British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

as you don’t mention the fact that we have arguably the best speedway track in the world in this country.

Now you've done it baggy :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That’s all great but don’t take it out on somebody who enjoys going. If you are criticising her for only being positive when you are exactly the same in only ever being negative.

I have no problem with Tree's or anyone else enjoying Speedway.

Seeing as I get criticism for being only negative (which I am with regards to the King's Lynn owner) then the same has to said of those that only see positive does it not?

As many have said numerous times this year and previous at King's Lynn, the atmosphere is flat, racing none existent etc etc. 

Would be interested to know from those that are still so in love with King's Lynn, what it is that genuinely keeps them going?

In terms of Belle Vue, they do have the best track in the world but they haven't got the same promoting mentally as Glasgow & Isle of Wight. 

These clubs make their fans feel included and listened too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gustix said:

In a possible scenario - just what could Chris Louis do if Buster Chapman insisted on more control at Ipswich? 

I'm pretty sure plenty of Witches fans would do the 'hit' for nothing B)

23 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I'm pretty sure plenty of Witches fans would do the 'hit' for nothing B)

Sorry - I don't understand the response. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

We get plenty of ridicule for having a differing opinion. It's open to all. 

When in my case, one man has destroyed my love of going home and away watching the Stars this 'all things rosy in the garden' angers me. 

Buster is in full control of King's Lynn and Peterborough and it ain't particularly going well is it? 

Fortunately for Ipswich, Chris Louis made sure he remains in control of all things Ipswich otherwise we'd of more likely than not had a melt down their too from fans.

Buster is single handedly driving many many more away from the sport than brining them in through the turnstiles. 

I just don't see where the positives are in Speedway under his control. Under his tenure the future is declining at a rapid speed. 

There are just 2 positives in British Speedway right now and they're either end of the UK in Glasgow and Isle of Wight. 

I'll have to add Kent to your list. Despite battling against the dreaded curfew every week, they still get excellent crowds for NL racing. They must be one of the few tracks making money out of the sport.

• Like 2

As much as I don't like budget Chapman and his monopoly over British speedway. What are the other options if no one else wants to  buy into a sport that's outdated, non profit making, poorly supported and governed by promoters who can hardly see beyond the end of their own noses? Let's face it, speedway is sinking fast and the warning signs have been illuminating tracks for years. I'm just pleased I'm able to witness speedway at Alwalton, all be it not the most exciting at present. You can't blame anyone for wanting to invest money into a sport that  is still surviving by the skin of its teeth. I'm afraid to say that I'm going to make the best of a bad job,because I fear in less than five years time, speedway will have dried up completely as a spectator sport and then we really will have something to moan about!

Edited by pleasureboy60

The british public don't want to go to speedway anymore. Cheaper admission would only be a short term fix. Once all of us old fogies have died off, its days as a professional sport will be over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, semion said:

Fair play to Barry n the IOW.   Thats how to make fans feel valued.

He simply doesn't miss a trick. 

No other promoters go on the BSF never mind trying to arrange a lift for one fan speaking on a thread totally unconnected with his club. 

It was something of that kind that turned me into an Isle of Wight advocate over 3 years ago and I have never had any reason to waver from that.

19 hours ago, Star Lady said:

In some ways I admire Trees for her unwavering support for Lynn, but I think her views would be taken more seriously if she did occasionally notice some of the negatives.

I think you're right :approve:

Truth is you have to call it as you see it. You might not always be right - and you are often not popular as I have found out several times - but at least you are being honest.

Speedway is neither all positive or all negative, and never has been. There are good and bad points to every club and almost every meeting, and most if not all have more of one than the other. 

For that reason, - and as you have said - the posts of those who see just one side or the other lack credence and value and are almost always motivated by their own prejudice.

To be fair to Trees, if she has a major role within the supporters club being critical is difficult simply because of how close she will be to the promotion.  

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, semion said:

Fair play to Barry n the IOW.   Thats how to make fans feel valued.

To put his ethos a bit more into perspective, he was at Plymouth last night.

By the account I got, the referee ordered extensive track work before the meeting started. When it did, the surface was clearly still dangerous and further work was ordered (the Isle of Wight facebook page states two clubs wanted the meeting calling off). 

You can just imagine how some promoters would have taken the opportunity to put the boot into Plymouth (and, in truth, that would have been at least partly justified).

I have it on good authority that Barry entertained children by giving them a taste of riding a speedway bike (albeit while it was standing still, there's a film on the Isle of Wight facebook page) chatted to spectators and assisted with the track work by manning a tractor.  

More power to his elbow :approve:

• Like 3

No wonder there's very little passing on a track like that, no excuse for the weather it's purely down to material used, you can't race and feel confident you just don't know how the bike going to react.

17 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I have no problem with Tree's or anyone else enjoying Speedway.

Seeing as I get criticism for being only negative (which I am with regards to the King's Lynn owner) then the same has to said of those that only see positive does it not?

As many have said numerous times this year and previous at King's Lynn, the atmosphere is flat, racing none existent etc etc. 

Would be interested to know from those that are still so in love with King's Lynn, what it is that genuinely keeps them going?

In terms of Belle Vue, they do have the best track in the world but they haven't got the same promoting mentally as Glasgow & Isle of Wight. 

These clubs make their fans feel included and listened too. 

I think Trees’ opinions probably could be more balanced just like yours but both you and Haza have laughed at her in this thread as well as accusing her of cosying up to the promotion and getting in for free. As I said she deserves more respect, especially as you two don’t go anymore (completely understand why) and she works hard for the supporters club etc . 

6 minutes ago, Warriors said:

No wonder there's very little passing on a track like that, no excuse for the weather it's purely down to material used, you can't race and feel confident you just don't know how the bike going to react.

Interesting that Craig Cook had his say on BBC Radio Norfolk yesterday in an interview recorded on Thursday evening, he said that the track is over prepared early on and you can’t race until it slickens off towards the end of the meeting. Makes you wonder if a rider coming out and saying something might do any good. Probably not but you never know. 

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Interesting that Craig Cook had his say on BBC Radio Norfolk yesterday in an interview recorded on Thursday evening, he said that the track is over prepared early on and you can’t race until it slickens off towards the end of the meeting. Makes you wonder if a rider coming out and saying something might do any good. Probably not but you never know. 

So the public are aware of the track issues, the riders obviously are, but what chance of Buster listening?? 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Trees’ opinions probably could be more balanced just like yours but both you and Haza have laughed at her in this thread as well as accusing her of cosying up to the promotion and getting in for free. As I said she deserves more respect, especially as you two don’t go anymore (completely understand why) and she works hard for the supporters club etc . 

Most definitely Trees should have a more balanced approach even she can’t be so blind to what’s going on at the club and the sport in general and just for once a word of criticism she’d get 100% more respect - as I said she must get in free as I can’t think of any other reason why she defends the club on every angle I apologise for any offence caused on that one  if as it seems I was wrong - most definitely can’t fault the work at the supporters  club .

If Trees wants to see everything good in the Stars team and promotion , it's her choice. So stop knocking her and get on with your own lives.