Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Rolling in. It's peanuts, but keeps speedway on the box. Sky gave big money, but it seems it was chanalled elsewhere:blink:

If it is 'peanuts' why were Bluster & Co so desperate to get the contractual minimum 7 teams into the top league, no matter what it took? 

Anyway, I'd be surprised if BT Sport are as keen next time around.  

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Some guests I will stick up for. Chris Harris on Monday must have been fatigued after the trip to Russia so he gets a pass. Josh Grajczonek was probably the only rider we could have booked to guest tonight with 6 teams racing. However the bookings of Erik Riss, Lewis Kerr & Simon Lambert is an utter p155 take. 

Could of booked Ricky Wells or Rasmus Jensen on Monday amongst others. Nico Covatti could've been booked tonight. I know i'm going to get reply's saying how do you know Buster didn't try and get those riders but please just be honest look at the pattern emerging it's no coincidence that every time we need a guest it just so happens to be a King's Lynn rider from this season.

I don't see people moaning about a terrible showing from a good guest in Josh, who wasn't cheap . But slagging Buster for Simon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

Dedicated supporters who have been going for years suddenly stop going! Ever asked yourself why?

 

I can answer that. I was told on here by an ex promoter when I stopped going after following the sport world-wide for forty years, that I was never a speedway fan in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PE7Panther said:

If it is 'peanuts' why were Bluster & Co so desperate to get the contractual minimum 7 teams into the top league, no matter what it took? 

Anyway, I'd be surprised if BT Sport are as keen next time around.  

   

Trying desperately to promote the sport. Rumorus say £3k to home meetings. Hardley covers gate loses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That may be , but if the product poor as it  seems, slow, poor quality racing no wonder going down, he needs to get the presentation & product better & then he might have a chance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Icicle said:

That may be , but if the product poor as it  seems, slow, poor quality racing no wonder going down, he needs to get the presentation & product better & then he might have a chance

The other 4 are doing a top job then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't see people moaning about a terrible showing from a good guest in Josh, who wasn't cheap . But slagging Buster for Simon.

Apparently took no money for his efforts tonight .......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mrss said:

Another poor meeting tonight. Two overtakes on a quick track. Too many restarts caused by referee holding the tapes down too long. Too much whinging by Panthers riders about track conditions. The only positive is the Stars got all the league points.

There were no positives,      Points are of no importance if the perception of the whole night was poor.   All it will have done is question the sanity of us  fans who turned up and paid to watch .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there last night .Very poor crowd for a local derby which turned out to be boring . if I hadn't met up with the usual friends I would most probably have left at the interval.No atmosphere , crap track, terrible racing. Good to see Ty back on form though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

At least we now know what a "hat full" of points means = as scored by Simon Lambert. 

As you well know I said if he gates, as few (no?) Lynn riders would have passed him. He obviously didn’t so no points. 

7 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

It's the race times that count and not the racing. That's the way Buster looks at it anyway. 

It’s stock cars that count and not speedway, not sure the race times are of any relevance. Cars completely dictate the surface nowadays. 

Edited by Bagpuss
Cars not cats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As you well know I said if he gates, as few (no?) Lynn riders would have passed him. He obviously didn’t so no points. 

It’s stock cars that count and not speedway, not sure the race times are of any relevance. Cars completely dictate the surface nowadays. 

Absolutely right - AFA is now a stock car stadium first and foremost- speedway is secondary and id guess sometimes an inconvenience- Some can kid themselves that isn’t the case but sadly they are wrong . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

I was there last night .Very poor crowd for a local derby which turned out to be boring . if I hadn't met up with the usual friends I would most probably have left at the interval.No atmosphere , crap track, terrible racing. Good to see Ty back on form though.

 

49 minutes ago, g13webb said:

There were no positives,      Points are of no importance if the perception of the whole night was poor.   All it will have done is question the sanity of us  fans who turned up and paid to watch .

 

 

3

12 races FTG is the main reason I choose carefully when I go. Usually to meet up with a good friend of 40 years standing with whom the banter ( about the world as much as speedway overall ) allows the boring processional racing not to intrude too much into our pleasure from the evening. For the last three years, it has increasingly been like that, with very, very little motivation to go to matches. This is not just slagging off but is a reflection of how a lifelong fervent supporter of 65 years standing at Norwich and KL ( plus a huge number of away tracks and matches supporting The Stars ) has come to be hardly bothered. I assure you that it is not "just age" ( as I remain lively in other areas of life! ).

It truly is how Buster chooses to run KL ( and his other teams ) and how his lack of interest or priority in existing fans and their concerns about what is on offer. With a very poor crowd, again and for a local derby, it seems that nothing will bring Buster to see the situation objectively and start with the $64,000 Question ( nowadays £100 million Euromillions win ). Why do the fans continually drift away? Am I do doing something wrong? What do they need, to be encouraged to return?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

 

12 races FTG is the main reason I choose carefully when I go. Usually to meet up with a good friend of 40 years standing with whom the banter ( about the world as much as speedway overall ) allows the boring processional racing not to intrude too much into our pleasure from the evening. For the last three years, it has increasingly been like that, with very, very little motivation to go to matches. This is not just slagging off but is a reflection of how a lifelong fervent supporter of 65 years standing at Norwich and KL ( plus a huge number of away tracks and matches supporting The Stars ) has come to be hardly bothered. I assure you that it is not "just age" ( as I remain lively in other areas of life! ).

It truly is how Buster chooses to run KL ( and his other teams ) and how his lack of interest or priority in existing fans and their concerns about what is on offer. With a very poor crowd, again and for a local derby, it seems that nothing will bring Buster to see the situation objectively and start with the $64,000 Question ( nowadays £100 million Euromillions win ). Why do the fans continually drift away? Am I do doing something wrong? What do they need, to be encouraged to return?

I honestly believe they don’t care if long term fans walk away if they did care they’d at least try to sort the problem out speedway in general make 0% effort in this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

 

12 races FTG is the main reason I choose carefully when I go. Usually to meet up with a good friend of 40 years standing with whom the banter ( about the world as much as speedway overall ) allows the boring processional racing not to intrude too much into our pleasure from the evening. For the last three years, it has increasingly been like that, with very, very little motivation to go to matches. This is not just slagging off but is a reflection of how a lifelong fervent supporter of 65 years standing at Norwich and KL ( plus a huge number of away tracks and matches supporting The Stars ) has come to be hardly bothered. I assure you that it is not "just age" ( as I remain lively in other areas of life! ).

It truly is how Buster chooses to run KL ( and his other teams ) and how his lack of interest or priority in existing fans and their concerns about what is on offer. With a very poor crowd, again and for a local derby, it seems that nothing will bring Buster to see the situation objectively and start with the $64,000 Question ( nowadays £100 million Euromillions win ). Why do the fans continually drift away? Am I do doing something wrong? What do they need, to be encouraged to return?

At Swindon it seems to be the opposite Waytogo28 the promotion are trying everything to get new blood to go, and the racing has been very good the best for years.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Haza said:

Absolutely right - AFA is now a stock car stadium first and foremost- speedway is secondary and id guess sometimes an inconvenience- Some can kid themselves that isn’t the case but sadly they are wrong . 

Could be attendances for 'stock cars' aka short circuit car racing in relation to those turning up for bike races determines where promotional preferences should rest? 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy