promotions all of which have tried to implement some of the findings with varying success levels. One track improved their 'new' fan attendance over one season by 45%.

Some fans are harder to please than others.

1 hour ago, Trees said:

:lol:

So, the crowd was good because of record 50/50 sales and give aways :lol:

Nothing at all to do with the first week of school holidays so more 'free child admissions' would be in attendance? 

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

In some ways I admire Trees for her unwavering support for Lynn, but I think her views would be taken more seriously if she did occasionally notice some of the negatives.

You'll never hear a negative just in case it gets back to Buster and she's fired from the supporters club. 

What Tree's posts is more propaganda than her actual own opinion of what's going on at King's Lynn. 

The truth of what Buster is like is also proven by the happenings at Peterborough. The man has become seriously delusional on what people want in Speedway. 

I can categorically say with my hand on heart, I could produce a better race track than Buster with a days work on the track. 

15 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Time to go Buster.

Bugger off and leave our club alone.

So no more speedway at Lynn is what you're saying? 

Just now, ScottCampos178 said:

So no more speedway at Lynn is what you're saying? 

He she is a Pboro fan not Lynn 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nothing at all to do with the first week of school holidays so more 'free child admissions' would be in attendance? 

You'll never hear a negative just in case it gets back to Buster and she's fired from the supporters club. 

What Tree's posts is more propaganda than her actual own opinion of what's going on at King's Lynn. 

The truth of what Buster is like is also proven by the happenings at Peterborough. The man has become seriously delusional on what people want in Speedway. 

I can categorically say with my hand on heart, I could produce a better race track than Buster with a days work on the track. 

And don’t forget free admission for Trees she must get in free lol lol

3 minutes ago, ScottCampos178 said:

My bad :blink:

But still the same question with Peterborough

From what I’m hearing there is a lot of talk of a boycott at Pboro till Buster is gone - some pboro fans don’t want him there . 

20 minutes ago, Haza said:

And don’t forget free admission for Trees she must get in free lol lol

Nope .....

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Of course it's because of the school holidays, that's obvious! Just saying re the 50/50 :)

Why would I want to post negatives about the club, of course there's negatives but I've said on here til I'm blue in the face, red last night mind, that I enjoy supporting the club and I'm not gonna join the "club" on here that don't go anymore and are soooooo negative about every single element of Kings Lynn Speedway, the positives far outway the negatives for me personally ..... when they don't anymore will be my time to walk away and admit that I've moved on and speedway isn't my thing anymore ..... hope that day never comes!

• Like 1