British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Somerset

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I can see Roo boy having a outstanding performance (against a poor team) ..........hoping some of the ify meetings are then forgotten about by Gary?

Spot on Ghosty, although he went missing in heat 15.

11 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

How was the track tonight good  ?

Motorway style . ?

4 hours ago, guitar_art said:

No i did not. How dare you. My comments were in relation to the disgusting remarks made about Chris Harris.

hang on a minute HOW DARE YOU . A man who  likened people to ADOLF HITLER and  that is fact , Listen back on your episode . A point which has been picked up by others . SO HOW DARE YOU . WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ????????????? 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

hang on a minute HOW DARE YOU . A man who  likened people to ADOLF HITLER and  that is fact , Listen back on your episode . A point which has been picked up by others . SO HOW DARE YOU . WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ????????????? 

Oh dear. Please get your facts straight. I said that adolf hitler would have enjiyed and used social media to his advantage. I said that right at the beginning of the show and before i mentioned my opinion of the remarks made about Chris Harris

I never likened anyone particularly anyone connected to speedway to adolf Hitler. And the only reason i am bothering to point this out is because it's good publicity for the show ( thank you for that.)

Was the racing any better this week? Was told they getting some new shale believe it's the same as Swindon are using????

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Was the racing any better this week? Was told they getting some new shale believe it's the same as Swindon are using????

Good meeting in the circumstances, Garrity did well and hopefully can keep it up. Not a lot you can do with tracks when so hot and sunny.

Fear our season is frittering out though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Conditions/racing was a lot better than last week! I believe there's some 'new' material on its way and it might be in place for the next home meeting?

Fair play to the promotion for doing that for us.......

Well, our season might be 'frittering' out as H Gould puts it? but if Jason Garrity rides like that for our remaining 4 Home fixtures, then ALL fans will be in for a treat!

That boy can ride a bike ! He's 'fearless' ! Best 'thing' I've seen at PB in years! Can't wait to see him in our colours again in 2 weeks! He was that exciting, the match result didn't bother me at all......it was GREAT to see him slaughter Schlein/Harris in Heat 15 and his enthusiasm and celebration was better than some of the racing itself!

He even clocked the fastest time of the night in as late as Heat 12 !!! He just got faster the more he rode!

As for the meeting in general....we ran Somerset a lot closer than I thought we would, although we never looked like winning.

Not wanting to sound too critical, but the manager isn't as tactically astute as I think he could/should be....just my opinion???

The ref let at least 2 start moves go.......Covatti heat 7 which resulted in a Somerset 5-1 (not that it wouldve been any different, if he hadnt moved) and then Garrity moved in Heat 9.....

Praise to Steve Worrall for his efforts.....he'd of scored more had Agertoft not got in his way in Heat 6.

Agertoft still way out his depth and Arnio is just about quicker than the opposing reserves.....

Can't criticise Wallinger as its not his fault that he's been signed.....but the sooner they give his place to a more worthy 'youngster' the better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Good meeting in the circumstances, Garrity did well and hopefully can keep it up. Not a lot you can do with tracks when so hot and sunny.

Fear our season is frittering out though.

To be fair its been frittering out since the season started. An initial weak line up, leading to multiple team changes brought on by injurys and averages. Coming to tapes next season will be the Brummies biggest achievement.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

To be fair its been frittering out since the season started. An initial weak line up, leading to multiple team changes brought on by injurys and averages. Coming to tapes next season will be the Brummies biggest achievement.

Spot on!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Late call / acceptance into the league meant that Brum were behind with team signings and had to work with the scraps. Failure to build a team that was either full familiar or powerful was always going to make it hard for fans to back and a track that is fair to away teams means defeats at home were likely too. What needed to be managed was the expectation levels, word directly from the Mason's (rather than spin doctor Rogers) about how the step up was harder than they expected but we are building a long term future would help. Its unfair to expect trophies in year one but its also unfair to expect fans to turn out week on week without being appreciated / entertained. 

• Like 1

Glad it was a good meeting, unable to make it.  With no more holidays planned for either ourselves or the possible dog sitters looking forward to the rest of the season.

24 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Late call / acceptance into the league meant that Brum were behind with team signings and had to work with the scraps. Failure to build a team that was either full familiar or powerful was always going to make it hard for fans to back and a track that is fair to away teams means defeats at home were likely too. What needed to be managed was the expectation levels, word directly from the Mason's (rather than spin doctor Rogers) about how the step up was harder than they expected but we are building a long term future would help. Its unfair to expect trophies in year one but its also unfair to expect fans to turn out week on week without being appreciated / entertained. 

Not only that 'Sings' but we lost our PR man Lee Kilby to Swindon!?

I admire David/Peter for sticking at it....

No disrespect to 'Rogers', but I think we'd also benefit/progress from a new manager....may be a well respected ex-rider of sorts ?

I think Laurence's strength lies in the development League. He's out his depth in the Championship imo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Conditions/racing was a lot better than last week! I believe there's some 'new' material on its way and it might be in place for the next home meeting?

Fair play to the promotion for doing that for us.......

Well, our season might be 'frittering' out as H Gould puts it? but if Jason Garrity rides like that for our remaining 4 Home fixtures, then ALL fans will be in for a treat!

That boy can ride a bike ! He's 'fearless' ! Best 'thing' I've seen at PB in years! Can't wait to see him in our colours again in 2 weeks! He was that exciting, the match result didn't bother me at all......it was GREAT to see him slaughter Schlein/Harris in Heat 15 and his enthusiasm and celebration was better than some of the racing itself!

He even clocked the fastest time of the night in as late as Heat 12 !!! He just got faster the more he rode!

As for the meeting in general....we ran Somerset a lot closer than I thought we would, although we never looked like winning.

Not wanting to sound too critical, but the manager isn't as tactically astute as I think he could/should be....just my opinion???

The ref let at least 2 start moves go.......Covatti heat 7 which resulted in a Somerset 5-1 (not that it wouldve been any different, if he hadnt moved) and then Garrity moved in Heat 9.....

Praise to Steve Worrall for his efforts.....he'd of scored more had Agertoft not got in his way in Heat 6.

Agertoft still way out his depth and Arnio is just about quicker than the opposing reserves.....

Can't criticise Wallinger as its not his fault that he's been signed.....but the sooner they give his place to a more worthy 'youngster' the better!

There is no doubt that Garrity is” box office” and 100% effort ,but he has to stay on the bike more he usually miss 1/2 season through injury.