British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

At least we now know what a "hat full" of points means = as scored by Simon Lambert. 

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Brady Kurtz Swindon v Peterborough live on TV

Agreed but before that he has had some shockers for us. 

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the recent  guests who ride in place of Andersen are riding for a set fee so whatever they score or the effort they put in has no bearing on them

Never a good idea imho, if that is the case. No set fee, and good points money is how it should be. But I guess riders being asked to guest, can dictate terms to a degree.

Covatti rode in great pain for Somerset. Ideally needs rest so a guest booking wouldnt be top of his wish list - next.......

Another poor meeting tonight. Two overtakes on a quick track. Too many restarts caused by referee holding the tapes down too long. Too much whinging by Panthers riders about track conditions. The only positive is the Stars got all the league points.

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

Busk Jakobsen, Kevin Doolan, Jye Etheridge, Josh Pickering, Paul Starke. Plenty of options. 

Paul Starke got an Audi when booked against Ipswich......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haza said:

I follow what goes on at the club and in speedway in general what is wrong with that ? I’m not saying I will never go again it’s just not for me at the moment . 

If do don't go you are not allowed to show an interest and are obliged to delete the sport from your life!:angry:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Are you surprised ?

Not at all tbh, it's become the norm. Problem is the promotion is completely oblivious to it and they wonder why attendances are down!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Nothing, as long as they were at the meeting to form their own opinion. These people haven't been to a meeting in years by their own admission yet still think they have a valid opinion on what's happening now. 

Its their choice not to go, that's fine, but I've lost my local track because of ' non-attenders' who all went years ago and still feel free to slag the sport and then bemoan the state of the sport and the fact tracks are closing.

Ludicrous!

Dedicated supporters who have been going for years suddenly stop going! Ever asked yourself why?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Not at all tbh, it's become the norm. Problem is the promotion is completely oblivious to it and they wonder why attendances are down!

As long at the dosh from BT Sport comes rolling in, the coterie of spivs who control speedway in this country are happy.   

4 minutes ago, PE7Panther said:

As long at the dosh from BT Sport comes rolling in, the coterie of spivs who control speedway in this country are happy.   

Rolling in. It's peanuts, but keeps speedway on the box. Sky gave big money, but it seems it was chanalled elsewhere:blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Rolling in. It's peanuts, but keeps speedway on the box. Sky gave big money, but it seems it was chanalled elsewhere:blink:

If it is 'peanuts' why were Bluster & Co so desperate to get the contractual minimum 7 teams into the top league, no matter what it took? 

Anyway, I'd be surprised if BT Sport are as keen next time around.