British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

It was explained after the meeting why the track was really grippy last night.And Cook also answered why some riders can get on better with a grippy track than others.It seemed quite simple really but all the same must be hard.

35 minutes ago, Haza said:

I honestly believe they don’t care if long term fans walk away if they did care they’d at least try to sort the problem out speedway in general make 0% effort in this. 

They are deluded that's why. They really beleive in the show they put on, and that they offer good value for money. The penny will finally drop when the stadiums are empty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gustix said:

There must be a basic reason - most likely stock cars aka short circuit car racing is of more benefit financially to the promotion? Consequently track conditions need to be in their favour as I see it.

Exactly,anyone in business will favour the part that makes them the most money.It's crazy to want to lose money.

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Exactly,anyone in business will favour the part that makes them the most money.It's crazy to want to lose money.

But lose money they do at KLS - hand over fist - only the fact that the sponsors are prepared to prop up the losses means they go on as they do. Overall including income from the leasing of the stockcar side of things ( and the catering receipts from stockcar fans ) plus sponsorship support means that Buster ( we hope ) has his head above water financially. But the KL speedway side of things IS withering away in terms of crowd support. And there are no indications that anything is being done to change that.

11 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Sadly I have not seen a single meeting this season. Last season I went every meeting at Rye House except for the last one. I know it is possible for me to get to Poole, Peterborough, Isle of Wight and Belle Vue by train but all would cost a lot of money even with an advance rail ticket which given the British weather and fixture changes don't really seem a good idea. 

I am 65 and have been watching speedway since the age of 3. I don't expect Grand Prix stars for £5. Over the past couple of years I have been to two Junior Championship meetings at Rye House and very enjoyable they were. 

So I am a stay away fan who still follows the sport and would love to have a local track but after a lifetime with tracks all around London I now find I have no local Speedway or Stock Car tracks within a sensible distance which I find very sad and as a parting shot I pray that Galliard Homes find a massive sink hole and fall into it, having knocked down my second home, Wimbledon Stadium. 

Where abouts are you......? send me at PM and I will see if any of our fans, riders or officials can meet you somewhere... :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, barrybishop said:

Where abouts are you......? send me at PM and I will see if any of our fans, riders or officials can meet you somewhere... :)

Pro active Customer engagement..

No surprise Barry...

You seem to be on the front foot, and open minded to constructive feedback, whether good, bad or indifferent..

Hence your reputation amongst fans is at the level it is..

A bar height that others can aspire to..

• Like 2

Fair play to Barry n the IOW.   Thats how to make fans feel valued.

11 hours ago, Starboy118 said:

Dedicated supporters who have been going for years suddenly stop going! Ever asked yourself why?

Having handed out questionnaires at meetings, stood in town centres giving tickets away and gone around schools promoting the sport I think I've asked the right questions.

'

10 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

If it is 'peanuts' why were Bluster & Co so desperate to get the contractual minimum 7 teams into the top league, no matter what it took? 

Anyway, I'd be surprised if BT Sport are as keen next time around.  

Because if the premiership had ceased there was a massive financial penalty for failing to fulfil the contract to be paid back to BT. 

It was cheaper to purchase two clubs and underwrite any losses.  I imagine Peterborough are losing money but Ipswich are doing quite well 

3 hours ago, castrolargh said:

I was there last night .Very poor crowd for a local derby which turned out to be boring . if I hadn't met up with the usual friends I would most probably have left at the interval.No atmosphere , crap track, terrible racing. Good to see Ty back on form though.

Interesting you say there was a poor crowd and yet there was a delay to let people in the stadium,  maybe due to just the usual last minute arrivals not the size of paying customers 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

It was explained after the meeting why the track was really grippy last night.And Cook also answered why some riders can get on better with a grippy track than others.It seemed quite simple really but all the same must be hard.

So can you enlighten us, that don't attend after the meeting, the reasoning for the grippy tracks and why the large numbers of visiting riders continually fail to come to terms with it ?

25 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Having handed out questionnaires at meetings, stood in town centres giving tickets away and gone around schools promoting the sport I think I've asked the right questions.

'

Sounds like you may have all the answers ( or at least some of them) to the Sports numerous problems.   

Be interesting to hear

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Absolutely right - AFA is now a stock car stadium first and foremost- speedway is secondary and id guess sometimes an inconvenience- Some can kid themselves that isn’t the case but sadly they are wrong . 

It's strange that Coventry is/was always considered as the Wembley of F1 Stock Cars (Stock Car driver's words, not mine!) and yet they raced on exactly the same surface material as the Speedway.

12 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

Different circumstances. Grajczonek was probably the only guest available to replace Hans so it's a case of book Josh or go with R/R. If Bates had an average round about 3.5 then I wouldn't complain about Simon being booked as options would be limited. But Josh has an average of 5.11 therefore Buster deserves to be slagged off for booking a rider on a 3.28 and deciding to put out a team almost 2 points under the team building limit. Doesn't matter what Simon's average is around King's Lynn at the end of the day we had over 5 points available to get a decent guest in for the night. 

Not forgetting we started the season 2 plus points under the limit when we swapped Cook for Summers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

'

But did you ( and your associates ) Read, Mark, Learn and Inwardly Digest the feedback given to you? And was any of it worth implementing? Would you care to post on here the things which fans and prospective fans want from speedway racing and hope to get ( as contained in the feedback you collected ).