British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If the will was there Buster could get hold of whatever shale Belle Vue use and lay that for speedway and the clay crap for stock cars, I’m sure it’s much closer to a day than an hour to achieve but it could be done. He could also eat into as much of the concrete centre as he wanted to make the track a rounder and wider one making Lynn one of the best speedway tracks in the world. 

If the will was there. 

It's possible, no doubt about it. We have the banking there, as you say, make it shorter and wider so it rides more like a circle.

The shale thing could also be done. Would be a big initial outlay, but the shale would last as it will be removed after every  meeting that bangers followed..

Down to money and desire I guess.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's possible, no doubt about it. We have the banking there, as you say, make it shorter and wider so it rides more like a circle.

The shale thing could also be done. Would be a big initial outlay, but the shale would last as it will be removed after every  meeting that bangers followed..

Down to money and desire I guess.

100% down to desire or lack of it - we was the same with the air fence or safety foam barrier seems to remember in the PL days  we had Oxford air fence the club wanted volunteers to put the air fence up and take it down not many or any people came forward so the air fence sat round the back of the terracing pit end and riders continued to get injured John Oliver was one - so I guess if we all turned up with wheel barrows we could have proper red speedway shale lol 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Helps when the council pay for it. 

Not every speedway club can rely on their council buying them a stadium.

Rather live in a 2 bedroom semi that I paid for, than a 5 bedroom detached council house.

but you still don't own the stadium you still rent like Aces do get your facts right !!

Good to see Cookie going well so far tonight for Glasgow. Equalled the track record in HT1. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

15 hours ago, Haza said:

Forever the loyalist that’s trees lol  None of the above matter when the promotion (and I used the word promotion in a very lose way as there isn’t much promoting going on ) doesn’t have any intention of using red shale they are quite happy using clay based with a few stone thrown in - sooner everyone realises its all about stock cars rather than speedway the better 

I think most people realise it's about stock cars,even Trees.But she is dedicated to speedway and credit should go to her on that.If you had the business what would you do?If Stock cars earns you so much more surely you would look after that side as much as possible.

Even if he produced the best ever racing strip at the speedway,how many more people would turn up?Probably a couple of hundred at best.Look at Belle Vue best track,well what ive been to anyway and they aren't pulling in the big crowds.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:27 AM, Trees said:

Have you got the money to put in to alter the tracks, they can't do just what they want when they're shared venues either. We have so many issues going against us compared to other countries.  Do any tracks in Poland, Sweden and Denmark share their tracks with stock car/banger racing or dog racing? No I believe. The majority of their tracks are community owned, what a fantastic situation they find themselves in!!

Kings Lynn was a fantastic track with plenty of passing and riders feeling good about attacking the track,from what I've seen on BT Sports that is no longer the case, and this has been backed up by other speedway fans. It doesn't need massive amounts spent on it, just a good track curator and a bit of backing from Busted.

• Like 4

With all this blast from past talk about what a great track Saddlebow was, I’ve come up with the simple answer.

Get Terry Betts back at Number one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, semion said:

With all this blast from past talk about what a great track Saddlebow was, I’ve come up with the simple answer.

Get Terry Betts back at Number one 

Even He would have difficulties riding the track like he once did.   Going back to that first meeting in '65 , when Bettsy won,  the track then offered more overtaking than it does today....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hyderd said:

a bit of backing from Busted.

Buster ( not yet quite Busted ) backs only those who chorus "Yes, Buster - three bags full Buster".

He is accountable to no man and loves to look past the hards facts in front of him.

• Like 2

Buster has proved in the BT Sports Peterborough meeting the other week. Spouting they'll have the best track available for all to see in front of the cameras. 

What was produced was a smooth, extremely fast track. Buster even said it was a great meeting after. 

The man's delusional, he firmly believes faster is better. 

Even at King's Lynn with Iversen and Lambert together, he was producing a track so they could go out and try and break the track record. Iversen especially used to constantly look back at the scoreboard to check his race time. 

King's Lynn's track is still very very capable to produce quality racing, unfortunately, Buster's version of quality racing is by how fast the race times are, not the passing 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Maybe they will soon fine and deduct points from Peterborough for fielding under strength teams at matches 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Maybe they will soon fine and deduct points from Peterborough for fielding under strength teams at matches 

Who is they ? ;)

2 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

Josh Bates (5.11) ruled out. His replacement for the meeting Simon Lambert (3.28)

What a shock. We only had an extra 1.83 points available. Buster has consistently put out weakened teams that fall well short of the points limit. 

What do you expect against Lynn.

I like Simon Lambert but Another one of Kings Lynn cast offs from this season!?....we are the laughing stock of the league...imagine the uproar if someone owned Man U and Man city and Man U inherited all Man city's rubbish player's!

Buster trying to ensure the Stars win easily , Simon Lambert! I know he knows the track like the back of his hand but seems yet another cost saving guest.

• Like 2