British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

Whilst we welcome Nick to the team, we have our top two riders injured.

I'm pretty sure Cookie will ride, but will find the going tough, with Lynn being so grippy, if as he says  he couldn't hold on in the SON over the last few days.

Hope Robert isn't to bad. I haven't heard anything.

Could make this a tricky meeting for the Stars, who need all the points they can get.

With only Poole not riding, finding a guest, if we need one is limited.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Whilst we welcome Nick to the team, we have our top two riders injured.

I'm pretty sure Cookie will ride, but will find the going tough, with Lynn being so grippy, if as he says  he couldn't hold on in the SON over the last few days.

Hope Robert isn't to bad. I haven't heard anything.

Could make this a tricky meeting for the Stars, who need all the points they can get.

With only Poole not riding, finding a guest, if we need one is limited.

Jorgensen still resting his shoulder at present,wasn't fit enough to ride for Newcastle tonight.

TBH I just forgot about  TJ's shoulder. Lambo and Cookie's injuries had took my attention away from TJ, and I forgot to check if he was riding today.

If the Stars didn't have bad luck, they wouldn't have any :angry::angry:

If Cookie and Rob are fit enough, I expect RR to TJ if he still isn't right. 

If we need a guest for Rob or Craig, it's a bit limited. I doubt Holder would be interested if not riding :wink:

Peterborough will need guests as well I presume, Stars Select v Panthers Select. 

On paper, with 3 potentially injured riders, we one our 'easier' matches, hope it doesn't turn out to be a banana skin.

With Buster having a finger in both pies I can’t see him letting Peterborough have first choice on available guests.  He won’t want Lynn slipping up at home on this one 

• Like 1

I would imagine Peterborough already have  HA  place covered.    With this fix race night idea, there will always be problems when looking for guests. Its Part and Parcel that goes with it. 

When considering the fitness and strains of a lot of our riders, surely it would be far beneficial to prepare a slick track when it requires less effort to perform.    Making them perform on a grippy track does them no favours what so ever.    

PS.  Of all the Kings Lynn riders ( past & present) who performed in yesterday's SON , must say how impressed I was with Huckenbeck.  Since leaving the Stars he has progressed into a really talented and competitive rider.    :t:

21 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I would imagine Peterborough already have  HA  place covered.    With this fix race night idea, there will always be problems when looking for guests. Its Part and Parcel that goes with it. 

When considering the fitness and strains of a lot of our riders, surely it would be far beneficial to prepare a slick track when it requires less effort to perform.    Making them perform on a grippy track does them no favours what so ever.    

PS.  Of all the Kings Lynn riders ( past & present) who performed in yesterday's SON , must say how impressed I was with Huckenbeck.  Since leaving the Stars he has progressed into a really talented and competitive rider.    :t:

Modern day British tracks for you, there is only 1 track at present that compares with Polish/Swedish tracks,Promoters need to man up and make their tracks racable.Riders want to have confidence to race, not concerned about not being able to turn their bikes or hitting a grippy patch in the middle of the bends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hyderd said:

Modern day British tracks for you, there is only 1 track at present that compares with Polish/Swedish tracks,Promoters need to man up and make their tracks racable.Riders want to have confidence to race, not concerned about not being able to turn their bikes or hitting a grippy patch in the middle of the bends.

Have you got the money to put in to alter the tracks, they can't do just what they want when they're shared venues either. We have so many issues going against us compared to other countries.  Do any tracks in Poland, Sweden and Denmark share their tracks with stock car/banger racing or dog racing? No I believe. The majority of their tracks are community owned, what a fantastic situation they find themselves in!!

1 minute ago, Trees said:

Have you got the money to put in to alter the tracks, they can't do just what they want when they're shared venues either. We have so many issues going against us compared to other countries.  Do any tracks in Poland, Sweden and Denmark share their tracks with stock car/banger racing or dog racing? No I believe. The majority of their tracks are community owned, what a fantastic situation they find themselves in!!

Using the right type of shale would be a start!! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Buster getting ready to top dress the track for Thursday...

Image result for cart full of manure

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, hyderd said:

Helps when the council pay for it. 

Not every speedway club can rely on their council buying them a stadium.

Rather live in a 2 bedroom semi that I paid for, than a 5 bedroom detached council house.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Helps when the council pay for it. 

Not every speedway club can rely on their council buying them a stadium.

Rather live in a 2 bedroom semi that I paid for, than a 5 bedroom detached council house.

But just think of the fun you could have with a different blow up doll in all 5 bedrooms :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The way Peterborough are riding this should be a walk in the park for the Stars, i expect Cook to ride and r/r for Robert Lambert and a guest for TJ if he isn't fit.

10 hours ago, The Stag said:

Absolutely spot on - though thing to remember is Kings Lynn is a stock car stadium that just happens to stage a few speedway meetings . 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Stag said:

What's the right type of shale? Where does it come from and how expensive is it?

• Haha 1