British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Somerset

Right....Lets not leave it till the last minute to post team news for this one?

I've already read on Birmingham's thread that a 'neutral' supporter is waiting to see what team we put out before deciding whether to attend?

Promotion/Management take note....

Team news on Wednesday morning is of no help/enthusiasm /encouragement to anyone.....not criticising, just making what I feel is a valid point.

I want as many fans through the turnstiles as possible in trying/helping to keep us alive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just Read Ben Barker has the week off so he wont be guesting .

What is the rule regarding having a guest in your home meeting do you get a bit more than there average ? 

Adam Ellis is 7.69 and Charles Wright is 7.77  . I am sure i read you get an  extra 5% for a guest at home maybe a old rule.

Jordan Stewart would be a ok guest for Ash Morris suppose .

I do not know really Jensen for Aarnio if that home averagge rule applys ?

18.10 A GUEST RIDER (G) replaces an absent regular Team Member subject to the following: 18.10.1 If the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the Top 1 – 5 of the Team, then the Missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by + 5% at a Home Meeting to determine the allowance for the Guest rider.

I have answered my own question . Yes we get an extra 5%.

On this basis we have 8.07 for Adam so Charles fits .

For Aarnio we are allowed 7.056 so Barker or Rasmus Jensen would be a great guest .

• Thanks 1

I think CW is on a 9 average?

I haven't a clue how the guest/averages work?

I'm guessing Arnio is back? not sure what we'll get from him though?

3 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

18.10 A GUEST RIDER (G) replaces an absent regular Team Member subject to the following: 18.10.1 If the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the Top 1 – 5 of the Team, then the Missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by + 5% at a Home Meeting to determine the allowance for the Guest rider.

I have answered my own question . Yes we get an extra 5%.

On this basis we have 8.07 for Adam so Charles fits .

For Aarnio we are allowed 7.056 so Barker or Rasmus Jensen would be a great guest .

Well we're the only Championship fixture this Weds, so no reason why we can't announce an early line-up ???

Possibly due to team changes. 2 in 2 out.

dont forget , put plenty of water down . Rory does not like a grippy/dirty or watered track ...  dump a big puddle of water on the track outside the pits gate and that will sort out the aussie pom lol. he will be beaten before he starts ...

1 hour ago, jenga said:

dont forget , put plenty of water down . Rory does not like a grippy/dirty or watered track ...  dump a big puddle of water on the track outside the pits gate and that will sort out the aussie pom lol. he will be beaten before he starts ...

Nature is seeing to the water for us!

Local Radio saying that we're using R/R for Ellis tonight ??? Hope this is incorrect and Worrall is still appearing???

Track really needs to be carved up  and some grip created after last week's debacle...... especially after the signing of Garrity .

Although, Harris will revel with some outside lines......really looking forward to watching Chris back at PB.....

If the surface is race-able, we're in for one hell of match !

Hope Covatti's slowed down a bit after his injury : ) nobody got near him earlier in the season!

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

An away win looming for Somerset against this makeshift Brum side the Wallinger signing is baffling.

Makeshift ? 1 guest in worrall .  6 of the 7 are riding tonight ? agreed wallinger signing is a joke .

I can understand why Sidney uses the term 'makeshift' ?

1 guest, 2 new signings(1 which is extremely under-whelming), 1 rider not ready for Championship level, 1 rider returning from injury (whom was below average before injury imo...) which leaves just Paco and Shanesy?

You can call it whatever you like . i would call it embarrassing . I still cannot believe we Agertoft ( on a 5.00 ave ffs ) and Wallinger are in the same championship team .  Shockingly bad changes quite frankly and i have not seen any comments saying otherwise . You normally get the arse lickers (GA and BB ) out by now saying its not the managements fault but actually the fault of us fans why the team is so noncompetitive. Which i have recently read Mr BB accuse the Brummies fans of been the reason our team is useless . 

41 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

You can call it whatever you like . i would call it embarrassing . I still cannot believe we Agertoft ( on a 5.00 ave ffs ) and Wallinger are in the same championship team .  Shockingly bad changes quite frankly and i have not seen any comments saying otherwise . You normally get the arse lickers (GA and BB ) out by now saying its not the managements fault but actually the fault of us fans why the team is so noncompetitive. Which i have recently read Mr BB accuse the Brummies fans of been the reason our team is useless . 

Your straight talking makes me smile 'Ptbab' ! : ))))))

I get carried away myself at times and have to 'edit' my posts once I've calmed down : )

I applaud the Masons for giving us racing, but I do think they might need to employ someone else to select/sign riders ?

It's difficult to judge I guess, when we don't know who's available and what budget's available ? but surely Hume/Stoneman would be better to have over Agertoft/Wallinger and I can't imagine they'd cost any more ?

It's like one step forward, 2 steps back with every signing we're making lately?

I can see Roo boy having a outstanding performance (against a poor team) ..........hoping some of the ify meetings are then forgotten about by Gary?