British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Interesting that Craig Cook had his say on BBC Radio Norfolk yesterday in an interview recorded on Thursday evening, he said that the track is over prepared early on and you can’t race until it slickens off towards the end of the meeting. Makes you wonder if a rider coming out and saying something might do any good. Probably not but you never know. 

So Buster beginning the track prep at 5 am, as we were told, means that it's all wasted effort. But if he wears top quality ear muffs on the tractor it means he cannot hear the rider advice. Anyway, what do they know about track prep?

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Interesting that Craig Cook had his say on BBC Radio Norfolk yesterday in an interview recorded on Thursday evening, he said that the track is over prepared early on and you can’t race until it slickens off towards the end of the meeting. Makes you wonder if a rider coming out and saying something might do any good. Probably not but you never know. 

When Chris Holder kicked off about the track, he was shown the door!  Not the same situation obviously, but Buster doesn't take kindly to his track being criticised.

22 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

So Buster beginning the track prep at 5 am, as we were told, means that it's all wasted effort. But if he wears top quality ear muffs on the tractor it means he cannot hear the rider advice. Anyway, what do they know about track prep?

So Cook is saying he can only ride a slick track if you want to be a top rider you should be able to ride anything

19 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

So Cook is saying he can only ride a slick track if you want to be a top rider you should be able to ride anything

Nope, he’s saying Lynn is overprepared to start with on race night, I’ve commented on this before about riders hanging on to the bike and getting strung out because the track is too grippy and hard to ride. He’s saying people can race properly once it’s slickened off a bit. So from a punter’s point of view surely it would be better to start off a bit slicker. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Stag said:

So the public are aware of the track issues, the riders obviously are, but what chance of Buster listening?? 

When Holder and Batch wanted him to listen didn't they end up refusing to ride and then they were sacked just in time for them not to be able to sign for another British club.

The trouble is , the track is TOO grippy meaning the person that gets out on front on a fast bike cant be caught unless he makes a mistake, as the track has nothing to give.Ride the fastest line , race over. It's only when the track is prepared slicker(very rare) or left alone to settle and develop racing lines that we see better racing and even then its flat out round the boards to get anywhere. 

Obviously this is only my opinion, but the track is too grippy with relatively long straights and tighter bends compared to other tracks that produce closer racing with the modern engines  Apart from Peterborough which now also seems to be a flat out super fast track.The riders always seem to praise the track as its great to ride , apparently, but it's not great as a spectacle any more

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Booey boy said:

Exactly. Cook is unlikely to reach that status. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

We'll apparently Ty proctor did say something to buster and he politely got told don't forget who pays your f***ing wages, so basically your wasting your time as he doesn't want to know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/26/2019 at 4:47 PM, gustix said:

In a possible scenario - just what could Chris Louis do if Buster Chapman insisted on more control at Ipswich? 

Im pretty sure Witches will be ok for this season as Buster is preoccupied with destroying Peterborough but who knows what next year may bring!  

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Nope, he’s saying Lynn is overprepared to start with on race night, I’ve commented on this before about riders hanging on to the bike and getting strung out because the track is too grippy and hard to ride. He’s saying people can race properly once it’s slickened off a bit. So from a punter’s point of view surely it would be better to start off a bit slicker. 

Spot on.:t:

On 7/26/2019 at 4:47 PM, gustix said:

In a possible scenario - just what could Chris Louis do if Buster Chapman insisted on more control at Ipswich? 

He could trigger the guaranteed buy back clause that was set in the deal....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warriors said:

We'll apparently Ty proctor did say something to buster and he politely got told don't forget who pays your f***ing wages, so basically your wasting your time as he doesn't want to know.

I can't believe that.Ty was absolutely loving it Thursday until his e/f.Cook also said a grippy track suits how Proctor rides.

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

In the after meeting conference he said it was over prepared for this match,or that's what he seemed to say.Incidentally i thought this match was the best i have seen him ride the track.They handed the mic to MPT after and he said he liked a grippy track,but he has learnt and had to adapt to it.

Peter Shroeck then said the track is clay based so is always going to be on the grippier side.

One thing i don't get though is why do people say that riders can't race a grippy track.If MPT can adapt and learn then surely the better classed riders should be able to.The last few meetings MPT has made some great moves on the track.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haza said:

Most definitely Trees should have a more balanced approach even she can’t be so blind to what’s going on at the club and the sport in general and just for once a word of criticism she’d get 100% more respect - as I said she must get in free as I can’t think of any other reason why she defends the club on every angle I apologise for any offence caused on that one  if as it seems I was wrong - most definitely can’t fault the work at the supporters  club .

Hand on heart I do not get in free!!!!!  Maybe you could see my running the supporters club as my constructive criticism of the club ..... 

But no, some of you just want me to be negative about every aspect!  Buster is the latest custodian of our club, OUR CLUB, yes he makes the money (or not as the case may be) but the majority of our entrance goes to our team, the riders, the guys racing in Stars colours, they're the ones I go to support, always has been, always will, that's where MY ENTRANCE MONEY goes.  You could say they are basically at the mercy of Buster and the track, they are skilled at racing their bikes and brave, too brave but hell, glad they are!! I stand there willing them to win, mad maybe but it's always been like that, I'm still passionate for our club. I'm just sorry some of you don't feel the same :(.

That's the other great thing about the press conference/Q&A after the meeting, the riders give you a totally honest, human reflection of their night, if anyone who never goes in just does once they will enjoy I'm sure.

Cookie's thoughts on the track and the different styles riders have was interesting, he wants less grip. Interestingly though 3 of the riders like the grip and MPT said he changed his style to get the best from the track, he said that he found it hard for starters but he's got used to it and effective he is too eh!

The grip does give us home track advantage which every team needs .....